Nikit - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2011
  • Iakothm - Dreamweaver
    Iakothm - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I thought I was good enough QQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOmeqp1Ragw

Grats to winners btw :P

i kinda dont blame them for not picking you your sound was horribly low.
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i kinda dont blame them for not picking you your sound was horribly low.

That's true b:cry I couldn't get that particular music in higher volume, had to compromise with the sound I liked at low volume. Figured, increasing volume won't be too much of a chore b:surrender
    Itypevolumealot
  • YaeAmerisis - Sanctuary
    YaeAmerisis - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Weird, seems that you didn't receive my videos.

I configured mine so only people with the url could see them, and they stayed with my own views XD (evidence: http://img218.imageshack.us/i/videosns.jpg/ enero = january). And yes, I e-mailed you the url (here is another pic, oh, but before you tell me about the time line, I live in Mexico and I'm 2 hours ahead, it's the CST time, I think... http://img41.imageshack.us/i/mailevidence.jpg/ )

Oh well... A little bit disappointed on that issue. I'm not saying that I would have won XD but I didn't get even a chance.

Anyway, congratulations to the winners! ^^

PS: Well, I decided to show them, so at least they can get a couple of views =P

1st Video
    2nd Video
    3rd Video
    4th Video
    5th Video
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When I finally start this other video contest up, I'm adding a clause about using Lux Aeterna (the "Requiem for a Dream" overture). Specifically, not to. Done. To. Death.

Is it crazy that most of the music used I recognize by either title or artist/composer, just as a byproduct of everyday listening? Seriously, 90% of this stuff is just my usual playlist.
    b:chuckle

To the winners: Nicely done, and I hope you'll take it as an encouragement to create your own content. I see a great many with a good ear/eye for timing and composition, and I look forward to seeing it put to use on your own terms in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Katazy - Sanctuary
    Katazy - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:pleased Gratz all and well done :)
  • LoveMeMan - Harshlands
    LoveMeMan - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Xetheras - Harshlands, taintedxlove - Heavens Tear, Azus - Heavens Tear and Derren_Brown - Dreamweaver's videos were good but i'm concerned about Exegesis - Heavens tear's video. I'm not sure as to why it was chosen but in my opinion, I didn't like it.

I though i would make the top 5 but it's ok (Q_Q) so if you want to see my video, here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8BQGAj-OPM
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I personally didn't feel that the music flowed with the videos chosen, but thats just my personal opinion. I personally would of liked too of seen a transition between two songs. I felt the first half with the orchestra music was nice but the battle scene needed something more intese that fit.

But congradulations to the winnersb:victory
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Xetheras - Harshlands
    Xetheras - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know this is silly, but how do we receive the mount? i thought just logging on would make it appear. Also, Grats to the other winners and honorable mentions!
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I didn't even make it to honorable mentions? D:

Oh well, Congrats to the winners.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know this is silly, but how do we receive the mount? i thought just logging on would make it appear. Also, Grats to the other winners and honorable mentions!

It will be sent to us via ingame mail I believe.

Congratulations to the other winners and mentions too! They were all great ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011

We'll be sending out an email in the next 24-48 hours, and you'll have to let us know which of the two mounts you would like. Then we should be able to get you your prize mount within the next 2 server maintenances at the latest.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I personally didn't feel that the music flowed with the videos chosen, but thats just my personal opinion. I personally would of liked too of seen a transition between two songs. I felt the first half with the orchestra music was nice but the battle scene needed something more intese that fit.

But congradulations to the winnersb:victory

I feel the same way. I hate to pat myself on that back, but I think this is the feel that most of us were expecting out of the winners. b:chuckle Or at least in the mentions. But then again, there were a lot of entries. Grats to you all. I suppose its good I didn't win cause I really didn't want the prize. Heh. I just wanted comments on some of my work and to be noticed. b:surrender I think I'm lonely. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Derren_Brown - Dreamweaver
    Derren_Brown - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Today I just found out that we have to send e-mail to choose what type of mount we want. hope it's not to late :s The adress is this one : pwi-events@perfectworldinc.com , right? Congratz too the other winners and good luck to everyone next time!
    edited March 2011
    Today I just found out that we have to send e-mail to choose what type of mount we want. hope it's not to late :s The adress is this one : pwi-events@perfectworldinc.com , right? Congratz too the other winners and good luck to everyone next time!

Oh! Oops I've got it wrong! PWI will send us email! Sorry
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im sorry but the first one is just epic win.

i mean no contest... wow. epic
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Xetheras - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Has the winners received an email yet? It may just be me paranoid xD.
  • LoveMeMan - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I wish I was in the top 5 to wait for an E-mail. This contest is not fair b:sad I think they didn't see my video or MOST of the videos that were sent to them from other contestants that were not "evanesence" "linkin Park" or "Requiem of a Dream" type.....yet b:shocked and threw the Unique videos away with the rest of the "Requiem for a Dream" Team. b:cry. I want to Protest for those who's hard-working videos didn't get noticed b:surrender.
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wish I was in the top 5 to wait for an E-mail. This contest is not fair b:sad I think they didn't see my video or MOST of the videos that were sent to them from other contestants that were not "evanesence" "linkin Park" or "Requiem of a Dream" type.....yet b:shocked and threw the Unique videos away with the rest of the "Requiem for a Dream" Team. b:cry. I want to Protest for those who's hard-working videos didn't get noticed b:surrender.

I'm going to take this in two parts.
    1. "This contest is not fair / I think they didn't see my video"
    It took the staff several weeks to comb through hundreds of entries to select winners. There's only one basis on which this contest can be judged, and that's how well your choice of music meshed with the video. As such, it's about as fair as a contest can possibly be, as long as you're neither blind nor deaf - it relies only on your choice of music, and your ability to sync it for presentation.

2. "I want to Protest for those who's hard-working videos didn't get noticed"
    Again: HUNDREDS of entries. If Frankie had listed every single video that was entered, you'd have a list almost as long as the GT5 car roster. Many of those would be repeats, since Lux Aeterna, or LP / Evanescence / etc. are popular mainstream "no-brainer" choices and a lot of folks had the same idea. As it stands, Frankie was kind enough to list a healthy handful of "honorable mentions" in the newspost - he didn't have to, he could've just left it at the winners, but it was a thoughtful gesture to all the people who did participate.

As for your video...
    It was a reasonable music choice, fairly fitting, but by no means an inspiring choice. It raised a dramatic tone too early, didn't offer enough build-up, and the high-tension choral elements felt particularly out of place once the rock-monster dropped. It's passable, but not a great entry. On a personal level, the voices in the beginning didn't sit well with me at all - they just felt wrong, like an English dub of Godzilla.

Bottom line, I can understand you being disappointed. Lord knows I've had my own share of disappointments with PWI's judgment. But "b;cry"ing about it on the contest thread is demeaning to you, insulting to the winners, and serves no constructive purpose at all. Yeah, losing a contest stinks. But don't lose your dignity over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Has the winners received an email yet? It may just be me paranoid xD.

Lol, it's just you being paranoid :P

I have yet to receive my email too, but just be patient - It will eventually come b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • Xetheras - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Lol, it's just you being paranoid :P

I have yet to receive my email too, but just be patient - It will eventually come b:chuckle

Lol that makes me feel a bit better. I'll try to be patient. S'all we can do, right? c:
  • LoveMeMan - Harshlands
    edited March 2011

I'm going to take this in two parts.
    1. "This contest is not fair / I think they didn't see my video"
    It took the staff several weeks to comb through hundreds of entries to select winners. There's only one basis on which this contest can be judged, and that's how well your choice of music meshed with the video. As such, it's about as fair as a contest can possibly be, as long as you're neither blind nor deaf - it relies only on your choice of music, and your ability to sync it for presentation.

2. "I want to Protest for those who's hard-working videos didn't get noticed"
    Again: HUNDREDS of entries. If Frankie had listed every single video that was entered, you'd have a list almost as long as the GT5 car roster. Many of those would be repeats, since Lux Aeterna, or LP / Evanescence / etc. are popular mainstream "no-brainer" choices and a lot of folks had the same idea. As it stands, Frankie was kind enough to list a healthy handful of "honorable mentions" in the newspost - he didn't have to, he could've just left it at the winners, but it was a thoughtful gesture to all the people who did participate.

As for your video...
    It was a reasonable music choice, fairly fitting, but by no means an inspiring choice. It raised a dramatic tone too early, didn't offer enough build-up, and the high-tension choral elements felt particularly out of place once the rock-monster dropped. It's passable, but not a great entry. On a personal level, the voices in the beginning didn't sit well with me at all - they just felt wrong, like an English dub of Godzilla.

Bottom line, I can understand you being disappointed. Lord knows I've had my own share ++

++++
    of disappointments with PWI's judgment. But "b;cry"ing about it on the contest thread is demeaning to you, insulting to the winners, and serves no constructive purpose at all. Yeah, losing a contest stinks. But don't lose your dignity over it.

OK! I admit that I do agree with you with the comment you made, but oh gosh! except the "English dub of Godzilla" part xD but thanks for the comment you made on my video. I do admit that I couldn't get the film to be fully sync with the sound cause of the program I used and as for the Soundtrack, it was one of the most difficult to find that was at least, in my opinion, the best choice for the film. So yeah, I shouldn't be QQing over a contest I didn't win.
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Lol that makes me feel a bit better. I'll try to be patient. S'all we can do, right? c:

Well, it looks like the emails have gone out now. I got mine this morning anyway.

If you haven't checked yours already, it is probably sitting in your inbox awaiting your attention. If not, check your junk mail just in case lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Congratulations to the winners!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Thanks! And yes I recived email too...made my choice...now waiting again...:)
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Xetheras - Harshlands, taintedxlove - Heavens Tear, Azus - Heavens Tear and Derren_Brown - Dreamweaver's videos were good but i'm concerned about Exegesis - Heavens tear's video. I'm not sure as to why it was chosen but in my opinion, I didn't like it.

I though i would make the top 5 but it's ok (Q_Q) so if you want to see my video, here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8BQGAj-OPM

Maybe because I made the music myself instead of putting on someone elses music.. Thats the main reason its not as proffessional as the others b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
    edited March 2011
    Isn't this taking too long?