Will new Genesis class make Venos obsolete?

FennecFox - Heavens Tear
FennecFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
So. I know that in my guild we've all been asking this question. That's why I was wondering what your opinions on the matter are. Do you think venos will become obsolete? b:sad
Post edited by FennecFox - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited January 2011
    Yep. Clerics too.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Most likely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • JRRigoz - Dreamweaver
    JRRigoz - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    FOR the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time..NOb:angry

They can't out DD venos, They can't out-heal clerics, Their rez buff has to be cast BEFORE you die and has an insane mana cost, and The mystics are said to be MP troubled.

Calm the F down already.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yeah Im totally scared of being replaced by mystics.

Oh no.. help.. help... save me.. oh woe as me..
  • FennecFox - Heavens Tear
    FennecFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I understand that they won't be as good at DD as venos and healing as clerics, but isn't this a bit repetitive? We've always wanted clerics to be able to res themselves and we've wanted another class that has pets, both of which the new class will be able to do. But it's like combining veno and cleric and taking out some properties which would make the new class invincible... I find it kind of repetitive...
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I doubt it.

Mystics have advantages, but they also lack many of the strengths clerics and venos have. You won't find a mystic using Amplify Damage, nor will you find a Mystic casting Spirit's Gift to increase their or anyone's damage.

If your fighting something/someone that does magic damage, Mystics have to hope it's Water or Wood. Otherwise, a Cleric will provide far greater protection. So far, no info that Mystic summons get anything like howl so they can't boost the mystic's damage nor anything like Flesh Ream.

They're an alternative. A good mystic is better than a bad cleric or veno. That's about as far as it gets to "replacing," imo.
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I doubt there is any flaws into both mystics or seekers, I mean come on.... look at their skills closely... kind of is familiar if you look at all of the old classes that seems to be put together into two different new classes.

Also even if we all have our opinions....does not mean seekers or mystic have flaws...its better to wait til they come out and figure that out for yourself then to judge a book by its cover.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    FOR the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time..NOb:angry

They can't out DD venos, They can't out-heal clerics, Their rez buff has to be cast BEFORE you die and has an insane mana cost, and The mystics are said to be MP troubled.

Calm the F down already.

proof?b:cute
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well according to one poster in that thread, mystic blows. It just spews out mp at the speed of light and not strong at all.

Apparently.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    the mystics Summons have skills, but to use them you have to charge the summon with mana, unlike veno pets which skills effectively provide free damage (other than the cost to level the skills/pet itself). Also when summoned mystic Summons come out at 50% hp, not great if you are jumped by someone or something while you don't have your summon out. Advantage is they do not need rezzed/don't lose loyalty if they "die" simply resummoned (and again hp and mp would need to be charged by the mystic). Another advantage the mystic has is that the Summons is automatically the players level each time it is summoned, so they do not have to take time out to grind pets to your level like venos do. Hopefully this is something that PW will look at (give Venos some sort of pet hyper/oracle so they can level them faster?) or in this area Venos might feel a bit put out (and probably rightly so - check out this link to see how many mobs need to be killed to get a single level on a high level pet )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree with JRRigoz.

Its silly to think that mystics will replace Clerics or Venos. Ok so the heave an auto rez skill...put they dont have the heals or power that a cleric has and their pets as far as i have read just summons that are brought out with only half their HP.

With the seekers a couple of their skills actually require mirage stones to cast. To me that is not worth it.....oh god just realized something......mirage stones prices are going to skyrocket >.> Pwi better give us a way to make them fast or alot of angry players will there be....b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jjpppj
    jjpppj Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    can any one plz tell me when i log in and every thing and where i get to the point where i have to make a new class nothing shows up like theres no options on creating classes and stuff like tht i can only see the back ground and the start button and the exit button . I need help
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    jjpppj wrote: »
    can any one plz tell me when i log in and every thing and where i get to the point where i have to make a new class nothing shows up like theres no options on creating classes and stuff like tht i can only see the back ground and the start button and the exit button . I need help

Lololololtroll

But just in case, whatever:

Open PWI, brings you to patch screen, click "Start", there's a little intro movie with the pygmy guys, once it's done you get the Notice screen, click Confirm, now you're at login screen, at the bottom left you click "choose server," pick one, then you can log in by typing in your info and clicking "Start." Now you're at character creation screen. If there's no "Create" button there, then wtf your client is on drugs.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Thrillseeka - Raging Tide
    Thrillseeka - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i try both classes but dam both sucks hard

mystic looks great rely and pet to but is a dam mana eather no fun ad all
    if even storm mistress ask for mana to to use her thunder skill -.-

am more poting my mana then do some damege

about seeker i was hoping a new DPS class but sadly no my barb hit beter then seeker
    and i have more hp and deff to

so in my few those new classes are not a good replacement for the old ones

if they rely need to make those new classes beter they beter do it so
    for now there pretty weak
  • Baoxian - Raging Tide
    Baoxian - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've seen alot more dead Mystics in a lvl range, when my haven't died even once.
    And they also changed the Pet summon system for Venos too.
    No more putting back your old Pet, if you want to summon another one, like
    the mystics, this makes it faster to lure b:victory
    And Venos need only MP-Potions when fighting Bosses b:scorn
  • miyanism
    miyanism Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't think that they suck, but they are not flawless by any means either.
    I never felt such an mp crunch like i do with my mystic, and i am concerned about the power output at higher levels, atm it's using hand me downs from my veno (better than the default stuff) and she isn't stacking up as well in comparison.

In time we'll see, they are pretty fun though ^^ and i love having a healing spells for myself. In that aspect they do have a triumph over veno's, a slip up of pulling aggro from your pet isn't as bad with a mystic.
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I remember threads like this when assassins were released, many archers scared to be replaced. Archers and wizards are still here, not replaced at all by assassins and psychics.

I still think veno>mystic because of the amp damage and ironwood scarab, whit these support skills is possible to kill a boss whit a single spark (less than 15 seconds...). Purge it's golden in 2-x vs the monkey and the boss in nirvana (don't remember his name).

Hercules tank ability will not be mached by the summons, even glacial walker has more phy def.
    Not less important mystic's skills need a **** load of mp...

Imo veno is still better at support endgame squad and solo farm, mystic should not be bad in low - mid scenario.

About clerics...buffs + regeneration aura (BB), nothing else to say.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sage Amplify Damage.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    People just need to stop comparing them on the same grounds as other classes. A Mystic is the tank: not the summons. The Summon is their DD for soloing.

Seeker Yataghan Vortex L10:
    Drains 421.4 Mana every 1.5 seconds. Deals constant Physical damage
    to targets within a 12.0 meter radius. The damage is equal
    to base damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 7842.8.
    Spell will channel until you either run out of Chi or cancel
    the spell.

Compare to Wiz's DB L10:
    The power of the Fire God surrounds your body in a blazing vortex.
    All enemies within 12 meters of you suffer constant Fire damage.
    Consumes 300 Mana every 3 seconds, inflicting Fire damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 4458.2. Casting will not stop
    until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

-Then consider a Seeker in HA with BP vs Wiz in AA and the possibilities; and no NOT Nirvana. =s
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • AdohBlade - Heavens Tear
    AdohBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No I really do not think anyone will be replaced. The venos have too many options and more free range to cause dmg then a mystic does.

And I switched to seeker because it focuses on swords and I have waited for them to make a class like this. They actually get really good once you do their cult quest in arch you know the really long pain the..one >_>. I havent died once since I have done this cult. I really think it is also because to many people hypered and player leveled. No know knows how to fully use these i mean come on. lv 100 already of this new race/classes you cannot tell me you know how to use it already lol. Remember how bad it was when people tried to rush the tideborns. It didnt balance out until a month or two later. Just because you have the skills doesnt mean you understand how to stat it lol. Thats just my op.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the only way a mystic will replace a veno is if cragglord becomes perm. it basically has the tanking power of a herc combined with the offensive power of a nyx.

but untill that happens, no, a mystic will not replace veno.
  • AlphaMale - Raging Tide
    AlphaMale - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No.

I read on my old guild's forums that Mystic pets can't tank ****. They're only good for DDing.

I guess it'd be like having a Nix tank Frostagelion Type-0.

Not worth it.
    To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As far as to my knowledge, Earthguards are a waste of time, just more crowd control class that has skills that PW could have added to or revamped our old classic PW classes. I'm curious to see what more fail ideas they're going to come up with next! b:laugh
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have both a veno and cleric, and i tried out the mystic...wow. and here i was thinking clerics really use up man..the mystic is like something sticks a straw in you and sucks it right out. reminds me of fighting the WB Ancient Spearman, who totally empties your mana fast as you get it back!

im sticking with my veno and cleric...dont need something else that eats charms like chips

well according to one poster in that thread, mystic blows. It just spews out mp at the speed of light and not strong at all.

Apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mysitc's pretty good if you know what you're doing... but ya the mp suckage is horrible lol But... idk if this has been mentioned. But there's no way in hell mystic'll replace veno. IDK about the 3rd pet.. salvation something.... but I've got the 1st two so far. Devil's good, but at 25 i went to my mini veno to look at a lvl 25 walker's defense. then i went back to Mystic. Devil's "skill" was maxxed, and his defense was STILL only HALF of a Glacial walker.

The second pet's stats are even worse all the way across the board. Only thing THAT thing is good for i can see is AOE's (like maybe in FF) since one of it's skills is a AOE. I'll have to get a bit higher to check out the thrid pet but ya... Devil's not even close to a walker. not to mention a Walker with Strong and protect, or a herc itself.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    veno have purge and amp
    the have a lot better pets.
    the have bramble guard and hood (and trust me hood is freaking scary b:shocked)
    they can pass me spark
    they can run so much absurdly faster....

they have a mana gain skill b:dirty

and when need be they can get an absurd amount of def in fox form

and for mystic replacing clerics.. umm no..

ressing with more hp is nice and break in the clouds totally trumps wellspring but other than that cleric wins
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Replacing in some dungeons, no, but in MOST instances, they replace veno's by far. Having an off healer and a good DD'er ( yes mystic out DD veno's if you use your skills right) is way more liked in parties.

Rez buff is LOVED by clerics, so atm the mystic is taken over any veno in squad. Also thicket is a major OP skill that just insane as an aoe skill once leveled up and with a decent weapon.

Tanking wise, there aren't any veno's tanking anymore, APS DD's took over. In that specific case i can see mystics take over the place of clerics in nirvana, just because they can AOE heal and keep up easily with their single heal.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I understand that they won't be as good at DD as venos and healing as clerics, but isn't this a bit repetitive? We've always wanted clerics to be able to res themselves and we've wanted another class that has pets, both of which the new class will be able to do. But it's like combining veno and cleric and taking out some properties which would make the new class invincible... I find it kind of repetitive...

Mystics do not have the capability of purges or amp... nor can it reduce defenses to 0 they also cannot send chi to a tank or someone else who needs it. Mystics cannot take advantage of heavy or light armor build, they cannot take advantage of APS gear... need I go on? Not to mention your veno will cost you less in the long run with the mystic drinking mana like a crack addict.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Purge and amp - mostly good for getting us into Nirvana, but otherwise not so prized by squads especially when most venos are too lazy to amp.

Def to 0 isn't so great when you can do something comparable or better with Barb, BM, or Cleric pdef debuff + Tangling Mire for 100% reliable results w/o canceling out a longer lasting pdef debuff. Heavy and LA is no advantage. If you want aps: go sin, bm, or barb. Veno's costs are negligible to a squad unless it makes for lazier mystics than venos.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Purge and amp - mostly good for getting us into Nirvana, but otherwise not so prized by squads especially when most venos are too lazy to amp.

Def to 0 isn't so great when you can do something comparable or better with Barb, BM, or Cleric pdef debuff + Tangling Mire for 100% reliable results w/o canceling out a longer lasting pdef debuff. Heavy and LA is no advantage. If you want aps: go sin, bm, or barb. Veno's costs are negligible to a squad unless it makes for lazier mystics than venos.

it will as a general rule make for lazier mystics when mana cost is higher. APS is advantage over mystic as it stands maybe said player does not desire to play a bm or assassin.

you must be demon as the sage debuff is 40%, use myriad for 100% and never get demon ironwood as it only has a chance to work... that and myriad does the same thing anyway.
This discussion has been closed.