New Disconnection Issue

Options
pwiqq
pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I have noticed that ever since pwi genesis was launched, disconnection occurs a lot more often in the character loading screen.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by pwiqq on

Comments

• Din_Toran - Sanctuary
    Din_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Must just be you, I'm not having any issues, neither are any of the other 7 systems I manage.

Check your firewall and antivirus software. Check running background processes. Check your route to PWI. I'm 100% certain that it has nothing to do with the servers.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Um I never dc from the game itself... but when i log out to SWITCH toons (which i do quite often so i see this quite often too >.<)...... before i actually leave the game but after i hit "yes" to log, the game dc's. This is what he's talking about Din, not while IN the game itself. So no it's not jsut him, happenes to me, my friend, and we have pc's good enough that we dont' even lag in-game. Happenes to alot of people actually. You try to log out to the character select and instead of jsut switching, you get completely dc'ed.

Also, i have seen THIS alot more since the expansion.... get to the character select screen and ... no toons there. Gotta re-log again

This isnt' firewalls (or it'd block the game all the time), or antivirus running (that would just slow the game down, or maybe make you lose full screen [but THAT isnt' a problem in this game], or anything else on our ends. It's just crappy design (coding) somewhere....
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Personally, I have only disconnected once from the game since the expansion, but it was due to my ISP's maintenance. I highly recommend sending the technical team a ticket and explain the issue as well as include a DXDiag log. You can send a ticket here: http://support.perfectworld.com/
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    pwiqq said in the loading screen, not the game itself. Having to relog cause your toons dont' show up or the game dc's you instead of logging out is just NOT on our end. In fact I'd bet 500 bucks it's crappy server equipment. The other game i play has ALOT, and I mean ALOT more people in it's main hangout city then we have in West Arch..... but i NEVER get server side lag (the amount of info being sent at once is just too much for the server) in that game. Yet it's pay to play (yet.... PW prolly makes like 10X more money per month so there's no excuse).
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I constantly crash since the expansion. Two or more times a day. In Arch, I have to switch on the Best Performance button in hopes that I will not crash, something that for my 2 years of playing this game I never had to do.