Crafting, Farming, NV.

Options
Ayz - Lost City
Ayz - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Righto, well. Don't know where to start here. I'm level 82 now, and have gotten all of my gear through buying gold, then selling it for coin. (Some of you may look down your nose at me now you know this) But please, if you're going to flame about me being a cash-shopper, take your opinions elsewhere. Well, as I'm a cash-shopper, I just buy the gear I need, for example, I bought my full TT80 set, as well as my TT70 set, I have also never decomposed gear and farmed the mats for new gear, I have only bought it, then sold it when I hit the next TT level. I hear a lot about people 'farming for their nirvana gear' and farming this and farming that. I am leveling rapidly and am soon going to be at the level where I will start to need NV, and just basically better gear. I have no idea where to start this, and I've not got any idea on how to farm for my NV gears, and things. I really am stuck on what to do. When I reach 99 I'm just going to cash shop for RANK8 armour and daggers, but I will still eventually need the Ashura legs, wrists and such. I've read the Sin forums and things, and I come across phrases such as 'First cast' and 'recast' and I have really no idea what this is. If someone could please guide me as to what i'm supposed to be doing? Thanks alot. b:victory
Post edited by Ayz - Lost City on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PWE must love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Ayz - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    helpful reply.
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    Haza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeh they must love him..well on the guides shouldnt they explan the terms or you can ask a more experienced Sin these questions, but in truth you should learn these things about your Class, just one part of the game really, i dont hate you for CS for your armor, i dont like those who brag about it....-rage-

For me i just use Rank 8 Top and Chain/axe and rest TT99, serves me fine and im happy with it :P, choose what you perfer and what works for you.
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If all you're doing is buying zen to sell gold, then you are not a cash-shopper... you're a gold seller. (and I won't go into how I feel about the price gold sellers are selling gold for)

Just wanted to note the difference:

Cash-shopper = buys zen to actually use the cash shop.
    Gold seller = buys zen to sell gold at ungodly prices to people who actually work hard for their coin. (oops! may be a little tmi)
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PWE must love you.

Lmao.
    Righto, well. Don't know where to start here. I'm level 82 now, and have gotten all of my gear through buying gold, then selling it for coin. (Some of you may look down your nose at me now you know this) But please, if you're going to flame about me being a cash-shopper, take your opinions elsewhere. Well, as I'm a cash-shopper, I just buy the gear I need, for example, I bought my full TT80 set, as well as my TT70 set, I have also never decomposed gear and farmed the mats for new gear, I have only bought it, then sold it when I hit the next TT level. I hear a lot about people 'farming for their nirvana gear' and farming this and farming that. I am leveling rapidly and am soon going to be at the level where I will start to need NV, and just basically better gear. I have no idea where to start this, and I've not got any idea on how to farm for my NV gears, and things. I really am stuck on what to do. When I reach 99 I'm just going to cash shop for RANK8 armour and daggers, but I will still eventually need the Ashura legs, wrists and such. I've read the Sin forums and things, and I come across phrases such as 'First cast' and 'recast' and I have really no idea what this is. If someone could please guide me as to what i'm supposed to be doing? Thanks alot. b:victory

when you reach 100 you should get rank 8, but you should also wait until the badges go on sale again, because it'll be cheaper that way (72 gold/about 50~60million coins). You cannot enter Nirvana until 100, and it's basically an instance where you fight bosses in hopes of chests to drop (that contain uncannies (for upgrading armor) and raptures (weapons)), then afterwards you can take 100 pieces of uncannies and you can upgrade TT99 or 95 Lunar gear to "first cast" nirvana, after that you can use 150 more uncannies to upgrade that to a G15 "recast" nirvana, which has better stats, and the -channeling and -interval on the pants.

For weapons it's the same, you can take a TT99 or TT100 or a 95 weapon and "first cast" it for 100 raptures (raptures cost around 3x as much as uncannies though), then after you can recast it to G15 for 150 more raptures (or go from TT100 to 2nd cast directly with a load of raptures, since TT100 is equivalent to a first cast nirvana), not that G15 recast nirvanas have random stats, you don't keep the ones from your first cast nirvana.

If you're going to rank 8, you probably will not get the nirvana weapon (unless you're desperate for that -0.05 interval the 2nd cast nirvana can get), since the rank8 weapon is one grade behind the 2nd cast weapons, but has on par stats. If you're going for major -interval gear, you'll want the rank 8 top, nirvana recast pants (for the -0.05 interval), ashura boots and wrists (for -0.15), and lionheart ornaments (-0.05).
  • Ayz - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Punkin noone is forcing you to buy gold from the auction house.

*EDIT for not seeing lmaonades post.
    So the best bet for me would be to just use the rank gear? Would even go for rank9 in the long run.
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Punkin noone is forcing you to buy gold from the auction house.

I don't!
    I was stating the difference between cash shopper and gold seller. b:thanks
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Ayz - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ooh another thing. The Ashura legs and wrists that APS sins use is basically what I'm aiming for, can they be bought or do you have to craft them yourself?
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ooh another thing. The Ashura legs and wrists that APS sins use is basically what I'm aiming for, can they be bought or do you have to craft them yourself?

They can be bought, but unlikely, if you're going to buy your way to it, i would suggest buying the mats and having a guildie crafting it for you.

And as for rank 9, that's a little heavy even on regular cash shoppers as yourself. The last time i ran over the figures, it costs over 2k dollars to get because of the sheer amount of chips you have to get for a piece. It rivals warsoul weapons in price.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gold sellers lowering gold price ijs (simple economics)

on topic
    go look at forges by nv entrance lazy butt is easy to figure it out
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The last time i ran over the figures, it costs over 2k dollars to get because of the sheer amount of chips you have to get for a piece. It rivals warsoul weapons in price.

I think that that kind of price means you were thinking of making mysterious chip boxes using tokens (the kind that hold 10 chips), rather than buying them during a general summer's sale.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a warsoul sale!

b:chuckle