These clerics ain't no clerics, they're wizards!

Options
TurboWolf - Harshlands
TurboWolf - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Cleric
When I started playing this game I picked cleric as class for these reasons:

Jump into fray with blunt weapons, shiny plate mails, holy fire magic, disrupt the undead, blessings...

Just the opposite of what a necromancer would be:
Cowardly attack from behind a summon, powerless robe defense, twisted dark magic, summon the undead, cursing...
Venomancers are somewhat close to these.

But what are "clerics" in this game? They're just squishy wizards who attack from afar in their robes. I do not like. What I like is smashing skeleton skulls while they vaporize to holy fire :(

In case someone's still wondering.

This is a cleric:
http://i52.tinypic.com/25pu9ok.jpg

This is a sparkling white mage:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2jazsxf.jpg
Post edited by TurboWolf - Harshlands on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Damn mouse make me type again . . (b:angry)
    Actually Cleric is a name given for international and some other english version.
    The previous name is Priest or Yu Ling for the original.

Just like how i prefer to call venomancer = Lady Fox / Yao Jing and BM = Warrior / Wu Xia

And to mention these game culture o.0 undead isn't a favorite enemies for in China . .
    Have you heard how some mmo have to alter their undead looks specifically for China community ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Whaat? Clerics are healers. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • TurboWolf - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nu! Healers are healers and clerics are clerics... which can sometimes heal.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nu! Healers are healers and clerics are clerics... which can sometimes heal.

What is a cleric in games you play? XD In the game I used to play, the healing class was an archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• TurboWolf - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, pretty much what I described when I made this thread. I got a picture, check it out!
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, pretty much what I described when I made this thread. I got a picture, check it out!

Is it melee? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• TurboWolf - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes, clerics are melee who usually cannot use pointed weapons.

They're like a weaker version of a fighter which can also use holy magic (not just heals, that's secondary).
    They do not rely on magic to deal with their opponents like wizards, they smash them with blunt weapons.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Easy example is pilgrim, basically just use blunt weapon + a bit alchemy + pray (non magical)
    or acolyte on Ragnarok that want to be monk (b:shutup) smash people with mace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Forget about the name of class, in this game Cleric = Healing Mage.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I get what you're talking about... I'm a D&Der (all 4 editions), and that game's definition of 'cleric' is pretty much exactly that: the blunt weapon-toting back-up fighter who can also throw out heals and other support spells, including undead-destroyers.

But as you've no doubt noticed if you're that highly leveled... undead aren't treated any differently from other mobs in this game. They can hardly be counted as undead at all. you'll also notice there are no necromancers, so that balance doesn't really work. But then again, D&D does not have pet-tamers with as varied an arsenal as the Venos, and their cleric heals are generall on touch... which means they have to be in melee, jsut to be able to heal the tanks.

That's the thing about video games. When you dive in, you have to be willing to accept the internal logic that each game works by. If you can't put aside your previous biases and just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than what you think it should be, perhaps you shouldn't be playing at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • TurboWolf - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's the thing about video games. When you dive in, you have to be willing to accept the internal logic that each game works by. If you can't put aside your previous biases and just enjoy the game for what it is, rather than what you think it should be, perhaps you shouldn't be playing at all.

Woah, please don't attack me!
    If I got to lvl91, maybe I enjoy playing white wizzies too, don't you think?

I just wish this game had a cleric class...
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dont see why the word cleric should be used to describe a holy warrior class.

when u say cleric, the first thing you think is robes, weak physical defense and magic/holy powers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleric

what you said brings to mind a paladin..

in any case, different games, different classes, different terms.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is a sparkling white mage:
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2jazsxf.jpg
    my you look lovely in that sparkling skirt of yours :D just look it how dainty it is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you have nothing better to do than start a ***** fit about semantics than i really pitty you lol.

Anyway perfect wold can call whatever they want whatever they want, if they want to call the healing class super attacker sword doom doom, they can and we as players have to accept it. And as for them not being "true clerics" the word cleric pre dates D&D or any other game, its an old English word that simply means a man of holy orders.
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know what you mean. I thought the same thing when I saw clerics... Never much liked playing them in D&D though, so I wasn't all that disappointed.

I went with ranger. so playing (very infrequently) the BowMaster works for me. b:cool
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Turbo stop it before you make me think mystics are clerics! b:cry

WHERE ARE YOU CLERICS!!! WE NEED YOU IN BHs!!!
    (I'm being abused with res buff requests T.T)
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just the opposite of what a necromancer would be:
    Cowardly attack from behind a summon, powerless robe defense, twisted dark magic, summon the undead, cursing...
    Venomancers are somewhat close to these.

b:sad a Veno is NOTHING like a necromancer. They charismatically charm animals into helping them in battle b:cute

MYSTICS are like necromancers! They summon strange demonic minions to attack for them, and even come back from the dead when you kill them!!! b:shocked
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver
    VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's actually what I was thinking when I joined this game. I'm from EQoA and on there the clerics used blunt weapons and plate armor, they typically still stayed in the back though, mainly healing and dealing massive damage on undead mobs.

Mystics kind of remind me as druids from that game...