I Cant Open Pw :(

Options
Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
well the technical support forum ppl are being dooshy soo ima bring it here
today my merch acc got booted right off of pw the client closed, i tried opening it back up but launcher.exe and patcher.exe were deleted randomly... i re downloaded like 3 times still the same problem they just get deleted by themselves and when i try to launch the game it comes up for a second then just closes any help..?b:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
when life gives you lemons
put them in a sack and beat your wife
with them b:victory
Post edited by Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bout time PWI found a way to nerf sins b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good! I'm glad you can't get back on, you need to stop stealing people's lunch money you jerk! >:(
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Did no one notice he said merch account >> not his main?
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good, time to uninstall for life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options

wasnt playing my mainb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Even better, it has all of his money MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ya'll are just being mean now. Ninja, try formatting your HDD partition that contains Windows, then reinstall everything. If this won't solve it, I don't know what will. I'm quite sure it's a virus-related issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Moved the Tech Support Zone.
  • Moonista - Sanctuary
    Moonista - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Try checking your virus scanner to see if it has quarantined the exe files. If you have the setting on your v-scanner to automatically take care of problems then you wouldn't of noticed it. I had this very thing happen to me today. Catshop was on then my virus scanner went nuts saying it had a trojan.

Read here for more detailed info on what happen and also other people having the same problem.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1024471
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ook yea theres a trojan in the files that keep getting deleted aparently
    trojan.win32.generic.pak!cobra
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i put the virus on my always allow list and unquarentined the files but PW still wont open...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FartsALot - Harshlands
    FartsALot - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I reported the Trojan to customer-no-service, here is a copy and paste of my report and their reply. I did research on Trojan.Win32.Generic.pak!cobra and it has been in the top 10 nasty viruses for over a year, yet PWI is trying to say that is not a threat, to turn off the antivirus, or to allow it. This same virus crashed my fiance's old computer, and my brother's computer, but PWI said it is nothing to worry about. b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry I guess they do not want people playing the game or they would look into Trojan.Win32.Generic.pak!cobra themselves, and clear it up. I run Vipre by SunbeltSecurities, and it has never failed me, the customer service there is researching the Trojan.Win32.Generic.pak!cobra virus, they are even having their department install the game and look into the virus. Till then I am not going to be playing PWI.

TROJAN found in your program
    Details: I ran a my anti-virus and it found 2 trojan viruses in the patcher and element client files for PWI, I have not had such issues until this massive update, my fiance Demon_Hnter also had the same trojans attached to the same files.

Risk name: Trojan.Win32.Generic.pak!cobra
    Source: Scanner
    Risk level: High
    Risk category: Trojan

Description: Trojan is a general term for malicious software that is installed under false or deceptive pretenses or is installed without the user's full knowledge and consent. Most Trojans exhibit some form of malicious, hostile, or harmful functionality or behavior.

Advice: This is a high risk and should be removed immediately as it may compromise your privacy and security, make dangerous changes to your computer's settings without your knowledge and consent, or severely degrade your computer's performance and stability.

Found in my desktop PWI link
    progam files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe

progam files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher\Launcher.exe

progam files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\patcher.exe

my fiance and I are careful about where we go online and PWI files on both of our computers were the only ones affected.
    Where did you experience this issue? (If available in game, please note the coordinate numbers.):
    Which character(s), NPC(s), item(s), skill(s), or quest(s) were involved?:
    What exactly happened? Please be as detailed as possible.:
    What do you believe should have happened?:
    Attachment:

Solution
    Solved:
    (3/10/2011 6:49 PM PDT) It could be flagging the game as a false positive.
    Add exceptions for the game's file(s) into your antivirus software. You can do this by including the game folder in the exception list.

Example: Include the folder for C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International into the exception list for your antivirus software. Then restart your PC and try again.

You can also try temporarily disabling your antivirus software long enough to get the game installed and playing, then re-enabling your antivirus software.

Here are some links to some antivirus manufacturers' websites, to help you use their software if needed.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is your second warning to not share private communications between PWE employees and you with the public. Paraphrasing is fine, copy and pasting is not. As stated before, this is a violation of the Terms of Service.

Please see my reply to you on your other post here in the forums. I await your feedback! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Moonista - Sanctuary
    Moonista - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i put the virus on my always allow list and unquarentined the files but PW still wont open...?

You will need to re-install PWI now to get those exe files back so you can launch the game.