Wizards Need a Boost to Make them a Viable Choice

Options
rgog
rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Wizard
With the release of Genesis and Mystics I just can't imagine ever taking my Wizzy out to hunt again. At level 39 she is just so under-powered it is pathetic. In my opinion PWI needs to give this class a boost of some sort to make them more interesting/powerful during the levels 20-90. My main is now a Veno and they are way more fun that my wizard, an add no longer means running or dying, even two adds can be dealt with most times. I can kill stuff a few levels higher without having to meditate for 5 minutes after each kill and can seperate mobs instead of waiting for them to walk apart.

Mystic class is basically Veno with buffs, heals and rezz which is silly overpowered when compared to the wizard class.

Will they ever give wizards some love to make them more playable?
Post edited by rgog on

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »
    With the release of Genesis and Mystics I just can't imagine ever taking my Wizzy out to hunt again. At level 39 she is just so under-powered it is pathetic. In my opinion PWI needs to give this class a boost of some sort to make them more interesting/powerful during the levels 20-90. My main is now a Veno and they are way more fun that my wizard, an add no longer means running or dying, even two adds can be dealt with most times. I can kill stuff a few levels higher without having to meditate for 5 minutes after each kill and can seperate mobs instead of waiting for them to walk apart.

Mystic class is basically Veno with buffs, heals and rezz which is silly overpowered when compared to the wizard class.

Will they ever give wizards some love to make them more playable?

Getting to endgame and going to TW. Much more fun than being a purge slave.
  • rgog
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Getting to endgame and going to TW. Much more fun than being a purge slave.

But I was hoping to enjoy the journey as well. Being a wizard was not much fun.....
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Enjoy the Journey?

Every Class is a lot more boring now than it used to be. You get to 40, 50 Max when you stop Questing and level on BH and CS. 80, you go FF.

If, however, you levelled by Grinding, Questing and Zhenning (Like we used to), I can assure you, Wizard will be infinitely more fun than basically any other Class.

I agree in certain aspects, Wizards may require a little fine-tuning PvE Wise (Current PvE Environment I mean here,) to give them a liiitle extra freedom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would like to see wizards get an actual party buff, other than that they are fairly powerful already. Of course with so many fast channeling casters in the game now a reduction in channel time would put the wizards back at the top of the magic DD pile.

'Sigh' dare to dream ne?
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well i play on a PVE server so i play my wiz a lot in pve grinding and also in pve instances
    and i really like the way the wizard works. The only problem with the class is that its dmg compared to the other casters isnt as high as it should be. Because when you choose wiz you leave out the nice party friendly features of a cleric or the pet support of a veno and trade that for higher dmg. But due to +att lvl modifications on caster skills from psychic and APS for physical class the wizard cant take its place as a major DD class.

Even worse the horrible chi generation together with the high chi requirements for wiz skills makes it nearly impossible to aoe grind like a BM. I agree TW is where wiz shines but psychics can do 80% of the aoes a wiz can do ( their aoe range has been increased with the expansion) but faster + they got their class unique soulforce abilities. I also see a need in improving the Dmg Output of the wizard class but i doubt that this will happen since PWI likes to make people reroll to a newer (= better) class.

greetz harm0wnie
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Enjoy the Journey?

Every Class is a lot more boring now than it used to be. You get to 40, 50 Max when you stop Questing and level on BH and CS. 80, you go FF.

If, however, you levelled by Grinding, Questing and Zhenning (Like we used to), I can assure you, Wizard will be infinitely more fun than basically any other Class.

I agree in certain aspects, Wizards may require a little fine-tuning PvE Wise (Current PvE Environment I mean here,) to give them a liiitle extra freedom.

i dont really see how grinding, questing (=grinding+visiting npc with a little story) is more fun than BH. CS's exp is lamish.

about zhenning, FC involves some sort of it. also, it's a viable option for leveling, i used it to level my seeker.

which bring us to what i wanted to say, which is that wizzies' fear should be seekers and their aoe that looks and feels like twice as powerful as DB. on a HA class. that gets bloodpaint. basically, a zhenning god (that needs toooons of mana).

btw you can keep leveling with these ways, besides zhenning (and RB) they are mostly solo activities anyway.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • rgog
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I found soloing with my wizzie to be very slow and boring/expensive lots of pots and meditating. With my Veno I can go non-stop indefinitely and don't have to worry about an add or two. With wizzie I struggled with monsters a lever or two higher, with veno I kill 5 or more levels higher fairly easily.

I know it is not really fair to compare the two but I really liked my wizard, I just wish they had some powers in lower to mid levels that made them stronger.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    make me play veno and i drop dead out of boredom
    such a no-brainer

when veno used to be IT, the money making machine i rolled one
    but stopped at lvl40 - send all coin to my wizzie and lvled it to 100 in the following months over months....

mystic is different, like a cleric combined with veno
    you have to keep your squad, yourself and your pet alive, thats much more fun :)
    i like potato
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    make me play veno and i drop dead out of boredom
    such a no-brainer

when veno used to be IT, the money making machine i rolled one
    but stopped at lvl40 - send all coin to my wizzie and lvled it to 100 in the following months over months....

mystic is different, like a cleric combined with veno
    you have to keep your squad, yourself and your pet alive, thats much more fun :)

I hated playing cleric. I hated playing veno. Why the #!@$ would I want to play a fusion of them lulz.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i Hated Playing Cleric. I Hated Playing Veno. Why The #!@$ Would I Want To Play A Fusion Of Them Lulz.

Qft...
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I stopped reading when OP said he was level 39
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Gargorx - Raging Tide
    Gargorx - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    now now now, OP you said that wizards are underpowerd at lower lvs and its hard for you? i do agree with the underpowerd a bit but... hard? only few archer type mobs, other than that. it takes about 3 spells to kill most of your quest mobs, sometimes 4 hardly never 5
    non-cs
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:surrender this is one of the saddest things ive ever heard. Wizards ARE the best dds in pwi hands down. That being said i no a wiz is also 1 of the hardest classes to play. We hit hard and die fast. just a little background. im a 100 pure magic demon wiz with rank 8 (rank 9 when i hit 101 lol) and my wiz was my first and only real char, ive tinkered with some alts but they bore me. If someone has the brains and the desire to play a wiz then we are unstoppable. 150k non crits pve 16k non crit pvp? how are people saying wizards are dead, the truth is there just isnt enough ppl skilled enough to play a real DD.

Spark+auto attack= fail.b:angry
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
  • Gargorx - Raging Tide
    Gargorx - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Spark+auto attack= fail.b:angry

Ya its just plain boring style to fight. more fun top spam skills
    non-cs
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's why I like wizards. Not everyone can play them, and when used the right way, they can easily outmaneuver and out power most others. Besides, We'll always be needed for zhenning, along with archers. The thing is, we need to get our butts off of hypers/oracles and start having ACTUAL FUN again. Us wizards are machines of destruction, not just some DD/support class like those other magic users. And that's part of the problem why not many play as wizards. Others see us as just mere DDs in terms of using skills, and some of us can't keep our control, so good wizards are harder to find.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »
    My main is now a Veno and they are way more fun that my wizard

Obviously veno is more suited to your play style.
    Wizard is more suited to my play style.

Leave my class alone, k?

If we get an update, fine. But I'm not too interested in an update because 1) we do what we're supposed to do extremely well and 2) not many people (yourself included it seems) can handle playing the wizard class, which makes us a unique class.
  • AegisGray - Heavens Tear
    AegisGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    May I take time to say

-Loves- Partying with Wizards. Difficult class to play but they are to be feared. Always a pleasure to see one since their so few and far between. . .

And no they -do not- need a change to make them a "viable choice". They are, and always have been, a viable choice for people who are willing to learn how to use them.
    Finding Solutions to many of your problems starts by looking in the mirror and accepting a small measure of responsibility
  • Demoniada - Lost City
    Demoniada - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the only thing i would like changed about mages is the recharge time of some of our spells. other than this issue, a mage with 40% chan speed reduction, 25% crit strike, dealing 25-30k normal sandstorm dmg on mobs is pretty much able to stand his ground in the game yet.

oh well, we could always say that r9 actually destroyed our alternative builds (casters lime mages & venos can only be arcane now), but we still do relatively well if we know what we are doing. aaand ... no, we don't get in any nirvana squads, buf f*** em. We still grind faster than they ever will.
    b:victory
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wizards are an endgame class that hit for massive numbers with a single hit. they dont need any improvement lol. if you want channel times to take less time, stack channel- gears. if you want to have fun with your wiz get it leveled up. wiz and archer are both powerful at high levels, but takes patience to get there. yes it is going to suck getting to the high levels, but from what i've heard about 90+ or 100+ wiz, you'll love it when you get there.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The truth is there just isnt enough ppl skilled enough to play a real DD.
    b:laugh Skill of getting rank these days you mean.
This discussion has been closed.