Not like it used to be

Options
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Sigh. I remember the joy I used to get waking up, logging in, seeing my in-game friends, and going on an fb run. How we used to form groups and then WC "Helping with your fb19-59! Pm me!" When grinding and fb runs were a great source of exp. All my old in-game friends are gone. Alot of them left as soon as it went downhill. Many of them left even before the packs. I tried to stay. I tried to find a measly small reason why I should. There just wasn't any. Now I hear 1 gold = 1 mil. WOW. just. WOW. You cannot even make friends like you used to. It's all competition. I haven't even seen the new classes yet. But I am betting they are pretty op just like the last ones heh. It just really sucks that this game used to be SO AWESOME. Like unbelievable. Now it is just a shell of its former self. This game is ruled by those with the credit cards. I came here to post this because I was just thinking about how fun it used to be. Unfortunately the damage has been done. Nothing can save this game or bring it back to how it used to be. It's useless to hope for such things as PWE only cares about money. Clearly. I would like to see some replies by people with a join date around my time heh. See what they have to say.
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I started on this wiz back in the day and then i didnt care about gold buying..i made my own coin..i still remember when i bought my first mount 800k panther it was epic lol.Other than that i play 3 other lvl 100 alts and still enjoy the game because im always busy making coin,running bh's,alts..etc.Yeah gold has been 1 mill at times..so..whats your point???..dont buy any,the times have changed and making 1mill to me isnt hard anymore..its kinda like making 100k back in the day when that was hard.Yeah people buy the gold at 700k-1mill because those are the people that actually know how to make coin and so can you so stop complaining about gold,credit cards and competition all you have to do is continue on how you want to play this game.

I know how to farm herb routes mat routes,grind mobs etc but still il leven take advantage of selling gold at times when its 1mill each..sheesh who wouldnt lol and if people are buying it,its all good.b:bye

Again times have changed..live..adapt..succeed..
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I remember when I started back in 2007 on a fresh new server. Everything was new to 99.9% of the players on that server. After plenty of grinding and FBing I finally hit 85. After that I did deltas up to 100 on my old BM. I had 3.33 aps sparked so seeing the PWI's aps craze didn't surprise at all. Gold was always 700k+ on that server, high aps was always somewhat common, cashshoppers ruled the TW and PK etc.

Things haven't changed much for me (other than me having bad equips lol...) so I can't really complain. I do understand your points though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The biggest issue I see is inexperience, often coupled with unwillingness to learn. People who frosted 3 characters to level 100 and have no idea how to do anything. Yet they think they are experienced just because they have a lot of lvl100 characters.

1) No idea how to open BH warsong, and no idea what to do if they select the "wrong" option in warsong.
    2) No idea how to do GV past wave 2 or 3, or think it's hard. No idea how to do GV before you hit 100 and have to do the BH.
    3) Clerics who have no idea how to purify in low level BHs like BH69, and just purify randomly or not at all

Endless other examples I can't pull off the top of my head, but I see it every day, and it's very frustrating. Also frustrating is the fact that they are unwilling to learn, or think they know it better than you.

Gold is 900k, but packs are also 18 gold for 50 packs, and dragon orb 10 star is 30 gold instead of 75 gold. Same thing. Gold fluctuates with the value of high-demand items in the boutique.

People also seem more rude nowadays, more selfish. But perhaps that's just me. I find myself less and less willing to do things in random squads.
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    DarkMix - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sigh. I remember the joy I used to get waking up, logging in, seeing my in-game friends, and going on an fb run. How we used to form groups and then WC "Helping with your fb19-59! Pm me!" When grinding and fb runs were a great source of exp. All my old in-game friends are gone. Alot of them left as soon as it went downhill. Many of them left even before the packs. I tried to stay. I tried to find a measly small reason why I should. There just wasn't any. Now I hear 1 gold = 1 mil. WOW. just. WOW. You cannot even make friends like you used to. It's all competition. I haven't even seen the new classes yet. But I am betting they are pretty op just like the last ones heh. It just really sucks that this game used to be SO AWESOME. Like unbelievable. Now it is just a shell of its former self. This game is ruled by those with the credit cards. I came here to post this because I was just thinking about how fun it used to be. Unfortunately the damage has been done. Nothing can save this game or bring it back to how it used to be. It's useless to hope for such things as PWE only cares about money. Clearly. I would like to see some replies by people with a join date around my time heh. See what they have to say.

*sniff* *sniff* I know how you feel man, and man, do I miss those days where leveling didn't matter and everyone made friends easily and west archo wasn't a pk death arena like it is today :(. I loved the game because it was like a 2nd world..... now.... its just about leveling and showing off to see who's top dog b:cry
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yah 100k gold, 6 people squad taking like 5 hours with fb59. It's funny because I can actually solo fb59 with bloodpaint.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I also remember when server was no more than 4 months old, fbs were a good source of exp. Me and my friends from BRASIL faction used to do fbs all day. back then there was just one guy in faction who could tank miryadtail/ fb 69... and that guy had like 10k rep and he was just like lvl 75 (that was kinda a feat that time)...

When the competition for fbs became too tough, we started offering runs with drops to tabber, which wasnt common in pwi, but it was standard in PW brazil, and we had wcs all day asking for people of our faction to contact them so that we would do their fbs. lol. i also got 10k rep at lvl 80. good old times of gold 100- 120k..

Edit: also, cape of tauren used to be 12- 14m at that time, and having one made u either a cash shoper or a super PRO player

Also, my join date is kinda messed up. i joined back in november 2008, but i think join date counts when u actually posts in forum
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can still remember ages ago before all this BH and FC lvling came about :/
    The only time i ever tried to level as fast as i could was back on harshlands, when it first opened up and i managed to hit level 85 within 4 weeks of stupidly hardcore grinding, now 85 is just pretty much *mid* level and where you start to power level to end game in FC lol

I'm kinda glad the BH is here, i'd be happy with just BH and no FC, even 1 BH a day would be enough perhaps, may be then there wouldn't be so many level 100's running about with 5aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The biggest issue I see is inexperience, often coupled with unwillingness to learn. People who frosted 3 characters to level 100 and have no idea how to do anything. Yet they think they are experienced just because they have a lot of lvl100 characters.

1) No idea how to open BH warsong, and no idea what to do if they select the "wrong" option in warsong.
    2) No idea how to do GV past wave 2 or 3, or think it's hard. No idea how to do GV before you hit 100 and have to do the BH.
    3) Clerics who have no idea how to purify in low level BHs like BH69, and just purify randomly or not at all

Endless other examples I can't pull off the top of my head, but I see it every day, and it's very frustrating. Also frustrating is the fact that they are unwilling to learn, or think they know it better than you.

Gold is 900k, but packs are also 18 gold for 50 packs, and dragon orb 10 star is 30 gold instead of 75 gold. Same thing. Gold fluctuates with the value of high-demand items in the boutique.

People also seem more rude nowadays, more selfish. But perhaps that's just me. I find myself less and less willing to do things in random squads.

D:
    I dunno how to open it. XD I'd feel like a noob asking since everyone else always has lead anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I remember back when I joined and Dw was fresh and new. The game was cool, unique and different. I hadn't seen the corruption in this game like I'd seen it in others, where its a annoying wall of text thats moving too fast to see or talk. I remember when I got Fissure, and just how awesome I thought it was. Building up skill based on my own talents finding out how the game worked outside of instances, and grinding my heart out. I helped field a faction with it. I remember tanking and getting lost in FB19 untamed because I'd never been in it, and no one else had either, and then dieing miserably because our cleric DC'd.

Remember when level 50 was an achievement? Hell Remember when people would say "Ding! 80!" and people would freak out and ask how you did it?

Remember when TT was practically reserved for venos and tough parties?

I remember the very day Genies came out, and how cool I thought razor wind was, then they completely turned it into a different skill and different name. I remember how excited I was when the Battlecat was finally released and how badly I'd wanted it, and how it'd become one of the cooliest mounts in the game. Or the Golden Mane lion lord, and how it was SOOOO rare but SOOOOO cool.

Heh... I remember seeing the Nein beast for the first time, and everyone saying it looked like a muppet.

I remember when you could pick up a pair of charms, and an aerogear for less than 2mil. My deavas was awesome.

But my fondest memory, was unleashing Heaven's flame for the very first time. The way people reacted to it when they saw it. How they asked, "what did he just do? what was that? OMG my damage just jumped up!"

This game isnt fresh and new anymore sadly, and Pwe is trying to bring in new engaging content that well, just isnt fitting the settled world of perfectworld. The lands are, too tame. The mobs are, too easy. There needs to be some expert end game content, some good grinding zones, some skill revamps, new impressive armor skins. New instances for end gamers. Not new trendy classes that, "are new, but not quite new."

I feel bad for the people who didnt get to experience this game in its glory days, when zhenning wasnt just a turn of phrase used in FCC, and when Frostcovered city was one of the toughest instances in game, not some vacation spot to power level your alt who you teather through it.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I remember when TWs were fought with 80 people on each team, with level 80's decked out in HH/TT gears the hardest to take down. When having +5 on your weapon or g6 citrines meant you were a cash shopper. When jones' blessing was a once-a-year thing.

Ahh the good ol days :(
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    DarkMix - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ahh the good ol days :(

b:cry *sniff* sorry had an emotion moment there now im goodb:thanks
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It will Never be the same.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I remember the days when we lived in caves, oh those glory days when we got together around a fire. When we didn't cook food, we just ate raw meat and herbs. Back then we would do funny drawings on other people's cave walls while they were sleeping, and when they woke up they would go like "omg you ******* noob why u draw stick people on mah wall!"

Ahhh... but the good old days will never come back b:sadb:cry
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sayl - Raging Tide
    Sayl - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can say honestly this game is no longer fun. Just a bunch of drama filled *******s in wc who do nothing but try and show off gear and try and lvl up so fast that they miss the whole point of lvling is the fun. This game is just a show off contest with who has the money to spend on shiny things then show off to people then omg, my jaw drops for 5 seconds then we're like ok thats it. Yay you spent money on stuff when its just pixels and numbers. Even now, people who are just starting to play only see drama and eventually see the need for exp and money.I really don't see the point in spending so much money to make your char super awesome that people only take a few glances and are like "Well, ok you're amazing, now I'm done looking" Seriously? You spent money for people to look at your char for a few seconds? Then the skills, they look awesome at first, then its "meh i've seen it" The funs over and I'm quite sad. Perfect World = Corrupted World. Change the game name will you please
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I too remember the "old" PWI; how it was when I started in October of '08. I miss the way this game used to be, and I don't really enjoy it that much anymore. I used to play at least an hour or two everyday... In the past month or so I've played for a total of maybe... four hours? It's simply not the same.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • Alaniss - Lost City
    Alaniss - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I played since closed beta when 4-5 months were required to get lvl 89, cape of tauran 18M, having 1M mean you were very good saving coins, tank was WB, DD was WIZ, EA were considered DD but not that strong, WF was lurer, BM allaround joker. Now any dumb sin with crappy gears want to play tank just to get owned and get the EP owned and party wiped. Funny thing is that now no one gets angry for party wipes like before, the EPs used to get angry by agro fests and party wipes since the were the ones who lose more by deaths, now everybody dies all the time and no one even comments, new ppl just been playing like this they just get that 1-2% exp in few minutes instead of grinding 2hrs with esotericas.

Its just sad seeing 8x-9x BM, WB and EA with fists and claws without having at least -0.05 int bonus in gears. 2 days ago I was in a BH100 SoT with an EA using lvl 70 Dark Flash instead of his CV bow wich changed time to time and a mage with R8 (cheap) gears using sandstorm, glacial snare, DP and MS to DD bosses.

All good players are inactive now, the mediocre players who stayed are the ones that found being Cash Shopper was the key for success, and others who are good at getting coins. Its funny and sad to see them outside west archo gate killing 3x with theirs R9 and Nirvana gears. At least that what I see in LC server.

Remember when RQ were the only RPKers sometimes they were annoying but most times was fun to encounter with them. Even if LC is a PVP server there was a little honor and respect among players, when new ppl came to LC the usually were wondering if they just logged to a PvE server and those who just wanted to be an *** rpking lowies never found home in LC.. funny thing I only found out that the only ppl who quit for being PKd were the RQ ppl.

I just cone time to time to check new classes and instances never stay for much time... is good that PWI put many things in CS, they were lossing loads of players who went for a real F2P fair private server. Now is faster to get 101 with R9 or nirvana gears than in aprivate servers XD if you have the money of course.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for you, the game might be a "shell of it's former self."

but to newgen like me? This is the norm. This is what I understood I'd be playing with since the time I started, and I accept/like the game regardless of those flaws.

I envy that you knew a game without the flaws I have to accept as fact in today's game, but I still enjoy myself here regardless.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I joined PWI in August/September 09, right when genies came out :) I remember first opening the site and seeing all the flashy genie pics and the big 'NEW GENIES IN NEXT MAINT!'

I can't say I experienced PWI in its full glory, but I sure did see it while it wasn't ruled by the credit card. I miss the days of hanging out with my old friends and grinding together. Most of them have quit.

I haven't quit yet, and that's because I really want to hit 89, go demon, and equip a Requiem Blade. Yes, I know that now they aren't really 'cool' at all but I remember being 2x in City of the Lost, and seeing a veno with this really awesome glowy yellow sword. And I wanted one. b:chuckle

Ahh... old times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Again times have changed..live..adapt..succeed..

The monies has successfully brain wash you . . . (b:shocked)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:sad

That's pretty much everything in a nutshell. *sigh* I still remember when a couple of friends and me joined this on October 2008. All I went through, all the friends I made blah blah... It's all gone now. Everything's so... I don't know, it's kind of hard to explain. Most of the people in my faction are new-gen now. I really don't feel at home anymore. I haven't left because there are still some great good-hearted veterans which I love oh so much, but alas, this quitting thing lingers on the back of my head.

The fact that the game gets specifically updated to the Chinese players doesn't help at all. Also, where's the promised Lv 100+ content? Oh right, kill the same 2 types of mobs in Sandwhisper Desert (IF you have a base) for nothing.

If only I could just see my old friends again...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • _HAX_ - Lost City
    _HAX_ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I really hope the GMs see this, I can't stand to see the game in the shadow of its former glory. It was infinitely better and each boss battle felt epic ( even if you fought the boss multiple times), you still felt the thrill. Now its just kill a boss for exp and drops (most of the time people fight over drops). They don't see the fun in squading and having a little adventure. Why do you think pw tries so hard with the story oriented quests and the story of the game?
  • AdohBlade - Heavens Tear
    AdohBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    awwww man all of you are making me miss the good old days on here.b:cry All of you are right in your comments. And to replay to an ealyer post ya im sick of the silly hyper childern who have basically never honestly played this game thinking they how to play Lol. b:laugh
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gold at 100k per gold was honestly a stupidly weak economy. ppl would be able to get gold just by dropping a few lvl 45 mobs.

P.S. this thread is a sausage fest of QQ
  • AdohBlade - Heavens Tear
    AdohBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gold at 100k per gold was honestly a stupidly weak economy. ppl would be able to get gold just by dropping a few lvl 45 mobs.

P.S. this thread is a sausage fest of QQ

Wow Stalk much? XD