Powerlevel for millions of coins; hot or not?

Missyfairy - Heavens Tear
Missyfairy - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
So,

more and more characters choose to powerlevel their alts.
Lots of people offer Power Leveling service for 1 or 2 mil per run.

So; is power level totally HOT b:dirty
Or... it is totally NOT? b:angry

And why?

With Love,
Missy
Post edited by Missyfairy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its hot, if you can get someone to run you, and just you.

If you can get someone to solo FF with your lvl 1 alt or w/e, you can be lvl 45-ish by the end of the 1st run.

You can run again and make it to 60 or so.

Another will get you to 65-ish and so on.

Past lvl 70, its not worth it.

I've ran ppl thru FF for a mill, and it was just them and I. They get all the EXP they can possibly get without others leeching and I get some EXP too, almost 103. LOL

Now, you will get tons of hate PMs, etc for offering services, and taking services. People will call you noob and stuff, but oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd say, if you've played it through before and have an easy time learning, then it's OK.

If it's the opposite, then please don't.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I dun like it. I end up with squads that dunno what they're doing and don't know how to play their class. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • XSheLioNx - Heavens Tear
    XSheLioNx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not...you end up with a bunch of people that don't know how the hell to play their class.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I dun like it. I end up with squads that dunno what they're doing and don't know how to play their class. b:bye

better to have someone get to 100 in 2 weeks, learn how to play there class in just a couple more days (honestly not that hard to learn how to play a virtual char on a video game -_-) then to have a lvl 88 char sitting around for months being useless.b:bye
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I rather powerlevel to pay money for it.
    I got called sanctarys biggest oracle noob when i went out to west at lvl 90 the 3rd day when i actually didnt do a single oracle :D. But so far no fcc squad complained i played bad as seeker
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    better to have someone get to 100 in 2 weeks, learn how to play there class in just a couple more days (honestly not that hard to learn how to play a virtual char on a video game -_-) then to have a lvl 88 char sitting around for months being useless.b:bye

b:laugh So you think I'm sitting around being useless huh? -^-^-
    I'm actually enjoying the game a lot and people I squadded with never have any bad remarks. I know how to play my class and enjoy myself. I'm part of a friendly faction that recruits people and not lvls. I help a lot of people out with bosses, quests and all sorts of questions they have. I consider myself far from useless b:bye

You would be surprised with how many players I've been squadded who don't have a clue how to play their class.
    Luring with a herc with bramble on, not using amp and purge. Sometimes not even knowing they can use a pet >.>
    Clerics that don't know how to purify or use iron heart. Barbs that don't use tiger form or flesh ream because the damage isn't high enough etc.

So gtfo being usefull isn't readable by lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you're coming from PW MY-EN and have two years+ worth of experience, then yes, powerleveling is fine by me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OP, I love you b:dirty
    You totally remind me about this song :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfFhrXXTXQE
    b:kiss
    My opinion :
    If you can play your class - power lvl
    If not - do not.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:laugh So you think I'm sitting around being useless huh? -^-^-
    I'm actually enjoying the game a lot and people I squadded with never have any bad remarks. I know how to play my class and enjoy myself. I'm part of a friendly faction that recruits people and not lvls. I help a lot of people out with bosses, quests and all sorts of questions they have. I consider myself far from useless b:bye

You would be surprised with how many players I've been squadded who don't have a clue how to play their class.
    Luring with a herc with bramble on, not using amp and purge. Sometimes not even knowing they can use a pet >.>
    Clerics that don't know how to purify or use iron heart. Barbs that don't use tiger form or flesh ream because the damage isn't high enough etc.

So gtfo being usefull isn't readable by lvl.

exactly, because i know a few ppl that dont even know what a FC is and are still useless with there class.

not being able or being able to play your class depends on the PLAYER themselves. just because you got power lvled does not mean you do not know how to play the game. especially seeing as how the majority of ppl that do get plvled have high lvl alts and have great knowledge of the game.

now being a completly brand spanking new player to the game and getting plvled on the other hand is a completely different story. but no new player would do that since the wyouldnt even know how to go about getting one nor have the money to afford it anyway.

so to repeat myself, powerlvling does not automatically mean u dont know how to play ur class. that all depends on the player.
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It could have been a fancy neat thing.
    if every other vet player, did it for his own alt for his personal gain.
    But I find offering the service publicly for the noobs and witless alike, a reckless and devastating move.
    I couldn't care less about the millions they make from running lowbies through FF, but
    Those lowbies.. thanks to the geniuses p.leveling them, are soon only 90-100 in a couple of days to a week, and they know less about their classes than how to steer a toilet.

And yeah yeah, you could always not squad with the new high lvl'd classes, but at the end of the day, people helping with this mass randomness for pure greed, are creating more idiots than we need.
    As well as making finding a squad for your own EG a rather difficult task, seeing how every one will be avoiding them.
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    HOT

Just because you the coins you spend slowly add up over time you don't recognize the cost. Christ if I had to lvl my mystic slowly, grinding mobs etc. My mp bill would be a lot higher than the cost of hypers to lvl. That's not mentioning having to get lvl appropriate gear, dying, losing exp etc.
  • prophetofman
    prophetofman Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    real gamers dont power level. nor do they care about anyone else power leveling. they just game. do more of it.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    real gamers dont power level. nor do they care about anyone else power leveling. they just game. do more of it.

Bro...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My opinion :
    If not - do not.

everybody thinks they know how to play their class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • L_grimmjow_l - Archosaur
    L_grimmjow_l - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i see it as if its a 100 or somthings alt and they cba lvling then ya power lvling good for them
    but if its a new person then i would tell them to go n quest
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    People actually pay for this? LOL

I'm 91 and haven't paid a dime. Being in a faction that doesn't suck is awesome.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Selling solo FC run tickets on RT. 2mil for heads, 2.5mil full.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    $1-2 a pop for up to 45 levels? Hell yeh.

I was tempted to charge $10 or so and do this to make a new BM (since this BM is stuck on sage culti). But sadly the new expansion wasn't anything like the amazing fresh start to PW that I expected.

If people do this with the new classes, sure, w/e. It doesn't take more than a week to learn a new class. If a player is friendly and willing to learn, they won't be a hindrance. And if they're arrogant and rude, they will be. Power-leveling doesn't really affect that at all, instances are still ruined or made fun by the same people.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Of course it's hot > . . very hot and create flames . . (b:angry)

But i don't really care, it worries me tough seeing anyone that can charge few $ goes to power level . . and can't back up their character high level needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Questing on a "low lvl noob" is much more fun than being a high lvl and spending your time chatting in Archo (Hey, it's what many of us do at lvl 101+).

With attack blessings and 3x BH, I can already lvl faster than I would have ever imagined 2+ years ago. Toss in the occasional oracle or hyper to get me that extra 10% t.n.l. and I'm already feeling like I'm lving too fast. Power lvling in FCC just doesn't leave much for me to do lol.

Only exception I have is if creating an APS char for endgame farming. Then yeah, get me to 101 ASAP and then leave me alone for the next 72 hours :)
  • Missyfairy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    So, if I may conclude:

Its cool to Power Level as long as you know how to play your class.
    If you dont know what the skills are for or how they work; dont power level.

But yeah, I agree with most of you.
    Some ppl will just **** a few BH's, TT's or nirvana's cuz they really dont know how to use skills. And some of them never seen a FC before.
    But luckily there are a lot of players who play for the game and really enjoying that.
    I chear for that.
    Thanks for you're comments b:kiss
  • Missyfairy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    My opinion :
    If not - do not.

O and Grim. Nice song for this topic, I ike your taste.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you're coming from PW MY-EN and have two years+ worth of experience, then yes, powerleveling is fine by me.
    that would depend on their class and the current class their tryin to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know what? I'm all about power leveling. I have a 100 cleric and a 101 sin, and am pretty familiar with this game. Besides, I would much rather figure out how to play a class at level 100, with all skills learned, with AWESOME gear, than at any point before that. I'm going to spend much more time with my seeker at level 100, regardless of how quickly I level.
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this is my 3rd archer and plvingl is hot :P
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It could have been a fancy neat thing.
    if every other vet player, did it for his own alt for his personal gain.
    But I find offering the service publicly for the noobs and witless alike, a reckless and devastating move.
    I couldn't care less about the millions they make from running lowbies through FF, but
    Those lowbies.. thanks to the geniuses p.leveling them, are soon only 90-100 in a couple of days to a week, and they know less about their classes than how to steer a toilet.

And yeah yeah, you could always not squad with the new high lvl'd classes, but at the end of the day, people helping with this mass randomness for pure greed, are creating more idiots than we need.
    As well as making finding a squad for your own EG a rather difficult task, seeing how every one will be avoiding them.

I'll add you to the list of people who may not like me b:victory

I help my fiance power level people. The majority of the people we level are people who already have high level characters. I've only met one complete idiot and as much as I wanted to tell him off and have him kicked, he paid and that is unfair b:beatup
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well hypers are low again sooo i may throw my mystic in a few ff runs.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wow, how do you run a lv1 through the FF alone, without them getting smeared?? thats really something!b:shocked

but it also takes the fun out of the game, i think, to have someone level you up. there are plenty of Pservers where you can do that...then what? you have gone from lv1 to lv hundreds, in almost no time. then what are you going to do? you have finished the game, but not actually *played* it. someone else played it for you, who actually spent the time and had the fun of the journey through all the areas and quests.

doesnt sound like fun to me.

Its hot, if you can get someone to run you, and just you.

If you can get someone to solo FF with your lvl 1 alt or w/e, you can be lvl 45-ish by the end of the 1st run.

You can run again and make it to 60 or so.

Another will get you to 65-ish and so on.

Past lvl 70, its not worth it.

I've ran ppl thru FF for a mill, and it was just them and I. They get all the EXP they can possibly get without others leeching and I get some EXP too, almost 103. LOL

Now, you will get tons of hate PMs, etc for offering services, and taking services. People will call you noob and stuff, but oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think its up to player on what they do. I know people that have played this game form Open Beta and STILL don't know WTH they are doing ... and I've seen people who have only played this game a couple of months, but because of their background with MMOs they caught on quick and are better then many players that have been here for a long time.

Personally, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, if they drop the ball when I squad with them, I just don't run with them again. It doesn't really affect me one bit if someone fails at a char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired