Perfect World VS Forsaken World?

Options
2»

Comments

• Miingkey - Lost City
    Miingkey - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PWI is broken almost beyond repair and it's expansion + FW are disappointing.

Most ppl in PWI are just sticking around to hang out with friends and try to make the best out of whatever's left to enjoy,but the "hype" & excitement is pretty much dead/dying.

wow so true :*(
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm, no.

There are plenty of F2P games that don't require the cash shop to stay competitive.

name 10 of them, i dare you. better yet ill make it easy for ya, name 5 of them instead.

and games like starcraft 2 better not be in ur list.
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The game Rwar mentioned has hands down one of the best PvP systems out there. However what it lacks is genuinely fun PvE.

As for PWI vs FW I would say that atm I would love to continue playing PWI but the developers refuse to nerf aps, nerf sins, rebalance the skills and make anything that is even borderline attractive to me. With r9 all over the place PvP is a 1/2 shot affair. As for FW it also looks destined for the same fate due to the unobtainable masteries for non-cash shoppers.

Quite honestly the GMs lack of responsiveness on key issues and the developers lack of initiative in maintaining game balance plus the cash shops ability to power you up way way way beyond what the average player can afford are reasons why my credit card will remain inactive for these games.

When they stop thinking with their pockets first and refocus and what makes gaming fun then they can see my money again.

Kinda like why I left console gaming. Everything for a while became about prettier games and somehow everyone forgot what a good storyline and good game mechanics were. If not for Nintendo the gaming industry would have taken a nice dive.
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PWI is broken almost beyond repair and it's expansion + FW are disappointing.

Most ppl in PWI are just sticking around to hang out with friends and try to make the best out of whatever's left to enjoy,but the "hype" & excitement is pretty much dead/dying.

FW isn't broken atm(although I already heard of some existing glitches)but from what I'm seeing on the forums it won't be long till it'll become a sinking ship just like PWI.

But if you really want to play one of these 2 mmos then I'd suggest FW since every1 is starting out from scratch while most ppl in PWI are already all set for end-game.

/thread

Pretty much summed it up. Ive been playing the fw for the past few weeks so i cant really say to much for it. Its fun, the graphics are great. I like the steampunk theme it has going for it. Coming back to pwi the asian theme and music feels like a big eyesore tbh lol. Loving the dailies theres always like 10 things going on every hour, so you can get into some fun stuff at any givin moment. I look at pwi and it feels like the game is honestly broken. You cant walk down a slight hill ANYwhere without snapping back. (Rubberbanding) Certain classes just plain arent needed due to unbalance. Many many many npcs that have no use, im assuming because this 5 year old game is still unfinished. So if i had to choose between the 2 i'd say start fresh on FW, its currently un****ed up as of yet, although im sure it will be in time since its f2p. Good luck :)
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    name 10 of them, i dare you. better yet ill make it easy for ya, name 5 of them instead.

and games like starcraft 2 better not be in ur list.

sshhh. before a mod closes this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The game Rwar mentioned has hands down one of the best PvP systems out there. However what it lacks is genuinely fun PvE.

As for PWI vs FW I would say that atm I would love to continue playing PWI but the developers refuse to nerf aps, nerf sins, rebalance the skills and make anything that is even borderline attractive to me. With r9 all over the place PvP is a 1/2 shot affair. As for FW it also looks destined for the same fate due to the unobtainable masteries for non-cash shoppers.

Quite honestly the GMs lack of responsiveness on key issues and the developers lack of initiative in maintaining game balance plus the cash shops ability to power you up way way way beyond what the average player can afford are reasons why my credit card will remain inactive for these games.

When they stop thinking with their pockets first and refocus and what makes gaming fun then they can see my money again.

Kinda like why I left console gaming. Everything for a while became about prettier games and somehow everyone forgot what a good storyline and good game mechanics were. If not for Nintendo the gaming industry would have taken a nice dive.
    i agree with this a lot, even if it is very general complaint and not rly focused about pwi xD

one thing i learn is that if u want content... go to either single player game or p2p game... in both case they make their money on "content".. would they really get customers if all their efforts were focused on making u pay for gear and not expansion of content?

the f2p industry only about milking ppls addiction.... in way more case than not f2p games only make a base content... from there they just upgrade their cash shop.. only rarely expanding their content, fixing bugs, or having good customer service

the main draw to the f2p for a cash shopper is epeen... f2p users will get things slower...

pwi draw ppl with "free" facade... the population rises with f2p players which brings in internet person with low self esteem want to make ppl impressed with gear... they cash shop.... then it becomes social... other ppl see the results of it... they cash shop

high amount of populace gets so addicted to game it becomes like crack addict... even if u tell them its bad and r honest... they lash out and make excuses to justify addiction

in pwi vs fw sense theres no difference just a more polished eye candy but the way f2p model work and the way pw business model is.. if u played pw for more than a year uve seen what its like... just go play another type of game... playing in f2p industry for a while should scare of ppl from ever coming back
  • Archimboldi - Archosaur
    Archimboldi - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @eden
    Ok, subtract cash shop and how is this different than any other MMO that wants reliable, returning gamers? And, don't quote me on this but I think, mind you only this is my assumption, a crack addiction is a little different ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CHALAAA HEAD CHALAAA
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.