Zen question, PVP question...

Options
w0rt
w0rt Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
hi. I started to play PWI and before I waste too much time playing this game I would be really happy if you could answer me few questions.
Can you be good player with nice gear without spending real money for ZEN?
is pvp any good in PWI? (1v1, territorial war wise :)) I've heard it's not very good, but I'd like to hear more opinions..
Post edited by w0rt on

Comments

• Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    w0rt wrote: »
    hi. I started to play PWI and before I waste too much time playing this game I would be really happy if you could answer me few questions.
    Can you be good player with nice gear without spending real money for ZEN?
    is pvp any good in PWI? (1v1, territorial war wise :)) I've heard it's not very good, but I'd like to hear more opinions..

Obviously, for the best PVP and TW, the PVP Servers would be best. Maybe someone from one of those could expand on this, I have no idea...

With regards real money spending, it breaks down to this: the more money you spend, the faster you can get things. It DOES NOT make you a better player to spend money, you will just acquire things you want faster.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You need money to make money faster... I spent about $200 dollars during Anni Pack sale to set up my 5APS and took my profits to cat shop and invest into more money.

Charging only catalyzes the process. Farming can be equally as good without charging though, if you have the right set up.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It depends how much time you wanna spend playing. Just getting a char to 5.0 wont make u rich anymore really. Everyone have a high aps char now for pve (often more than 1, i have 2 myself and i know people with 3-4 chars at 4-5 aps lol), most instances are heavily over farmed due to this. To make a lot of coins you need to be prepared to spend many hours a day farming and also being flexible keeping track of what actually sells. The problem is not really farming stuff, its being able to sell it with the huge competition going on.

If you merchant for coins you also need to be prepared to spend several hours a day taking care of the "shops" (just 1 shop is often not enough). Checking whats sold, what you bought, checking how prices changed during the day and what the stalls around you are up to. Hunting for under priced items etc. Also keeping track of gold prices, taking advantage of sales. You need a few good millions to begin with to start merchanting.

So yeah u can be a good player and have really nice gear without charging anything, but you have to invest a lot of time in the game. I mean its easy to skip charging if you can no-life for coins 5-10 hours a day. If you're only a casual player you probably have to charge zen if you want endgame gear, high refines and all level 11 skills.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    just want to say regarding ^, ^^, and ^^^ :)

those 3 responses combined are maybe the best overall answer to a question i have ever seen. very nice.