fist barb?

Spirit_boy - Harshlands
Spirit_boy - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
i just wanted to ask when i get to lv 100 is it good for barb to restart stat points and put them for fist use so i can get 5 aps is that good for barb or not??
Post edited by Spirit_boy - Harshlands on

Comments

• Haza - Heavens Tear
    Haza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Plz..dont..for the love god and beef jerky..whats with u barbs and fists..srsly...it was frowned upon ages ago, but as soon as APS was "discoverd" everyone was on the wheelwagon. ur choice really, but stats wont do you good without the right gear and it isnt cheap.
  • Spirit_boy - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    i know that its not cheap and why shouldnt i get fist there is no use of barbs after 100 only for BH and warsong maybe for TT if they dont have 5 aps in squad
  • Shiyuan - Heavens Tear
    Shiyuan - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, barbs used to be the big thing for tanking till a well enough geared BM with bloodpaint and APS came around.. Alot of barbs are trying roll both but aren't understandin how expensive it actually is.. Seeing a BM with a higher Hp then a Claw barb is really sad.. xD Anyways.. If you plan on doing it. Refinement is everything. And your shards have to be right too.. Don't do like baby flawless or immacs.. Gotta go big or go home. I have a Claw barb just for FUN... nothing else.. But I still push 17.5k + hp standing and 21k in tiger form with 3 Vit.. Its all refinement and sharding properly but cost a **** load.. Also remember, you'll lose DMG in axes because your saccing it for Dex points. But maybe your higher crit will please you. b:chuckle
    edited March 2011
    im still not sure if im going to make BM it will take me some time to lv it and good shards cost like 5mil+ each b:cryb:cry
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Shiyuan is right you better get coughing up some $$.the claw barbs iv seen are those who have done exstensive cash shopping but there are those who dont have that privilledge going the hard road and kinda ruining thier barb, especially with inadequate gear for thier barb just to reach high aps....

i hope they make a new update were fists/claws just for BMS..rly getting out of control..and i dont wanna see a cleric wearing those when im tanking a boss >_<
    edited March 2011
    tnx for help guys :P
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    make a BM and account stash if you really want to

Barbs are the lowest hitters with claws/fists, so its not really worth ruining your barb over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I still take a sage barb (you know the way it's suppose to be) on me for 3-3. I <3 the debuffs and frighten for some of those bosses.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    well you could use the money that you may have "saved" or have for APS for oracles etc for your BM, i dont really approve of this method but it would save time in truth, and you can keep your barb for future tanking purposes =D
    edited March 2011
    btw with BM do u get APS gear easily by playing by the time or you need to work hard in 9x lvs?
  • Din_Toran - Sanctuary
    Din_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Fist Barb = FAIL

That's really all that needs to be said on the issue.
    edited March 2011
    will cost you a few 100 mill eitherway

for 5.0 you will need (cheepest option)

TT99 LA Neck + Belt
    TT99 HA Arms + Boots
    Lunar Glade Cape
    Deicides
    TT Nirvana pants

TT99 LA Neck + Belt
    TT99 HA Arms + Boots
    Lunar Glade Cape
    Deicides

etc etc
    My Mum = FAIL

QFT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As long as you still can tank any instance go for it. The game is fairly easy to tank at high levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    make a BM and account stash if you really want to

Barbs are the lowest hitters with claws/fists, so its not really worth ruining your barb over
    I'd like to see proof of this.

Barbs can hit just as hard with fist/claws as BMs and probably a bit harder than archers.

Disregard most of these people, claw barbs have great endgame potential and are some of the best tankers in the game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=983472

read this for more info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Yeh..but BMS we since we can use skills with fists..while barbs and other mindlessely punch a monster continously...therefore..more accustomed to us than other classes.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeh..but BMS we since we can use skills with fists..while barbs and other mindlessely punch a monster continously...therefore..more accustomed to us than other classes.

BMs never use skills with fists. They just demon spark + auto attack like every other class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited March 2011
    I'd like to see proof of this.

Barbs can hit just as hard with fist/claws as BMs and probably a bit harder than archers.

Disregard most of these people, claw barbs have great endgame potential and are some of the best tankers in the game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=983472

read this for more info.

your from RT, nobody cares :P

ive already out DD'ed every barb with decides/TT100's that ive been with 5.0 and all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Claw Barbs are decent. I love my 53% crit at 5.0 aps at 50 atk lvls. Love that we can get BP too, so we can solo instances.

Archers can't get BP >:P

Anyways, most fist Barbs I know have BM alts, so it doesn't matter much. You still rake in the cash. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    And you both had same weapon/refine?

Same shards?

Barb had level 11 poison fang?

Barb cancelled demon onslaught ever spark?

Barbs are definitely not the lowest DD with fist/claws.

I've run with tons of 5.0 barbs and BM, and the only time I ever really see a BM use skills is once every 5 minutes when they use dragon bane before sparking. Barb on the other hand should be cancelling demon beastial onslaught every spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011
    Archers can't get BP >:P

as my cleric friend tells me when i tell her i cant get BP

"Don't worry, you have me and my sexy a.ss to look at!" and damn she has a nice a.ss b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Those pixels must be hot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    yadda

~sees Raging Tide, ignores existance~

just tellin it how it is =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Just tellin it like it is?

Or know that you're wrong and would rather put something stupid like that rather than admit you're wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fist/claw barb is awesome, i got 1

58% crit at 5.00 is just pownage

dont need the mastery like BMs have couse of titans, and on top of that the wood dammage buff,

and you never have to go out of the instance to ask for a HP buff, since you are a barb yourself

if you can afford it , i recomend you to do so
  • Shiyuan - Heavens Tear
    Shiyuan - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Both have high ends and low ends to it.. To the people who are saying just spark and go on macro. Most likely the people who play a magic class and don't have the lux we got lol. Hey! least nirvana seals you now so you can see if we're paying attention!... Anyways back on topic.. the glitched onslaught from barbs on top of the titans really does have a comeback from its DD loss..IF THERE EVEN IS any DD loss... Its all build people. Just like alot of these r9 wizzys with +10 or +12 who hit like a +5 :D... its all build.. /rolls Wizzy with +12 but makes it a HA wizzy.

BMs should naturually be stronger with claws just because the mastery, but its build once again. Most of the fist skills are.. useless... ; Slow's enemy for 1 chi bar!... Cancels chi skill( which is no where as good as the barbs cancel btw) , Or a pure.. add DD into it.. The fire skill is the only one worth getting maxed besides the obvious cyclone.. But hey!.. we all have our different opinions. Dude, if you want to play a claw barb!.. Who gon stop you budd!!
  • WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    please, i beg of you, for the sake of the reputation of any real tankers left in the barb communities, do not do, what you're thinking of doing.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    your from RT, nobody cares :P

I lol'd. ...and qft.

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Whoever Said archer hits harder then barbs is nuts.
    Archers power in fists is their crit hit rate and why would we care? compare The amount of str+if u as rawrgh said interrupt demon BO you hit almost as much as BMs . It's archers that fail with fists since u dont get BP + no extra interrupt buff.