Bosses buffed?

Rainmasta - Lost City
Rainmasta - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Hey, i just got through with a bh69 run. It was.....less than ideal. Last week, i was able to tank polearm for about a minute incase the tank died, so the cleric would have time to res. Today, i got oneshot by his aoe if i didn't have barb buffs. Anyone else experiencing this? Either with the same boss or others?
Post edited by Rainmasta - Lost City on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When pole takes out all your physical defense and magical defense, it would one shot any LA really. It would've been smarter of you if you put on mind, tidal and nerves. I really don't see a boss one shotting you with nerves on.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Rainmasta - Lost City
    Rainmasta - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sadly, nerves was on cooldown, and mind and tidal can't be used simultaneously. thats not what worries me, the issue is i wasn't debuffed, and it wasn't a direct hit. his AOE hit me for more than my max hp which has never happened before. Maybe it was just a crit or some such thing, but people were dying left and right in my squad today xD (maybe we just all fail :P)
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i actually noticed the same thin on my lvl 71 cleric

im noramlly able to solo heal pole an nob. but after the expansion thier AOE seems to be doing a lot more damage. I ended up playing ping pong res with the other cleric...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Kama - Dreamweaver
    Kama - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you're up close to him, the AOE hits much harder. Running up close to amp damage him was something I had to time carefully to avoid getting 1 hit myself. I suspect up close the damage is actually physical instead of magic damage but haven't taken the time to really verify that.

It has been this way for at least 2 years that I know of, though I haven't been there in a while.

Cheers