Vortex/Aoes and weapon addons

Zyhark - Lost City
Zyhark - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
Ok, so the new Vortex is supposed to be an extreme mana draining skill, while being able to deal damage extremely well on groups of mobs.

Can this be used to our advantage? As in, Can ,while this skill is running, Blood Defect or Enlighten proc?
I ask this because, though not seeming like much, 5% mana from Enlighten, being able to proc while attacking 15 mobs, is a good chance that it will proc on every swing. 5% mana is not even close to the amount that is consumed by said skill. But it would help ease the load on the player by possibly allowing the player to get by with only charm and no pots.

Or on the other hand, Blood Defect (which is 10% hp), Could make this into a very easy time tanking with both Blood Paint and Blood Defect if it could proc.

In case of Tl;DR, read this last line.
Can Sword Addons, such as Enlighten and Blood Defect, Porc while in Vortex?

Thanks for your answers and discussion.
At Your Service,
Zyhark, Director of Dhara
Post edited by Zyhark - Lost City on

Comments

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For a long time now, archer weapon addons proc when using BoA. I guess it would work the same with the seeker AoE.

From what I read, the seeker AoE at lvl10 is more mana intensive than demon BoA which consumes around 650 mana every 3 seconds. Given the mana requirement, I doubt this skill can be used to its full potential outside of RB. If you intend to use it outside, I would suggest keeping it at lvl1 or max lvl2.

Why? Even at lvl1, it would dish out considerable damage.

lvl10 BoA deals 200% weapon damage + 4585.6 every 3 seconds
    lvl1 Vortex would deal 110% weapon damage + 8982.4 every 3 seconds

Accpeted the base weapon damage of a ranged weapon is much higher than a sword...but lvl1 is still damaging considering a seeker would have much better def and HP than an equally geared archer.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    578.2 Mana every 3 seconds is still a ridiculous amount for a HA class. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Zyhark - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I know weapon addons will proc with BM aoes and such, but as this is a "continue until man is too low or cancelled skill, it may be different)

Also it is more mana draining, but as I want to use this skill as a zhen/power leveling tool, I would like to keep it to level.

I believe with a good weapon(I'm thinking along the lines of Gold Dragons Voyage[ http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20265 ] with enlighten) that the increased damage would outweigh the increased mana consumption. But as I am not high level yet with my seeker(level 31 currently, taking it nice and slow) , I have plenty of time to find out things and decide on my options.
    At Your Service,
  • Kisame_H - Sanctuary
    Kisame_H - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For a long time now, archer weapon addons proc when using BoA. I guess it would work the same with the seeker AoE.

From what I read, the seeker AoE at lvl10 is more mana intensive than demon BoA which consumes around 650 mana every 3 seconds. Given the mana requirement, I doubt this skill can be used to its full potential outside of RB. If you intend to use it outside, I would suggest keeping it at lvl1 or max lvl2.

Why? Even at lvl1, it would dish out considerable damage.

lvl10 BoA deals 200% weapon damage + 4585.6 every 3 seconds
    lvl1 Vortex would deal 110% weapon damage + 8982.4 every 3 seconds

Accpeted the base weapon damage of a ranged weapon is much higher than a sword...but lvl1 is still damaging considering a seeker would have much better def and HP than an equally geared archer.

Seeker deal dmg every 1.5sec, not every 3secb:victory
  • Weeter - Heavens Tear
    Weeter - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have lvl 9 Vortex the the dmg is extreme.. 406.7 mana a range of 11.6 Meters, Dmg is Base Dmg + 95% Weapon+7430 every 1.5 Seonds. In FF the mobs (20 or more) I can AOE solo with out a cleric jsut give me blood paint.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    578.2 Mana every 3 seconds is still a ridiculous amount for a HA class. :|
    Archers get around the same mana pool seekers get. Its not much of a difference at lvl1. Would need to spam mana foods to keep it up. Any thing above lvl1 would probably need a mana charm (maybe +mana shards/equips might help as well) to keep it up.
    Seeker deal dmg every 1.5sec, not every 3secb:victory
    Read the skill lvl and the damage I mentioned again. It was for comparison sake.
  • Rendrin - Sanctuary
    Rendrin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im using TT90 Gold zerk sword, zerk procs while spinning.

Even if there is no more target in area zerk keeps procing o.o
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sounds wonderful, as long as it doesnt drain as much charm as my cleric =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Swirlz - Lost City
    Swirlz - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sounds Wonderful, As Long As It Doesnt Drain As Much Charm As My Cleric =p

Moar!
  • Etsuna - Heavens Tear
    Etsuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    imagine using vortex in rb while wearing Unbowed One dual blades... b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Susylu for the siggy b:thanks
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you dont really need hp recovering procs. with bp, a crappy geared seeker can solo a full pull in the exp room. yes, no bb, no cleric.

the mana drain is quite a lot but i think that can be covered by a charm even at lvl10.
    ofc, tick tick tick...:p
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zyhark - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I know I don't really need them. But it could be useful on single targets or PVP(yes I know sacstrike would be better for pvp). I'd much rather the Mp recovering proc. Would be useful to not hurt the charm as much.
    At Your Service,