Race War?

Haza - Heavens Tear
Haza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Well I haven't seen a thread about this so far..so i'll just make one ..

anyway..i think we should implement something more for those who want fun PVP without the NERDRAGE..and accusing others of better gear and blah blah

a race war as you would have guessed would be 1 v 1 v 1...lets keep it at 3 races to be simple, and maybe GMS can randomly pick the 3 races to fight, how this work i got some ideas but im not the only player so COMMENT!..

the way i think it may work would be create a new map or use an original one and maybe extended it a little, this way plenty of space on the map. the reason i like this race war because this way those who want to PVP can do, it wont be about being No#1 individually but as a race and get other players into different classes (maybe). b:surrender

the rewards i dont know really, but maybe the goal would be to infiltrate the base and kill the race leader..which might be selected by the players on each server/race...this way the game can have more community feel to it,

Just a thought....think it over GMS xD...
Happy Gaming!b:laugh
Post edited by Haza - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i like the idea... but it has flaws...

sins coming out of stealth at the same time to just PWN anyone not in a group...

untamed would get ***** b/c they dont have any DD classes/range...

elf classes would own a lot of classes b/c of the range of the archer and the healing of the cleric/buffs...

human would fair well b/c of the damage of the wiz and the BM can take a hit...

earthguard... who knows... they could res themselvs lol
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    ah true true...but then again this can be done in technically TW..because iv seen alot of guilds full of one race..

This is why i want PLAYERS to comment and see if we can make it work..everything has a flaw..but can still work..

Plus do remember in the story the 3 waring factions did fight alot..why not just add little sub-plot like some feuds unrested or something...they need to make the game more fun..at least
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Tideborn would just win every single time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I guess..i would suppose the idea of some restrictions wont be seen to some players as a gd thing..but seriously we really need an actual Challenge which all players can participiate another..reason why i might move to ***..u actually do stf thats worth doing.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Tideborn would just win every single time.

basically... 40 stealth sins just wating and picking targets to attack... coming out of stealth with HH and just auto attacking... then back into stealth...
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    mhmmmmmmmm.........well that sucks period...maybe some restrictions could be used..or perhaps like a item that becomes available during the war can disable such skills...like some kind of device u put in the ground and sends a wierd wave..or sumtin..

and make it more intresting that it can be destroyed..that way your fighting for more than just defending your leader...
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    basically... 40 stealth sins just wating and picking targets to attack... coming out of stealth with HH and just auto attacking... then back into stealth...

hmm... 40 stealthed sins vs 40 seekers set on spin cycle with res, falling petals and edged blur. I'd actually like to see how that worked out
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Would be fun to watch though..just seeing those Sins rly irritated would be enough thats for sure :P, but then again this is a new idea, we can make it work, especially since we the players who are playing the content the DEVS keep throwing at us..and not liking it.

expect something we want without a change!..like GB..also this is a great way of peepz from same races getting to know each other and sharing tips. plus this will bring the community side of the players since it affects them all, like say..Humans Win..(soo not biased)..maybe those of that race recieve a extra added Exp Bonus etc.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Here's a good run down of some good single class fights I'd like to see in mass pvp:

40 vs 40 or 20 vs 20 fights:

Seeker vs Archer (ranged phys vs ranged Phys :D)

Mystic vs veno (so it can finally be settled)

BM vs Sin (Dps insanity)

Wizard vs Psychic (nuke'em)

Barb vs cleric (the ultimate wall vs the ultimate shield)
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • _mizukiashi_ - Dreamweaver
    _mizukiashi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I do think we should have that but picking a race leader would be hard cause people would rage about how they should be the race leader and on dreamweaver for the humans everyone would just pick BaldwinBoy since he's highest lvl on the server some other ppl might want a chance to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I think..the process of choosing a leader would be down how much they contribute to the war itself, lets say how many players they kill or other small quests that can be done during the war, like reporting to a NPC while running through a battle field (pure fun), or maybe acquiring mats in the area to fix your race base, or protecting your colleague from opposing race.

theres a lot to choose from, but it can be done, plus this will bring other players together in a more community sense, because this time the actions you may choose might determin the future outcomes.

plus we get to settle the score to see which is the best race on each server..!
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This could be a fun event. I'd like to see it happen b:pleased

and tbh I don't think the TB would win every time. This sounds like a mass pvp event, and we're all aware that assassins are particularly spectacular at mass pvp, so why would it be different in a race war?