Few quick questions, Gender Change, Mounts..

maazali
maazali Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Okay I am new to the game, so please don't bash at me for asking stupid questions X.X

First thing, are there job advancements for each class ? Like for Wizards... at X level you get a job advancement to something like Warlord ? If so, I couldn't find which levels you have to be to get a job advancement, please tell. :D

Second, Are you able to change your character's Gender? If so how?

Third, are any mounts free? If so, do they have a time limit? If they aren't, are cash shop items permanent?

One more thing .... Which class would you say is the best overall ? Venomancers, Wizards, or Clerics .... I like a lot of DPS, don't care about if the character is squishy (easy to kill) .... But i'd be a bonus if the character is strong and has quite some defense, or some way to be able to not die fast.
Post edited by maazali on

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No, no, and no.

The third has an exception. You can win mounts from various contests in the forums, and you can complete the events and get "badges" to trade in for a mount. There is no time limit on mounts. Aerogear, on the other hand, you get a free one at level 30 after completing a quest, and in the level 15 supply stash, you get a free 3 day one that is timed.

Research the classes and choose whichever you feel suits you.
    From what you said, I would suggest a multi-path blademaster. Axe/Fist is the most common multi-path. You need axes if you are going to be a BM, nuff said. I don't care what anyone else tells you. You get the best squad-helping skill with axes and the majority of your stuns come with axes. Fists will allow you to have higher APS if you stack it with -interval. They wear heavy armor so their physical defense is high. They have a physical AoE buff, plus two self defense buffs- one for magic defense and one for physical defense. They also have a healing spell which is very nice, and two movement increase buffs; one has an anti-stun buff added on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1Q) Job advancements?
    A: Dont know you are talking about sorry >.<

2Q) Are you able to change your character's Gender?
    A: No

3Q) Are any mounts free?
    A: No. Unless you win various contests or events. You could buy them in game auction house using game coins as well.

4Q) Best class?
    A: none. Well it depends on what kind of game style you want to play.

4Q) I like a lot of DPS, don't care about if the character is squishy
    A: An Assassin or Fist/Claw Bladmaster has the highest DPS in game. But Assassins are better for PvP now days while Fist/claw Bladmasters have higher survivability.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There are no job advancements. The closest thing would, I guess, be spiritual cultivation. Every 9th level you get a quest to unlock new skills, but there's just one path until level 89. Then you can choose to be sage or demon. You can see here how sage/demon skills vary, though it looks like there aren't any updated for sins/psys, and Earthguards don't have them yet.

You're not able to change your gender. You'd just have to make a new character.

Mounts aren't free. There have been two mounts given away in game (outside of contests), and that was for each 1 year anniversary. The ones in the cash shop are permanent.

Overall... it's hard to say, as preferences vary. I'd say that if you want high damage and decent defenses, going the 4/5 aps route on a BM would be ideal, but that can be pricey. I'd say check out the class subforums and see what people have to say (in existing threads that is... don't ask in each forum xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited March 2011
    4Q) I like a lot of DPS, don't care about if the character is squishy
    A: An Assassin or Fist/Claw Bladmaster has the highest DPS in game. But Assassins are better for PvP now days.

They aren't "better". They have many advantages in PvP and are fairly overpowered, but when someone asks who is better in PvP, I would say any person who is perfect at their class. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a sin pop out of stealth on a BM, occult ice, and when the BM is still standing after being epic pr0, the sin will go back in stealth and try the same thing over again. That's not "better", that's... stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    They aren't "better". They have many advantages in PvP and are fairly overpowered, but when someone asks who is better in PvP, I would say any person who is perfect at their class. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a sin pop out of stealth on a BM, occult ice, and when the BM is still standing after being epic pr0, the sin will go back in stealth and try the same thing over again. That's not "better", that's... stupid.

Im sorry, I'm just saying from my own opinion. I know there is no best PvP class. Just saying that sins are really good at it in my view.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
    edited March 2011
    Im sorry, I'm just saying from my own opinion. I know there is no best PvP class. Just saying that sins are really good at it in my view.

I have yet to see a sin "really good at PvP". All i see is a bunch of stealthed nubs who use Spark + Occult Ice a hella lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I have yet to see a sin "really good at PvP". All i see is a bunch of stealthed nubs who use Spark + Occult Ice a hella lot.

That is what I mean, if noobs can get away with just that think of how scary it would be if someone does know how to play it. But then again, that would count for all classes really.
    edited March 2011
    That is what I mean, if noobs can get away with just that think of how scary it would be is someone does know how to play it. But then again, that would count for all classes really.

Sins are like pitbulls.
    People think they are horrible and will attack at any given second, when it really depends on how they were raised.
    Any "dog" or "class" in this case has the ability to bite you, it just depends on how you train them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Roll a sin or else in 2 weeks u will come back here crying they are too OP.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear
    Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've seen maybe 3 sins who are really amazing at pvp. And a lot of sins who try to copy said sins and fail horribly from the look of it. But then, those great pvp Sins I've know /seen actually Practice the perfect Combo exc and saving moves if something goes wrong. and they dont just stealth back out either.

I think its fair to say sins have Amazing PvP -potential- if you know how to tap into it. But that style isnt for everyone