Question about bases

Orlin - Dreamweaver
Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I've looked through the forum and this question seems to have me stumped cause I see both answers. When a faction loses the battle does the base actually get destroyed or does it just go away til you pay a fee?
Post edited by Orlin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've looked through the forum and this question seems to have me stumped cause I see both answers. When a faction loses the battle does the base actually get destroyed or does it just go away til you pay a fee?

The battles appear to be unimplemented so no one knows.

I think though that given the way the upgrade process works, base structures will simply get damaged and you pay a fee in mats to repair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Unimplemented, Aster, or is it just that no factions qualify yet? @_@ Heard rumours that a faction has to have certain amount of contri...or something...to start a war...

Gah, as much as I've said that the GMs generally just leave us to figure things out, I DO wish they'd give us some info, or something.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's unlikely a base can be desteoyed in one battle anyways. It takes many many hours for hp to even change by one point. Highly doubt 100 hit points would disappear in 3 hours.

@Katzyn - in game guide stated members need 1000 personal con to participate. Perhaps it means construction points?
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • dragon80blaster
    dragon80blaster Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    is it true that you can't avoid a challenge by another fact/base? If so that stinks!
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    is it true that you can't avoid a challenge by another fact/base? If so that stinks!

Currently in-game rules say no, but so far no one knows how to attack, so there's no base wars at all atm.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2011

According to a post on another thread you can but it costs money to decline a challenge. So far everything about the bases is a mystery cause in the forums u can find posts saying u can do stuff and on others u cant do it. I wish a GM would confirm what you can and cannot do with the bases.
  • dragon80blaster
    dragon80blaster Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what are the bases good for? are they realy worth it if all this is going to happen?
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    According to a post on another thread you can but it costs money to decline a challenge. So far everything about the bases is a mystery cause in the forums u can find posts saying u can do stuff and on others u cant do it. I wish a GM would confirm what you can and cannot do with the bases.

No, I think we've decided that declining was for declarations of war, which = enemiy factions, not base wars, as confusing as that may or may not be...Basically, that's more for that little screen that pops up when you press the "policies" button of the faction screen - there's the two categories (ally and enemy)...declaration of war = factions becomeing "enemies", and THAT can be declined for a moderate sum of money.

...@_@ I hope I explained that right...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Relax, guys. China doesn't even have 40v40 yet. b:cute

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Relax, guys. China doesn't even have 40v40 yet. b:cute

b:cry

How do you know this? Do you play PW-CN (not hatin, just trying to figure out if you're being legit)
    b:laugh
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just something else the devs half finished and shoved in months before it was ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."