this is a free game, yet...

Options

Comments

• MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver
    MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the best post i have ever seen on here...
    download to claim you play,
    play a god forsaken amount to win,
    pay to cheat legally.
  • Sierron - Dreamweaver
    Sierron - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • netoperusnovo
    netoperusnovo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Would you take something for free, if it is damaged everywhere?
    Well, it's not damaged everywhere. It's funny but that's how open source works: someone creates something, and another person improves/fixes it.
  • Sierron - Dreamweaver
    Sierron - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, it's not damaged everywhere. It's funny but that's how open source works: someone creates something, and another person improves/fixes it.

Open Source? You mean PWI? PWI is closed source. Or did you ever see a bug tracker or a source download? (o_O)
  • netoperusnovo
    netoperusnovo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Course, I'm just giving an example how open source is better than proprietary ;)
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As some would say, this game is "free to play, pay to win".
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sierron wrote:
    Open Source? You mean PWI? PWI is closed source. Or did you ever see a bug tracker or a source download? (o_O)
    It was a metaphore..............
    Tygurr wrote:
    As some would say, this game is "free to play, pay to win".
    True, and it's normal. OR, if the people that QQ about cash shopping are sooo clever, I think they should buy the licence, develop the game, get a server to run the game, pay GMs, patch the bugs, create a few events, pay people to answer tickets, etc... and of course, everything for free (no cash shop either) ! Because otherwise it's too easy.
    If anyone does that, I will be happy to drop PWI to join you (as a user of course).
    Until then, if you are not able to do all that for free, stop blaming PWE for trying to make money out of their investment.
    Will you stop vaccinating ? You won't, won't you ? Why ?! Isn't it immoral to make people pay for their health ?!
    Think about it.....
    We live in a capitalist world. Is it good or bad, I don't know nor care. The fact is that we do, so accept the rules and play by it or go live in North Korea and stop envying people that found a way to make money.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44