Curious about *bad programming*

Renza - Raging Tide
Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
How is it that a stunned mob, that's just had the final blow to kill it, seems to always get the last hit if its in melee range?

As I'm on my mystic, my pet stuns it (5 second stun), the pet is behind the mob that it stunned, 2 seconds later its dead, yet it hits the pet thats behind it lol, no attacking animation, just died whilst stunned, yet it magicaly hits, such pro programming.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
*One week later*
"Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
*few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
Post edited by Renza - Raging Tide on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's an attempt to burn charms/kill people/**** us over.

:(
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Probably there no input to cancel attack command when the object hp reach 0 (b:faint)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Because your client's perception of time is always slower than the server'a perception of time. Your attack doesn't register yet on the server even if it appears you killed it.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Because your client's perception of time is always slower than the server'a perception of time. Your attack doesn't register yet on the server even if it appears you killed it.

This has the name of LAG (or high latency) and is common in all games.

However, PWI is so filled with bugs and just blatant programming errors that the developers give no impression of ever fixing (just one omnipresent mention: rubberband effect) that it would not surprise me that this is a *normal* glitch/error that they simply decided they wont bother to fix. Maybe one day... NOT!

P.S. Any guy with programming skills know how hard it is to make a game, but also, it can spot the enormous number of errors floating everywhere. And who needs programming skills? We players are affected by them each and every game session we try to enjoy, even you pay a fortune on the game you still get the same obviously flawed Perfect World.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011

This is not true..

I noticed this too when I was killing mobs back then, and I've went to test it.

Went to a mob with 15k hp. I Headhunt it with level 10 Headhunt (5 second stun). It has less than 2k hp left while stunned. I hit it, and it STILL HITS ME.

Even though it had a 5 second stun on it, and I killed it in 2 hits in less than 2 seconds, it still hit me in the end.

I'd just say it's a way to **** people off and burn their HP/MP food/charms if they're close enough to tick.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Nopeb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I'd just say it's a way to **** people off and burn their HP/MP food/charms if they're close enough to tick.

I doubt it's that. But I bet it's plain negligence, like bored coding while eating a sammitch *oops, I coded that wrong*...*well, boss hasn't seen it; yay, release it!*. Cuz they don't pay good coders or they don't pay the coders they have good enough.

Either way, cheaping things up is the real cause, and we suffer.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not implying it's the only factor, but I know latency is a big part it of it. Perhaps mobs also have a channeling time for de-summon on top of latency
    . So it's still engaged in combat while it's falling to the floor.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @HimeJunsei Well I know that it's been like this since forever.

@TheDan I see what you mean. I kind of see it as a "final move" lol. Last attack before death. Every mob has it!
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    While playing another MMO with a ping in the 4 second range, if I stun a mob and then kill it, it doesn't magically hit me while dead.

It's simply a case of good programming vs bad programming.

I've noticed that sometimes I'll kill a mob, and then 2-20 seconds later, my archer will magically expend 2-5 arrows and do more damage to the mob that died 2-20 seconds ago. I will suddenly do 500 to 5,000 damage extra to the dead mob; numbers will scroll above it's corpse, or where it's corpse once was. It's incredibly lame and a waste of arrows.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For once i have to agree with Renza. lol Stop trying to defend these Devs and say it's lag. I dont' lag..... cept in west arch i might for a split second... lol O ya and the flashy junk on the pillars and w/e in Raging Tide and Tellus make me lag some..... but that's it. Yet I've seen this too. I've tried a TON of other games, and play another still.... yet I've NEVER seen **** like THIS. This is just a case of really pathetic programming.
  • Tsenlu - Sanctuary
    Tsenlu - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am going to go with the questionable programming aspect.
    It's a bug that can be fixed if the wanted to fix it.

It's not like it's real life psychics being represented in the game.
    In real life you can't jump from 5,000 feet and land like a feather.
    Large animals like rays with no wings can't hover and fly.
    You can't hold your breath for an unlimited amount of time under water.
    Melee type mobs can't hit you or poison you from extremely long distances when you go zooming by them at hyper speed.
    But in the game they can.
    So a stunned mob being able to get the last hit in on you isn't really all that surprising.
    Should it be fixed, sure it should be but you probably shouldn't expect it to happen any time soon.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am going to go with the questionable programming aspect.
    It's a bug that can be fixed if the wanted to fix it.

It's not like it's real life psychics being represented in the game.
    In real life you can't jump from 5,000 feet and land like a feather.
    Large animals like rays with no wings can't hover and fly.
    You can't hold your breath for an unlimited amount of time under water.
    Melee type mobs can't hit you or poison you from extremely long distances when you go zooming by them at hyper speed.
    But in the game they can.
    So a stunned mob being able to get the last hit in on you isn't really all that surprising.
    Should it be fixed, sure it should be but you probably shouldn't expect it to happen any time soon.

Or at all... lol b:laugh
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not that I'm excusing bad programming, but PWI isn't the only game that has this bug. I played another game for a while that left corpses to rifle through when a mob died. It was not uncommon to see "XXXX's corpse hits you for YYYY hp".

It didn't happen *every time* like in PWI, but it happened often enough to be annoying. This was a well known P2P game, too.
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have played every game PWE has and every game 4 other game companies put out. I have experienced this in every one. I get it much less on PWI tho since I moved to an east coast server. So part of it is lag.
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I have played every game PWE has and every game 4 other game companies put out. I have experienced this in every one. I get it much less on PWI tho since I moved to an east coast server. So part of it is lag.

*cough*bullsh1t*cough*
    What part of "bad programing" don't you understand?
    People with superb internet connection ,that they pay a lot of money on, experience it and you come up and say "no it's the lag".

Please use brain cells before you post. I know you have them ^^, Peace!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    See

This video clearly shows it's the programming. Both mobs were stunned at the same time. The one that was killed hit back the instant it died. Meanwhile, the stun on the other mob hadn't even worn off yet. So lag is not an answer to this. It's the programming plain and simple.
  • Zorsha - Harshlands
    Zorsha - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, this is one of most lame things in the game that pisses me off. Moreso than even rubberbanding. It means you're already starting the next fight with less health than you began with. If you have 3500 hp and the mob is hitting you for 250 dmg, after 14 mobs you've lost a full bar of health to an ATTACK THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED!

This really irks me when playing my sin and I use Rib Strike. I KNOWthe mob does not have the attack speed to hit me one more time, but low and behold, the special ability all mobs possess, the I AM DEAD BUT WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH STRIKE

b:angry
    Werewolf barb 63
    Pimp_Hand bm 69
    Malekith sin 75
    Luna_Glade cleric 61
    Mr_Spock wiz 66
    Dark_Lord archer 80
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ever had the last laugh?

Well mobs like to have the last hit

Deal with it
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *cough*bullsh1t*cough*
    What part of "bad programing" don't you understand?
    People with superb internet connection ,that they pay a lot of money on, experience it and you come up and say "no it's the lag".

Please use brain cells before you post. I know you have them ^^, Peace!

Really? So you know what my internet speed is and what games I experienced it in. I got the 2nd highest speed net comcast provides. I have evperienced it in almost every game I have played. I said it is part lag not full. You might wanna use your brain B4 you post. I used to get it with alot more kills when I played HT then I do on RT. It's happens 2 or 3 times a week to me now. On HT it was pretty much every few kills. But nowhere did I say it was all lag.

You also have to take into consideration that the speed you pay for isn't always the speed you get. Between you and a game server the various routers from various companie you go through to get to the server can really kill your connection speed and cause lag.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Really? So you know what my internet speed is and what games I experienced it in. I got the 2nd highest speed net comcast provides. I have evperienced it in almost every game I have played. I said it is part lag not full. You might wanna use your brain B4 you post. I used to get it with alot more kills when I played HT then I do on RT. It's happens 2 or 3 times a week to me now. On HT it was pretty much every few kills. But nowhere did I say it was all lag.

You also have to take into consideration that the speed you pay for isn't always the speed you get. Between you and a game server the various routers from various companie you go through to get to the server can really kill your connection speed and cause lag.

Idk what games you have played, but I've played an insane amount of games and I've never seen this before, so idk what your talking about, lag is nothing to do with the last strike bug, it's fairly simple if you actually bloody pay attention and stop talking garbage for a moment.

The mobs programming on here is very basic but badly done, here's why, a mob has a striking animation in which the damage is not allowed to come out until the mob has actually done the *contact* strike on the enemy BUT!, the damage can infact come out the millisecond that it begins its animation, e.g, take a mob that hits slow, like the werewolves for the 2x quests at arch, you see them slowly bring there weapon up and slam it down, lets say it has one more hit to die, its only just brought its weapon up, you kill it and without it even slamming its weapon on you to *strike* you, it dies, but because it started the animation, it counts as a hit.

I might even just record an archer mob to show how obvious it is, there's so many times that an archer mob has litraly only just began to pull its string on its bow and it dies and suddenly 2 arrows come flying out of it, it happens all the time its insane and its NOTHING to do with lag.

Also the reason why the mob hits you even when its dead during a stun, its because when its dead, all negative effects obviously come off it as a dead mob cant have negative effects still, so it wipes them, then it dies, but because its *technicly* still alive, it gets the last hit because it had a milisecond to start its attack, check this again if you still don't understand.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

Now you HAVE used your brain cells and this is true. The lag is also true. I live in Romania and from me to the servers in US the internet has various speeds, which are caused by exactly what you said, and even more, the quality of the servers themselves.

But in this case, PROGRAMMING is the cause, at which, for me, it may happen to add lag issue too. THIS is the reason I do not play a melee class, even though I tried, including when sin came out.

I have optic fiber connection and I am in a metropolitan network, and my internet is allegedly *100Mb* connection, in reality it's a mere 20mb/s and upload of max 10 mb/s, which, also in reality, it's kind of great for a home user. My latencies/pings are also rock stable and very low. I ping my internet connection to google, yahoo, kappa and kernel.org.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1196397580.png romanian server
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1196400639.png los angeles server
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1196403448.png new york server
    Even so, I do have lag, depending on what part of the map I am. Some parts, even though they are empty and with low graphic elements, are as laggy as West Arch at peak activity. Some other suffer from this and I suppose its their servers.

Bad Programming is becoming an emblem of this game. Shame!