The one thing mystics lack

Options
Archiel - Dreamweaver
Archiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Hi im loving my new mystic but i have noticed something as many others have and that is the mp burn rate, it is insane b:angry, and the one thing i think mystics really need is a mp recovering skill b:cry

do you agree? b:victory
Post edited by Archiel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I do agree. It seems like, since we're so "in touch with the earth" we would be able to tap into our mana regeneration rate xD. I think it's funny that the main mana user (and yes, I'd argue that mystics use the most mana if they are playing right [healing self, squad members, res buffing, keeping plants out, charging summons AND attacking themselves] Maybe not everyone does all that-- but I have high expectations of myself, lol) doesn't have a mana buff. I don't think it would make them over powered at all. It would just compensate for having to be everything and everyone and using soo much mana in the process.

After all we are a support class. Don't we get a little hand for helping others?

• magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think that is something everyone overlooks. Yes, all the magic classes burn mana rather quickly. Let's face it, no class burned through ALL their mana in under a minute before level 29. (Slight exaggeration, but not by much).

I demand a mana leak on the Yggdrasil tree to mystic! b:laugh
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    Sharazen - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Here's 3 solutions to your problem.

1.Plan ahead man and try not to overdo it. try to pace yourself. You need to try and go for a longhaul approach to grinding and find the fastest and most efficient method for the particular mob. also take into mind the distance between the mobs, their hp, whether they're ranged or melee, and the chance of you being swarmed. try not to use plant too much, after it's done attacking your mob it'll attack the closest the mob within it's range.
    Also remember your summon is a meat shield and a dd, you have nothing to lose if except some mana if dies. So be sure to sacrifice your when needed. they aren't veno pets they don't have any loyalty. Also only give it mana when situation actually needs it. Finally use punishing sting when soloing bosses.

2. Mp and HP pots. When you run out of mp head to a location where you won't be attacked, and use meditate with mp pots to regenerate you mana, be sure to FULLY regen you mana before you go back to grinding though it still drains pretty fast. Also don't use your heal so much, use some hp pots instead or in combo, saves you a **** load of mana.

3.Apothecary skills. Be sure to train em. having some life powder and the other stuff would be really useful for you. can't forget mp food. Will work wonders.

This should really help. Sry for the wall of text. ^^
  • _Zake_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zake_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    all i did was buy a mp charm.. problem solved. ;)
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea... thinking I'm gonna just rely on mp charms lol. Until the price of tokens goes down at least. Would be nice to have a plant that helped regen MP or something though >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    Sharazen - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes the burn through charm after charm like crazy. However if you want to save money and actually be efficient take a bit of what I learned and use it. What you learn might come in handy in pvp.

If wiz's and psy's can level without constantly using charms so can we.
  • klystron
    klystron Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    your making same mistake a lot of venos make. Let your pet/summonses do the work you will use very little mp that way and will not pull agro off your summons.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    klystron wrote: »
    your making same mistake a lot of venos make. Let your pet/summonses do the work you will use very little mp that way and will not pull agro off your summons.

Nah, it more like mystic basically has very high mana cost for their skills.

EG myst Nature's Vengeance 132 mana (Lv 36, used by absorb soul)
    UD veno Venomous Scarab 68 mana (Lv 45)

EG myst Falling Petals 378 mana (Lv 54)
    WE cler Iron Heart 229 mana (Lv 51)

EG myst Heal Summon 275 mana (Lv 52)
    UD veno Heal Pet 95 mana (Lv 93)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Semplisia - Sanctuary
    Semplisia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    klystron wrote: »

Its not that simple like a Veno.

First,because Veno's Pet doesn't need your mana do use skills(And they DO consume a significant amount of it)
    Secondly,because our pet's defense is quite lower than Veno's Golem(And even DD pets like the Scorpion),we need to heal WAY more times our pet than a Veno.

If you want to save mp by not giving to your pet,your pet will take much longer to kill a mob,hence he will need more heals,hence more mp.
    On the other hand if you feed constantly your Pet with Mp you will run out of it quite fast(And at my level(45),mp pots of my level can barely keep up with mp use).

So in short....no.
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ive grinded my way to level 64 and i must say i havent had a problem.

At the lower levels it could be a small problem but really not that big a deal. I had it worse on my psychic. I charge the devil with mana whenever i am not fighting and in fights i save the mana for my own attacks.

Now at level 60+ the mana is bountyful. Compared to my psychic i run out much slower and kill almost as fast. I thought it would be a lot worse. I understand that those who always use the costly skills can have some problem but i dont think it is a must to use them while grinding.
  • moonveno
    moonveno Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    mine mystic is lvl 37 and i already drained half of mine platinum mp charmb:chuckle
    well am savin some mp pots and i still have one platinum in storege and i gona train apo skill so it will work still for some time but am such mp eaterb:laugh
  • Stipulation - Heavens Tear
    Stipulation - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi im loving my new mystic but i have noticed something as many others have and that is the mp burn rate, it is insane b:angry, and the one thing i think mystics really need is a mp recovering skill b:cry

do you agree? b:victory

I find that due to the high mana burn im forced to approach mobs in 2 different ways. if im grinding i usually have my summon out, and command him to attack targets by hand (i have the attack keys mapped to my numpad, that way i just press tab to select and 1 to attack) while my character meditates, recalling my summon to cast pet heal every now and then.

If i want faster mob kills, i just hit natures vengeance once on a target, and get my summon to do the rest.

If i want to kill multiple mobs fast. I go for a natures vengence + soul absorb on 1, and set my summon on another target. the monster im casting at will get 1-2 hits on me, but i just heal myself back up after.

If im killing bosses, then I usually have mp potions on hand, and spam natures vengence + pet heals, prebuffing the pet with transferrence. This usually kills my mp completely, but its only reserved for boss fights. These skills I use because I do not have the ulti yet. I'm told it should potentially 1 hit KO with help of the summon.

I try to avoid using soul absorb during boss fights, as alot can go wrong in 5 seconds e.g. your pet dies etc.

Basically mp should be reserved for wen absolutely necessary.
  • kreap
    kreap Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There are several things I do to conserve mana, you should try to do some too:

1-Use level 1 swirling mist(yes, the dot spell) while backing your summon. level 1 costs just 12 MP and does decent dmg alone and the dot is a plus. drawbacks are the 5 secs CD and shorter range than the 100MP+ nature vengeance. again don't level mist and use it a lot!

2-leave absorb soul at level 1 early/mid game, AS after NV and the mob is either dead or the pet or mist can finish it. (don't spam NV it really drains)

3-leave your summons at level 1 if you are to use their skills, from what I've found the MP costs increase more than they should. (but this needs to be confirmed yet as the only guide available doesn't provide any help or warnings about leveling any of the summons...)

4-Use healing potions to heal yourself, don't use break in the clouds or falling petals unless really needed, I've got more than enough healing pots from box/quests but I can always buy more. also second wind can help if you're in pinch at early lvls.

5-use low levels resurrect, it's the only thing you can do for early levels resurrect mp burns. pace level it later at 50+

______
    hope this helps :D
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    veno MP/HP/Switch skill...TAKE THAT MYSTICS!b:avoid

On a serious note: thanks for the suggstions peoples.

I have a Mystic waiting around for the excitement to go down before I bust her out so it's super useful to see this. I'll continue to hoard HP/MP pots while I'm grinding on my veno b:pleased
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My mystic currently has "The Weak Stream of Many Miles" and mp regen isn't a problem. I'm going 2 vit, 7 mag, 1 str every 2 lvls. Anyways... I'm expecting this class to be insane mana spam late game which is expected till sage demon skills come out, I'm expecting some sort of management like infinispam clerics which just afk heal without ever needing to hit a pot. Point is, we were designed to burn charm. Why? Look at the seeker. They have a buff that eats mirages. MIRAGES. LOL

We just need to eat a few pots every now and then. Imagine 10k tokens, thats like 600coin a pot or something, thats not so bad. It will last us for a while poor seekers need to hit a mirage every now and then. Playing a bm, I would go through 3-5 weapons in a day, repair costs in the millions per week. 30-60k a day for potions is nothing.
  • kazecho
    kazecho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would agree with you on the mana problem, but overall it makes the class more interesting. To be completely honest, I think they really don't need to hand us more skills, or make things easier for the mystics. Mystics are overpowered, we were meant to be support class, but we can solo practically every world boss I've run into so far. In fact, while I love playing the class ALOT, I really don't want any more advantages. Just my opinion, though. It's interesting to read everyone's tactics at overcoming the mana weakness.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Remind me, its been a while since I've played. There are apoth items that increase your MP regen right?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Remind me, its been a while since I've played. There are apoth items that increase your MP regen right?

Yes, Lv2 Apoc item called Focus Powder. There's also a more direct mp pot that's cheaper to make* than other apocathery items (Jade Powder).

There are upgrades to those later on as well.

Edit: *Compared to other apoc items of that level.
  • _ZafirRose_ - Heavens Tear
    _ZafirRose_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually, i save allot of mp just by nuking the mobs b4 they reach me, and I DONT USE NO PET, i find it waaay easier not using a pet bcoz:

1:costs allot of mp

2: absorb soul complimented by natures vengeance can kill most mobs b4 they reach

3:not rly usefull unless ur luring

4:looks ugly xD

5:more of a challenge (if ur killing a boss or something, u can just use ur pet, heal, NV, heal,heal, transendence, heal,heal, repeat. but if ur not using a pet (like me) u get to actually do some awesome dmg and since we can heal ourselves, we can kill most mag bosses by ourselves or just with cleric (i can take qingzi and bh39 without pet))

At my lvl, i maxed both natures vengeance and absorb soul, and i 2 hit most mobs at my lvl, and to use those 2 skills its like 300-400 mp? and i got like 6k of it.

What i does do to always have mana and go with pots as long as i can is:

when my mp gets to around 20% go find a safe place to meditate and use 1 mp pot only, 1 ONLY, its enough bcoz if u got good mag ur mp recovery rate should be high. And, the reason i keep 20% mp is bcoz the place u go to might look safe, but the other mobs didnt respawn yet, and what would happen to you when it respawns right next to you and u got no mp? u can run away but it doesnt always work.

So, if u wanna rly save the pots, u should do this and NEVER EVER EVER use a summon, only for luring or a mob that u cant completely tank, and be surprised how good a mystic can tank if u add garnets, and u use ur verdant shell skill? i dont remember the name, we can take allot of dmg, and we can heal too, so its rly good.

and try to always heal urself, hp pots are only for emergencies, i dont even buy any, i just get them from the drops from mobs i kill, last time i got a stack of lvl 60 pots i think just by grinding xD. Ur mp recovery rate is high enough to rec 100-200 mp from a heal, so save ur money
  • NianZu - Raging Tide
    NianZu - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    A +MP Regen passive skill (like the +HP Regen the barbs have) would be great...
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well i heard that theres going to be a lvl79 skill that recovers mp, 2000mp over 30 secs with a 5min cooldown or something like that, its not the best thing in the world, but free mp is free :P... i think its also a heal too, im not sure about it, but theres a thread on here that shows it and all the other lvl79/100 skills.
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    while i do aggree that mystic is the most mana intensive class ive played, i think they still lack a control or aoe damage spell without using a plant would be nice. Since they already have a load of heal spells, i hope 79/100 skills dont have anything to do with healing.
    Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    while i do aggree that mystic is the most mana intensive class ive played, i think they still lack a control or aoe damage spell without using a plant would be nice.

Listless blossom and lysing works quite well, well if all the party are mainly focusing on 1 mob and theres a fair few that are just stood there hitting the tank, and thicket is a really good control AoE, gale force too..but to a much lesser extent as opposed to thicket.

i would agree on the heals too but unfortunately its already been decided it seems.
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    u should do this and NEVER EVER EVER use a summon, only for luring or a mob that u cant completely tank, and be surprised how good a mystic can tank if u add garnets, and u use ur verdant shell skill? i dont remember the name, we can take allot of dmg, and we can heal too, so its rly good.

Pro advice right there. Don't ever use a summon with a class that revolves around them. While we're at it, let's all stop using pets on our venos, too, and didn't you know that using a veno's debuffs is so fail nowadays? Clerics shouldn't heal, they should just DD all the time, because cleric heals are so 2010. Oh, and barbs shouldn't tank, because repair bills add up.

b:bye
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pro advice right there. Don't ever use a summon with a class that revolves around them. While we're at it, let's all stop using pets on our venos, too, and didn't you know that using a veno's debuffs is so fail nowadays? Clerics shouldn't heal, they should just DD all the time, because cleric heals are so 2010. Oh, and barbs shouldn't tank, because repair bills add up.

b:bye

^^ Much love for you

And all this stuff about Mystics needing a mana recovery skill; think about your poor clerics :O. They handle just fine, no? They're the real support class :).

And i havn't found mana that mush of a problem really, and i have my little lvl 35 :) (Then again, my mains are a veno and a cleric..... might explain something >,>)
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • nev12kg
    nev12kg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I find that due to the high mana burn im forced to approach mobs in 2 different ways. if im grinding i usually have my summon out, and command him to attack targets by hand (i have the attack keys mapped to my numpad, that way i just press tab to select and 1 to attack) while my character meditates, recalling my summon to cast pet heal every now and then.

If i want faster mob kills, i just hit natures vengeance once on a target, and get my summon to do the rest.

If i want to kill multiple mobs fast. I go for a natures vengence + soul absorb on 1, and set my summon on another target. the monster im casting at will get 1-2 hits on me, but i just heal myself back up after.

If im killing bosses, then I usually have mp potions on hand, and spam natures vengence + pet heals, prebuffing the pet with transferrence. This usually kills my mp completely, but its only reserved for boss fights. These skills I use because I do not have the ulti yet. I'm told it should potentially 1 hit KO with help of the summon.

I try to avoid using soul absorb during boss fights, as alot can go wrong in 5 seconds e.g. your pet dies etc.

Basically mp should be reserved for wen absolutely necessary.

Yeah, 5 seconds IS a long period, but if you have "Rapid Growth" in use, it might not be a problem. ^~^
    (My own strategy)
    b:pleased
    I try to avoid mp use all together cept for summoning. In terms of PvE, (even in boss fights.) Summon, command it to attack, "don't worry with healing it." Watch the summons hp, and when it get's low, summon your "punishing sting" plant near the target. When the summon dies, the plant will take aggro, and you can summon a pet again while the plant has aggro. "heal pet to make it have full hp if needed" As soon as you summon, order the summon to attack, and repeat the process if the summons hp gets low. This will save A LOT of mp, and ensure that aggro stays off YOU. Also, after you re-summon, and the summon takes aggro again, if the punishing sting plant is still alive, it wouldn't hurt to use the "lysing" skill on it to deal a lil extra dmg. (Lysing costs very little mp.) Of course, you could let it sit there and attack more, but you're gonna have to re-summon the plant anyways to regain it's hp, so that when the time comes for it to take aggro, it doesn't die or disappear on you. Keeps you safe at low mp costs. ^~^
    b:victory
    This obviously does not apply to PvP, as anyone with any brains will ignore the summon and go for you. If you can see the attacker coming, set a healing herb or vital herb next to you. Combine with Falling Pedals and Verdant Shell, anyone your lv or lower will have a harder time killing you. Combine your summon attacks with your own to deal dmg, and heal yourself with Break in the Clouds. Costs mp to pull off, but works (against people around your lv or lower.). If it get's to the point your hp is still running down, summon another healing herb to keep it out "only lasts 1 min." and start sending over mp to your summon if you havn't already, (Preferably the devil summon) and when it has enough chi, use it's stun move. Stop healing and start blasting at the lil fail that had the nerve to strike at you. >;3
    There is no way to avoid running down on mp in PvP, unless ya use charms/ pots/ exc.
    Get used to it.......unless the devs are nice and give us some sort of mp skill at later lvs.

o.o What if you had an active ability to convert chi into mana? o.o That's an idea. Maybe at the cost of a spark or 2, or hp even.

In PvP those who don't buy gold for mp charms, or lack the coin to buy pots will need such a skill.
    I combine my PvE strategy with an mp charm, xD, so I'll be fine.
    MP SKILL! MP SKILL! MP SKILL!b:angry Dont leave us hangin devs!b:sadb

If you have actually read all of this, I salute you.b:bye
  • NianZu - Raging Tide
    NianZu - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nev12kg wrote: »
    I try to avoid mp use all together cept for summoning. In terms of PvE, (even in boss fights.) Summon, command it to attack, "don't worry with healing it." Watch the summons hp, and when it get's low, summon your "punishing sting" plant near the target. When the summon dies, the plant will take aggro, and you can summon a pet again while the plant has aggro. "heal pet to make it have full hp if needed" As soon as you summon, order the summon to attack, and repeat the process if the summons hp gets low. This will save A LOT of mp, and ensure that aggro stays off YOU. Also, after you re-summon, and the summon takes aggro again, if the punishing sting plant is still alive, it wouldn't hurt to use the "lysing" skill on it to deal a lil extra dmg. (Lysing costs very little mp.) Of course, you could let it sit there and attack more, but you're gonna have to re-summon the plant anyways to regain it's hp, so that when the time comes for it to take aggro, it doesn't die or disappear on you. Keeps you safe at low mp costs. ^~^

Lvl 7 Devil Chihyu costs almost 700 mana, while lvl 7 heal costs 170 and heals him for his whole hp
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^ Much love for you

And all this stuff about Mystics needing a mana recovery skill; think about your poor clerics :O. They handle just fine, no? They're the real support class :).
    My mystic takes 3-4 times the mp food my cleric does in one fast fc run.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Grap a bunch of mp recovery items like weak stream, nature's breath, pants, shirt with mp recovery etc. summon chiyu, send it in and meditate. you are now a bm with no repair costsb:laugh. but seriously, if u noticed, the new classes were designed to eat cash.

psychic buff makes charm tick faster, sins are pretty obvious cash sinks, seeker eats diamonds and poops buffs. mystic is a druggy with a need for an mp fix every 30seconds. thats some heavy addiction.
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Grap a bunch of mp recovery items like weak stream, nature's breath, pants, shirt with mp recovery etc. summon chiyu, send it in and meditate. you are now a bm with no repair costsb:laugh. but seriously, if u noticed, the new classes were designed to eat cash.

psychic buff makes charm tick faster, sins are pretty obvious cash sinks, seeker eats diamonds and poops buffs. mystic is a druggy with a need for an mp fix every 30seconds. thats some heavy addiction.

lol Yeap.

I suppose be happy tokens are so cheap atm.

I have 15k event mp pots in my bank atm, Just hope they last till the next pack sale. b:chuckle
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui