Your facepalm moments...

Mekkhala - Lost City
Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Cleric
So, I'm curious to know what embarrassing moments other clerics have....here's my most recent facepalm moment:

Yesterday I formed a nirvana squad and agreed to be the banker. At the first boss I noticed my mouse was behaving a bit oddly- it was lagging when I tried to move it. I have a laser mouse that can act as both wireless and be plugged into a USB port so I didn't think to much about it since I thought it was plugged in. Well, at the 2rd boss, the mouse completely died on me... And then the cursor went poof....and none of my main heals except for Chromatic are on the hotkey list...and I couldn't get the invisible cursor down to the chat window to tell the squad what was going on....so I had to watch while they were all talking about how I was afk and had the chests and ****. With no heals some of them died...and they're wanting rezz's...and I still can't move the ****** cursor to hit rezz. So I get to sit there watching more talk about wtf I'm doing. I finally managed to hit the chat window and tried to tell them what was going on. I don't think they understood that I literally was stuck, because the ones that weren't dead immediately went to the next boss and died.

I finally decide to just reboot and check the USB cable (so now Im leaving the squad with chests in inv...I can imagine what convos went on there -_-). GG Mekka the mouse was unplugged so my batteries had run out. I fix it, get back in, and even though the mouse was still shaky, it worked well enough for me to limp through the nirvana.

I was so mortified! I totally looked like a fail afking cleric and there was nothing I could do ab it! b:cry

Anybody else got stories?
Post edited by Mekkhala - Lost City on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Moral of the story is to always have all major skills on the hotkey bars and cycle through them when input devices fail b:sweat
    Every day of my life is a "facepalm moment," so I feel my just being in this topic contributes to the thread. b:cool
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The only thing I can remember is totally falling asleep on my squad during an FC run.

I know.

But you know those FC runs can take hours and it was creeping into the morning. In my defense, we were taking a short afk break anyway. Woke up at my computer alone and still in the FC.

I've seen plenty of these moments from other clerics. One of my favorites was a bh59 cleric who ran in circles whenever she panicked. I told her to stop running and heal because the monsters really didn't care about her. She replied "I will run if I fear my life is in danger". She was dead serious. LOL.

My facepalm moment TO a cleric: I ran into a horrible cleric again who ditched my squad a while back. So I went to guild chat and said "Wow, I hate this cleric and now she seems to be following me around. Clicked enter. Message sent. I was still in squad chat. The cleric read what I wrote. My face grew hot with embarrassment.

-Shahiro has left the squad-
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The only thing I can remember is totally falling asleep on my squad during an FC run.

This happens to me so often it's not even embarrassing anymore. It's not just FF runs either. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Mightily - Dreamweaver
    Mightily - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So, I'm curious to know what embarrassing moments other clerics have....here's my most recent facepalm moment:

Yesterday I formed a nirvana squad and agreed to be the banker. At the first boss I noticed my mouse was behaving a bit oddly- it was lagging when I tried to move it. I have a laser mouse that can act as both wireless and be plugged into a USB port so I didn't think to much about it since I thought it was plugged in. Well, at the 2rd boss, the mouse completely died on me... And then the cursor went poof....and none of my main heals except for Chromatic are on the hotkey list...and I couldn't get the invisible cursor down to the chat window to tell the squad what was going on....so I had to watch while they were all talking about how I was afk and had the chests and ****. With no heals some of them died...and they're wanting rezz's...and I still can't move the ****** cursor to hit rezz. So I get to sit there watching more talk about wtf I'm doing. I finally managed to hit the chat window and tried to tell them what was going on. I don't think they understood that I literally was stuck, because the ones that weren't dead immediately went to the next boss and died.

I finally decide to just reboot and check the USB cable (so now Im leaving the squad with chests in inv...I can imagine what convos went on there -_-). GG Mekka the mouse was unplugged so my batteries had run out. I fix it, get back in, and even though the mouse was still shaky, it worked well enough for me to limp through the nirvana.

I was so mortified! I totally looked like a fail afking cleric and there was nothing I could do ab it! b:cry

Anybody else got stories?

I read that part as "I remembered that I can use the ENTER key to ENTER the chat." Obviously it wasn't a problem of being in the wrong channel as you could see them talking about you (and even if you were you could still send messages to whatever channel you wanted). I'm sorry, but this seemed to be more of your fault then you tried to make it out to be.

As for the topic, I've stoned into an instance a couple of times before remembering I only had around 10 pots on me. Sucks having to leave, especially when there's no apothecary at the exit point.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've had problems where I thought I clicked the tank's name in squad chat, but didn't click hard enough or something, and start spamming IH on my self. Then my squad wonders why I'm healing myself when I'm not being hit. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've had problems where I thought I clicked the tank's name in squad chat, but didn't click hard enough or something, and start spamming IH on my self. Then my squad wonders why I'm healing myself when I'm not being hit. XD

since when did clicking someone's name in a chat window target them? b:bye

XD unless you meant the squad interface, which does work.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • MiyukiMomo - Raging Tide
    MiyukiMomo - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have one that feels like pure stupidity xD

When I made my first character, MiyukiMomo, I had gotten all the way to level 15 almost 16 with out learning a single skill. I was doing a quest and someone of a lower level kept casting all sorts of spells and I was so confused as to how they were casting them. I remember going to my skill tree and looking for anyway to learn a skill. Then, unsuccessful to figure out how to learn skills i kept dying doing the quest. every quest I tried, i would die. I tried looking up were to learn skills, by then I figured I needed to speak to a NPC to learn the skills but i could never figure out where they were at.
    Finally I got mad and decided to make a male character, just for something to do. getting him to level 5 i ran around plume being bored and decided to talk to every NPC around when I ran into cleric skill learner.
    I felt so stupid, but I was glad that I didnt ask anyone about learning skills because then I would've felt more stupid.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    since when did clicking someone's name in a chat window target them? b:bye

XD unless you meant the squad interface, which does work.

Oops! accidentally said squad chat, lol. Definitely meant the squad interface. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    died in FB19 :D past 90s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oops! accidentally said squad chat, lol. Definitely meant the squad interface. XD

did you just facepalm? b:chuckleb:laugh
    died in FB19 :D past 90s

...that IS embarassing b:shocked
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've seen plenty of these moments from other clerics. One of my favorites was a bh59 cleric who ran in circles whenever she panicked. I told her to stop running and heal because the monsters really didn't care about her. She replied "I will run if I fear my life is in danger". She was dead serious. LOL.

Big LOL to this
    Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
    **** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got... Several. Uhhh, going afk in Fushma's path. Later doing exactly the same at Rankar. To my defense it was during my fb, so, first time I was in that dungeon.

Breaking my wep in the middle of 60/60/60. Hey, no one died even if I did.

AFKing whist running in BH59 and falling into that darn pit.

Constantly hitting 3 instead of 2, thus spamming the tank with vanguard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Omg. This Cleric sounds very familiar to a BH39 Cleric who went through BH doing things in this order: Heal self -> Attack mobs -> Heal others. She didn't even buff or res anybody. Whenever somebody died, she reprimanded me, "You need to stack IH on the tank BEFORE he starts attacking." When I told her that people wouldn't die if she was healing them instead of spamming Wellspring on herself, she said something to the effect of, "If I'm about to die, I'm going to heal myself first then everyone else." Unfortunately, the rest of the squad's response was to invite a 9x Cleric from one of their factions and let her do what she wanted. But if I had my way I would have kicked her ASAP.

As for myself...Since getting a laptop with a number pad, I've had a few facepalm moments in BH when I'm mashing buttons and spamming chat with, "OMG MY BUTTONS DON'T WORK! I CAN'T CAST SPELLS! WHAT DO I DO! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING! I'M SO SORRY GUYS MY BUTTONS DON'T WORK! WHY DON'T THEY WORK!" The first couple of times I admitted I accidentally hit the num lk key. Lately, I just lie and say it was lag or some other problem. lol
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Rambling on in faction chat for god knows how long feeling like everybody is ignoring me only to find that I had actually fallen asleep for a long time and everybody had gone to bed XD
    PWI b:bye
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011

This happens to me all the time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just took part in TW for the first time, and I didn't know chi disappeared when you moved into the instance. So I'm sitting there next to the officer, spamming Wellspring on myself to build up chi, with 30+ guildies standing there watching me do it.

Finally, one of my squadmates goes, "Chi disappears when you enter TW."

My response: "Aw, ****." b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Saving_Grace - Raging Tide
    Saving_Grace - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    He he he... some nice experiences you've all had and wrote 'em. But it seems you guys have no idea how to properly fail. b:laugh
    Those fail popes like this one: "If I'm about to die, I'm going to heal myself first then everyone else." are not even facepalm moments. They are an instant "log out" for me, and I don't come back 'till I calm down. But real fails, those that get you to 5 blacklists in a matter of seconds...

I cast double-spark burst (instead of BB) as soon as I saw invoke at last pull in Oceania's FC room. With both Remedies and Genie on cooldown, Veno saves the day with Ladning hand and BB comes up only few seconds too late. b:chuckle

Dreandira dies, sin took down shade, we all follow barb as he does double-pull. We stop to wait at the entrance of Slash's room. Barb is coming back with whole army of Assassins on his 6, and it's time for me to cast WoP on him.. b:laugh For some damn reason I cast IH. (I went with Plume shell and spammed Crabs, Yuxi and Holly path, and actually done the rest of the pull :D But I gotta say, both barb and BM done a pro job so I never got hit.)

TT 2-3.
    Barb: All ready?
    Me: Born ready b:cool
    *Veno starts pulling Wurlord*
    Me: W8 W8 W8 W8 W8 - No Chi!!!!

TT3-1. Dark Colluseast is a pain in the neck for single clery in squad. BB gets knocked out. Hit Djin. Get us full chi, and immediately open BB without runnin out of Djin's range. Everything seems to go smoothly till giant beast dropped dead. I kill BB, and drop dead from Djin's fireballs. b:surrender

damn... g2g now... I'll add more later :P
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sometimes in FCC, I'm so used to the fast barbs who go after the next pulls without even waiting for me to catch up. So naturally, I sometimes walk straight into the mobs one right after the other till about the third one down I notice there's a **** load of mobs running after me. b:shocked This is the result of a more patient barb who isn't pulling as quickly.

I've done FCC too many times that I tend to zone out here and there. lol
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i run in fb39 me and a friend. -me: chilly stop messing up my pulls! -chillum: okay do your pull. -me: runs through chickens and exploding mobs, holy path runs out, im frozen shut. chilly! aoe damnit aoe!!! -chillum: aoes. -me: splat and dead. was so funny i think the tabber thought i was a complete noob, chilly laughed at me so bad... was fun :p
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I hit the no.4 key, which is my plume shell instead of IHing myself 3 key) while tanking zimo.

I was freaking out because my heals weren't working and hit 3(IH) like a million times, and 2 (wellpsring) a couple of times and it didn't work. Tank dies, I go to chat to squad to explain my keys weren't working and I see in the chat box 3333333333332222222333333333222222. FAIL

Tried to keep BB going and hit ~ to cycle through my shortcut bars because I keep an instance bar and a regular bar that has mana food and stuff on it. Accidentaly hit ESC and drop BB, squad wipes.

Leaving BH59, forget about a group of archers we ran around. Start looking at the stats on 3 star I picked up instead of paying attention. Run straight into them, and die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I read that part as "I remembered that I can use the ENTER key to ENTER the chat." Obviously it wasn't a problem of being in the wrong channel as you could see them talking about you (and even if you were you could still send messages to whatever channel you wanted). I'm sorry, but this seemed to be more of your fault then you tried to make it out to be.

As for the topic, I've stoned into an instance a couple of times before remembering I only had around 10 pots on me. Sucks having to leave, especially when there's no apothecary at the exit point.

good job Captian Obvious. You get a gold star for telling me it was my fault, even after I said it was in the post. b:bye
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    On my cleric, I took off my weap to get chi from the Old Swordsman in bh39. All throughout the first bit I kept wondering why my heals weren't as strong, but shrugged it off. *goes to inventory while waiting for an AFK member* *sees weapon*

Me: Ohhhh... b:surrender

Good thing I realised before we got to a boss b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i always follow the puller to the first boss in 3-x, or 3-2 snake room, even if i know he will pull it outside. thinking at something else while doing the boring cleric job can get u some pretty embarrassing moments b:shutup

duoing 3-2 minister, pulling it outside i have to heal from max range the tanker to dont get stuned, max range on that hall its exactly be4 a clap, (dont know how every1 else do it but thats my way) well everything goes ok untill i, being bored of just stacking ih, i accidentally pressed 2 (purify) instead of 1(ih) wich having a shorter range dragged me a few steps forward and got claped by the hand in front of me. was RL embarrassing, the tanker died, and i had to res and come back since i was the only clericb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    On my cleric, I took off my weap to get chi from the Old Swordsman in bh39. All throughout the first bit I kept wondering why my heals weren't as strong, but shrugged it off. *goes to inventory while waiting for an AFK member* *sees weapon*

Me: Ohhhh... b:surrender

Good thing I realised before we got to a boss b:chuckle

LOL when I was 7x I once put up BB at Ofotis, went afk for a sec, came back and squad was dead....because I'd forgotten also to equip my wep b:shocked
  • Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I hate when i press the wrong buttons and do the wrong skills at dangerous moments. this happened a few times b4 and resulted in deaths.

One time, i remember in bh79 when my squad was at styg. The veno pulled but didn't move far enough so she got hit and barb took some time to react.i reacted fast to heal her with wellspring and then was going to plume shell/use mp food to stay alive until barb took aggro but...i pressed the skill beside plume shell which was great cyclone so i quickly got pawned. The Barb had to hold aggro and stay alive using pots while he and squad waited for me to walk all the way back cuz i didn't have rez scrolls at the time._.

Another time, i remember while aoe grinding on Lethal Aranied Sharpfangs.I gathered mobs but instead of purifying at a crucial moment, i pressed chromatic healing beam by mistake since it was the skill under purify.

So then i changed the order of my skills to prevent situations like these.
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:shocked I'm so glad to find out I'm not the only one who doesn't click tank's name hard enough and IHs themselves.

I always hope my squad doesn't notice. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaraiRauni - Heavens Tear
    SaraiRauni - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    oh, I think everything about my cleric is wrong and embarrassing.
    first, I had no idea how to learn skills, and I was all - oh, you probably get that when you're a very high level.
    I was wondering why people were laughing at me for running around with swords and axes, and never using any magic b:surrender

so yeah, completely wrong build, for which I have to pay for now.

last night, doing fb51, healing myself instead of the tank. thank god, had another cleric in the squad, so she saved the day.
    plus, I forgot to collect all talons for the talon quest, so I'll have to find someone to help me collect them. I think I need just one x___X

trying to cast some spells, and instead, spamming chat window with random numbers.

once, I died during the fb, had no cleric in squad, released my char, came back, got lost in the instance and died again because I ran into some mobs. SO embarrassing.

Sometimes I wonder why do I even play pwi, since I'm so incapable of doing anything right. b:surrender
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmm i remember when i got the harpy wraith quest, the first thing i did was asking my fl to help me killing that boss. I had NO ****ING IDEA, hes that strong. Ofc it was a full whipe within seconds and the worst it wasn't any random people but my very precious friendlist entrys. b:cry

Btw i still have that quest in my logs :)
    I hate Room 38
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    facepalm worthy moment.....

dieing to a lvl 1 physical mob when my cleric was lvl 55 b:sweat

The the most recent was on a 41 cleric alt I have and I decided to use it to help some people in a bh29 cause i was being lazy and didn't feel like killing it on my BM...So i switch to cleric, and my rule is "three deaths and I drop". First death was by mobs. Second death, mobs. third death...mobs.
    I said "Ok...**** this. brb" dropped squad, switched to my BM and then solo'd the whole place for that squad and after which i killed the damn barb for being such a dumbass that he couldn't even hold aggro from a wimpy *** cleric who was just switching between IH'ing him and using wellspring surge on the other members of the party to keep them alive also......
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Got a new mouse for my laptop, when I'm used to the touchpad. It's super-responsive compared to the touchpad... and that means I overshot a lot while flipping through the squad list during today's BH.

When I saw the barb take aggro, I accidentally clicked the archer's name above him on the squad list. Multiple times. And when a Sin took aggro at Pyro, I clicked the name of the archer above her. The archers must have thought me a complete moron.

This happened all the way through Nob and Pole. The Archer at the top of the list accidentally got Nob's aggro, and I went to click on his name for a boost while the barb re-establishes aggro. I ended up accidentally clicking on the floor on the opposite side of the room, running toward Nob. Next thing I know, I'm dead, a Sin is dead, and everyone's running around like chickens while Nob stands on top of me until he resets.

...whoops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09