Please remove Tokens of Best Luck from Duke's shouting.

VeonitaMysti - Dreamweaver
VeonitaMysti - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
This is a Suggestion.
I belive that most players are very annoyed by this.
I do know that it is unlikely to happen but it is worth a try.

Lets show our voice in a Poll,
so PWE actuelly sees a number of how many Ppl are highly annoyed by this.

Please do NOT try to flame PWE / Packs / Sales in this thread cause it is not ment for that.

Best way to get something done is by being polite cause honestly I wouldn't listen to someone flaming me to death either.

Greetings
Veo
I am:
VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
Veonita LvL 23 Seeker
LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
$exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
$exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
Post edited by VeonitaMysti - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i say remove duke shouts altogether save for the wraith attack announcements>_> it serves no purpose to let everyone know when you get a best luck, or any other high value item aside from causing you to get a flood of PMs with **** poor offers. it's annoying as hell when your having a convo with someone and the entire chat box gets flooded with red text then you need to scroll back up to see what yout fried was saying.
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, there's one reason why they do it. And I hate to think this is the reasoning, but the evidence is kind'a pointing in that direction.

Incentive.

Ooh, look how cool BillyBob is, gettin' his Perfect Token. He's gonna get all them good mounts, get his rank 9 gear. Don't you wish you were like BillyBob? He's so cool. Now everyone knows his name.

It's a disgusting form of advertising.

I really, sincerely hope the developers prove me wrong here and take the opinions of the players into account and get rid of that spam.
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah do something. I only care about wraith attacks. No one gives a damn who gets a token.
    Quite frankly thats not makeing me wanna buy. I have bought like 30 packs only got the regular tokens nothing else. Not buying anymore ever.
    edited March 2011
    Well, there's one reason why they do it. And I hate to think this is the reasoning, but the evidence is kind'a pointing in that direction.

Incentive.

Ooh, look how cool BillyBob is, gettin' his Perfect Token. He's gonna get all them good mounts, get his rank 9 gear. Don't you wish you were like BillyBob? He's so cool. Now everyone knows his name.

I really, sincerely hope the developers prove me wrong here and take the opinions of the players into account and get rid of that spam.

LOL that's kinda funny. and entirely possible but i don't think that was their intention
  • Eva_La_Roux - Lost City
    Eva_La_Roux - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why dont we all just spam a GM asking it to be removed it today, just keep spaming their inbox until something is done about it.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All of the red lines don't make me want to read anything. I reduce the number of lines to three and even put the other window over it to cover the redness.
    Those who want to sell or exchange their items lose. Those who want to buy specific item lose too. and I don't even want to think about those who want to talk about strategy in squads, during instances.

At least the dummies with their immature talk kind of get ignored fast when Duke spams. That said I then cannot screenshot their dumb banter so I could make a report to GMs... Huh? Just kidding.

But yes, even hiding into whisper is useless.
    I really am not into gambling at all. Why is it there after all? To incite people to spend money? Pack announcements and sales (like for now) are enough for that to happen.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    These spams get players killed. yesterday i was doing an fb run with guildies, and because we couldnt communicate cause of the spams everyone died b:cry .
    edited March 2011
    lool would have loved to see thatxD
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The best luck shouts have GOT to go. I mean I got a citrine gem yesterday and duke didn't say anything... I know a citrine gem isn't that exciting but when you get one of those, a lot of times people will PM you asking you if you are selling it because there are a number of people out there who need them. NO ONE cares who gets a best luck.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd kill just to see a piece of ducktape being taped on Dukes loud mouth... Realy we should all just go on a strike this friday and let the wraiths have him... Or lock him up in a room with the devs and gm's for 24 hours and see how they like it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Agreed, it's annoying how "the duke will be shut up come next maintenance" yet the most important shout to remove was left in the game. Right after maintenance, I swear, I saw absolutely NO CHANGE in the amounts of red text, in fact, I actually saw MORE red text despite him only announcing Best Lucks, due mainly because Best Lucks are so damn common, and also because the damn pack sale has resulted in mass number of packs being opened.

The Best Luck spam has got to go, ASAP. Or at least, I would like to see an explanation as to why they specifically left only the Best Luck shouts in instead of removing them with the rest of the spammy shouts.

The bidding hall spam also needs to go.I have no reason to be "reminded" about the bidding hall when I have no interest in it whatsoever, and even if I did, I'm not an idiot or some senile old fossil, I don't need to be reminded every damn minute.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Agreed, it's annoying how "the duke will be shut up come next maintenance" yet the most important shout to remove was left in the game. Right after maintenance, I swear, I saw absolutely NO CHANGE in the amounts of red text, in fact, I actually saw MORE red text despite him only announcing Best Lucks, due mainly because Best Lucks are so damn common, and also because the damn pack sale has resulted in mass number of packs being opened.

The Best Luck spam has got to go, ASAP. Or at least, I would like to see an explanation as to why they specifically left only the Best Luck shouts in instead of removing them with the rest of the spammy shouts.

The bidding hall spam also needs to go.I have no reason to be "reminded" about the bidding hall when I have no interest in it whatsoever, and even if I did, I'm not an idiot or some senile old fossil, I don't need to be reminded every damn minute.

Yeah, during bidding it is almost impossible to use the chat. You might as well just sit and wait for the bidding to be over before you start talking to anyone.
  • VeonitaMysti - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I wish more players would pay attention to this thread cause I think we could really get something done here.
    It is not hard to add the Tokens to the "to-be-ignored-by-duke-list" so I think if we manage to get some more votes they might even listen to our request.

So please if you haven't voted yet, do so.

Greetings
    Veonita
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    Veonita LvL 23 Seeker
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

• MrSho - Archosaur
    MrSho - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And lets not forget how they disable the possibility to disable Red Chat (System Messages), but funny how basically everything you can block out, heck you can even BL yourself >_>
  • Zaraxia - Dreamweaver
    Zaraxia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    God, yes, please do this. I'm discouraged from anything posted in the Suggestion Box getting any attention from the devs, ever, but at least giving us the option to block out the red spam would be just fantastic.

Flooding the chat with advertisements doesn't make me want to buy anything, it makes me want to take a break and play something else. Isn't PWI making enough money as it is? Alienating your player base isn't going to make you more cash. I can't think of a single person who actually likes seeing the red spam.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Or they could make another box for it (like the horns...) just to spam red chat about what people got from the packs without having us minimize it or taking it out.

Another thing I want to see changed is the bidding everyday. Does it seriously need to come up all at once that creates a 5 paragraphs long spam? -.- At least change it so 1 at a time comes up every 15 seconds or something! Besides, the bidding window is up to date so if someone is bidding, they should keep the window up!
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Incentive.

Sadly Tokens of Best Luck are being overlooked in chat because it's too common seeing them as an announced prize... and then no one talks about how many packs people opened before obtaining those... a few hundred maybe, by someone with a hand that is trained to trigger the right button of the mouse at the speed of a gatling gun?
    b:laugh

...And the funniest part... The same people complaining in world chat they got no luck.

Incentive you say? Maybe, but hey, does not make me want to gamble as I know the risk (small fee, repeated act many times, a big spending in the end, very low chances to gain exceptional stuff).
    Or they could make another box for it (like the horns...) just to spam red chat about what people got from the packs without having us minimize it or taking it out.

Another thing I want to see changed is the bidding everyday. Does it seriously need to come up all at once that creates a 5 paragraphs long spam? -.- At least change it so 1 at a time comes up every 15 seconds or something! Besides, the bidding window is up to date so if someone is bidding, they should keep the window up!

I'd rather have an option to trigger it or not... The same would go for bidding, TW bids and other event announcements that do not matter to me at all.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Solerina - Sanctuary
    Solerina - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I understand the announcements are used as an incentive to others for buying packs but personally, the ToBL announcements have led me to completely ignore all the pack shouts.

Might be in the minority here when I say that I hate red spam, so why would I inflict it on others? I've no desire to buy packs when they clutter up the chat in this way. It's be much better to simply remove the ToBL from the Duke's shouts and let people see instead all the great items people are getting.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why dont we all just spam a GM asking it to be removed it today, just keep spaming their inbox until something is done about it.

The GM might care about players, but a job is a job.
    That's like asking employer to fight their boss. Which they won't do it, if the boss didn't doing something wrong to them or the business. And as a boss will you keep listening your employees wishes to change your decision ?

Unless the employee is boss best friend forever, it will be hard.

(b:angry) But . . i am totally support what these thread want !! (b:angry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i dont see the big deal on the shouts i dont pay them much mind. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Usually i also didn't care . . but it better if it's not there . . isn't it ? (b:surrender)
    Yes, no big deal for people like us. But it's annoying none less, so just support the thread. (b:victory)
    I found people now want to end meaning less complain quickly . . but sometime it better to just let it go.
    Until it end by it self . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Evonmin - Raging Tide
    Evonmin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, the red-spam is VERY ANNOYING.

Personally, I feel that it is VERY RUDE to interrupt ppl's conversation in this matter.

TOTALLY SUPPORT to REMOVE these RED-SPAM, except for Wraith attack n TW.

Cheers
  • VeonitaMysti - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    i dont see the big deal on the shouts i dont pay them much mind. >.>

You know how to Troll a Poll.

TY for Voting with at least 10 of your Characters
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    Veonita LvL 23 Seeker
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

• hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There have been times that Duke shouts so much I cannot keep track of my chats. I've missed so many whispers from people cuz Duke fills up my chat box and it scrolls away before i see it. When you're in an instance and you need to be able to communicat w/ your party members you don't need a spammer flooding your chat box. Sometimes I miss half of what's going on in guild chat. It doesn't make me want to go out and buy packs to try to get that nifty item. It makes me want to boycott them.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know how to Troll a Poll.

TY for Voting with at least 10 of your Characters

As.shole

yes cause i said no i have to have been the only one to vote no right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Veonita - Dreamweaver
    Veonita - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yes cause i said no i have to have been the only one to vote no right?

Ppl who voted No:

Dalibor_fa - Raging Tide, DragoonKing - Dreamweaver, Escorian - Dreamweaver, Escorian - Harshlands, Escorian - Raging Tide, Escorian - Sanctuary, Escorian_ - Archosaur, Esco_Heals - Dreamweaver, Esco_Lunar - Dreamweaver, Esco_San - Dreamweaver, Esco_Slave - Dreamweaver, Iakothm - Dreamweaver, losstarot, Mikatrick - Harshlands, Niarosce - Dreamweaver, ryokusensei, RyokuSensei - Dreamweaver, RyokuSensei - Heavens Tear, Ryoku_ - Archosaur, Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver, Ryoku_Sensei - Dreamweaver, Ryoku_sensei - Heavens Tear, Ryukino - Sanctuary, Ryuko_ - Dreamweaver, Ryuko_Chan - Dreamweaver, Ryuko_Chan - Sanctuary, saphire1960, Sheik_ - Dreamweaver, TinglyCIit - Dreamweaver, xnate, _Nuriko_ - Lost City, _Ryoku - Dreamweaver, _Ryoku - Sanctuary

Get the point?
    I can see who voted.

And it is obvious that you are trying to destroy this Thread.
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAIexis Lvl 092 Sin

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thread closed at OP's request
This discussion has been closed.