Perfect World VS Forsaken World?

onarye
onarye Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Im happy to say i've chosen pw entertainment to be my next saga of gaming. With the release of FW in a few days and many closed betas which game do you think has the edge for players fun etc.. I want to play one of them and would like to have an opinion from someone who has played both games and has seen most aspects.

-Ona
Post edited by onarye on

Comments

• WizardCraft - Harshlands
    WizardCraft - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Asking such a questions on a PWI forum, will get you nothing but a biased answers.

PWE all about pay to win , no matter what game you choose.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PWI is broken almost beyond repair and it's expansion + FW are disappointing.

Most ppl in PWI are just sticking around to hang out with friends and try to make the best out of whatever's left to enjoy,but the "hype" & excitement is pretty much dead/dying.

FW isn't broken atm(although I already heard of some existing glitches)but from what I'm seeing on the forums it won't be long till it'll become a sinking ship just like PWI.

But if you really want to play one of these 2 mmos then I'd suggest FW since every1 is starting out from scratch while most ppl in PWI are already all set for end-game.

/thread
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They tried to improve FW from PWI by making it more "user friendly" and eliminating grinding.

But a new grind exists, in daily quests, you run and run and run to different npcs like a thousand times a day to do all your quests, honestly I would say actual grinding is more fun than that.
    edited March 2011
    They tried to improve FW from PWI by making it more "user friendly" and eliminating grinding.

But a new grind exists, in daily quests, you run and run and run to different npcs like a thousand times a day to do all your quests, honestly I would say actual grinding is more fun than that.

Yes it is :P
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    FW is fun until you hit 30ish, for me anyways. After that you pretty much rely exclusively on dailies to level. Somehow that's more boring to me than killing the same mobs over and over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Tried FW, got to level 20, very repetetive, no customization, boring skills, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Most ppl in PWI are just sticking around to hang out with friends and try to make the best out whatever's left to enjoy,but the "hype" & excitement is pretty much dead/dying.

Have you been spying on me? b:embarrass
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • ShaoliXen - Lost City
    ShaoliXen - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fw Isn't Broken Atm(although I Already Heard Of Some Existing Glitches)but From What I'm Seeing On The Forums It Won't Be Long Till It'll Become A Sinking Ship Just Like Pwi.

/thread

+100000000000000000
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the irony is that PW is still among one of the best f2p games out there. ppl that go to other f2p games will find out that those f2p games are 100x more CS reliant then PW is and quickly come back to PW.

example: in another game i play that i wont mention the name to have just release a "100% success" scroll. this scroll essentiall grants 100% success to convert a weapon to the highest tier of weapon in the game.

to put that in PWI terms, imagine upgrading to +12 with 100% success just by buying a item. or having the best equipment in the game available to u just by charging ur card. oh wait...........

moral of the story, all f2p games are the same. the problems that exist in PW will exist in other f2p games. PWI will become more and more CS reliant just like other games. pick one and be happy or join a p2p MMO b:bye
    edited March 2011
    moral of the story, all f2p games are the same. the problems that exist in PW will exist in other f2p games. PWI will become more and more CS reliant just like other games. pick one and be happy or join a p2p MMO b:bye

And for this reason I think it's best if you got a faction or group that will stick together and not be bound to 1 game so that you can play it while it's good and leave it when it goes to hell. Despite the fact that it can be pretty hard to find such a group that agrees on everything it could help some ppl quit for good because the way it is now,I see old school players that quit even a year and a half ago,coming back to the game.

There's something about PWI that's "addicting" if I may,I guess it's the community,time spent here,getting used to it or still having a slight hope that one day they're actually gonna take care of the game.b:surrender
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011

QFT

There is no "perfect" game. I don't know why people are so cynical. If there was something better out there that was the golden game, wouldn't everybody know about it?

In the grand scheme of online gaming, PWI has the same basics as hundreds of others.

Based on it's own merit though, it's a good game.

FW is more of the same. Really just depends on your view

Do you want to jump into a game that's been out for several years? This of course means that you'll be a disadvantage at first simply because you started the race late.

or

Do you want to join a brand new game, where the knowledge of the game won't be too extreme from person to person? With the only people being ahead of the game being the ones who did the closed beta? But even then, they only have knowledge on how to play, not a character since everyone's character was wiped.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried Forsaken World in the open "closed" beta 4 stage, got up to level 25, and I'm really not sure about that game. PWI has far more customization than FW, and that's what I really like. In PWI you can be a AA or HA veno, or a AA or LA cleric, or similar and still have a decent build. In FW you can't even assign stat points and the gear is assigned by class. You can't even attempt to wear another class' gear. Character customization is similarly stunted in FW, compared to PWI.

Also, in FW most of the instances are only available during certain times of day and/or on certain days of the week. This can make things tough for someone who tends to play at the wrong time of day.

Still, there are some nice things about FW, such as overall better graphics (some of PWI's graphics are showing their age), better autopathing, and an interesting attempt to prevent gold farming. The pet combination system sounds interesting, but I didn't really try that. They try to do more than just grinding quests, but they pretty much just substitute that with more running around quests. Personally, I'd rather kill stuff than run around (probably why I don't do World Quest much in PWI).

But right now it's early in FW's history and PWI is a much more mature game. I'm sure as things go on FW will get much better.

I don't know, I may just go back to it to see if I can make a workable vampire healer (so far seems OK, except for the clerics that get upset when you heal for them :-P ), but I haven't decided yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the irony is that PW is still among one of the best f2p games out there. ppl that go to other f2p games will find out that those f2p games are 100x more CS reliant then PW is and quickly come back to PW.

example: in another game i play that i wont mention the name to have just release a "100% success" scroll. this scroll essentiall grants 100% success to convert a weapon to the highest tier of weapon in the game.

to put that in PWI terms, imagine upgrading to +12 with 100% success just by buying a item. or having the best equipment in the game available to u just by charging ur card. oh wait...........

Ummm, no.

There are plenty of F2P games that don't require the cash shop to stay competitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Give Forsaken World 365 days since its official public launch.

Then anyone who went to forsaken world will understand that the 365 days playing forsaken world would have been better spent in PW.

Annipack attack!
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PWI: PWE's first MMO.

FW: Combination of all of PWE's game thrown into one.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shalandra_ - Sanctuary
    Shalandra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Give Forsaken World 365 days since its official public launch.
    Whenever that will be.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ummm, no.

There are plenty of F2P games that don't require the cash shop to stay competitive.

And yet you don't provide the name of a single one...
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mastery and resistance training is what's gonna destroy FW. To fully max a mastery to lv100 you need 400 diamonds (40,000 gold), which is equivalent to $6,666, roughly if mercury statuettes sell @ 3g each which is normal price. (FW has this system to prevent leaf prices to go up too much).

Typically classes have 2 masteries to max, and 7 resistances. Resistances are 60% cheaper but there's so many more of them so much worse in the end. $28,000 to max all resistances, and with 2 masteries you're looking at more than $41,000.

Keep in mind that this excludes all the uber gear upgrades and high level gems that will cost a small fortune as well.

...and even with that I'm still playing it over PWI for the moment, because it doesn't have the crappy mechanics like -interval and such. I'm only posting here cause server got wiped already and it's a 2 day downtime until OB zzz.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Whenever that will be.

The ninth... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    jemima wrote: »
    And yet you don't provide the name of a single one...

You can't advertise other games on the forums, therefore, hoping to see a list on here is rather silly.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shalandra_ - Sanctuary
    Shalandra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The ninth... lol

Ya I know. Of this month of next year. :)

*snicker*
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    I tried Forsaken World in the open "closed" beta 4 stage, got up to level 25, and I'm really not sure about that game. PWI has far more customization than FW, and that's what I really like. In PWI you can be a AA or HA veno, or a AA or LA cleric, or similar and still have a decent build. In FW you can't even assign stat points and the gear is assigned by class. You can't even attempt to wear another class' gear. Character customization is similarly stunted in FW, compared to PWI.

Also, in FW most of the instances are only available during certain times of day and/or on certain days of the week. This can make things tough for someone who tends to play at the wrong time of day.

Still, there are some nice things about FW, such as overall better graphics (some of PWI's graphics are showing their age), better autopathing, and an interesting attempt to prevent gold farming. The pet combination system sounds interesting, but I didn't really try that. They try to do more than just grinding quests, but they pretty much just substitute that with more running around quests. Personally, I'd rather kill stuff than run around (probably why I don't do World Quest much in PWI).

But right now it's early in FW's history and PWI is a much more mature game. I'm sure as things go on FW will get much better.

I don't know, I may just go back to it to see if I can make a workable vampire healer (so far seems OK, except for the clerics that get upset when you heal for them :-P ), but I haven't decided yet.

I agree with everything he said. Also, I've tried every PWE game except HoTK, yet PWI is the best. Even through the QQ that doesn't exist much on the other game forums and whatnot. PWI is just the best if you want a game to play long term.

The second best so far was jade dynasty, but after a while the dailies are the only thing you do to level, and those get horrible boring. Also, the auto-bot esper thing is boring as well. No stat points.
    Battle of the Immortals was basically the same things as jd, do dailies and level. You get stat points, but doesn't make much difference since you wear the same class restricted armors anyways. The instances were limited to a certain amount of runs per day as well.
    Ether saga is just too cutesy, nothing I could ever play long term.

Not sure if you were wondering about the other games, but there's a small bit of my thoughts on some of them. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For something positive about FW now, the PvP is much superior than PWI, more dynamic and balanced. The wrath system makes it more interesting, but the only downside is the lack of epic skills right now -- by this I mean something similar to 2-spark skills in PWI (due to the chi system), something that you can't use instantly, but also can't spam it.

Would be nice if getting a redhand would unlock some epic skills instead of just being more damage.

Last war in FW CB video.

Everything is much better in FW with the exception of that mastery/resistance insane stuff making cash shoppers very overpowered, because the costs are absurd.
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PWI Hands Down Even though its a Bad Game now its still Shines in some Aspects
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    even if FW is destined to the same fate, itll provide some fresh drama/entertainment for a few months that pwi cant hold a candle to anymore. people are incredibly unmotivated/uninterested here, but with good reason. i think every server is experieincing that effect where most players who matter prefer to just sit in their secluded corners with their friends.nobody really plays this game for all that its worth anymore, they instead just "tolerate it"

..which, when talking about a game, is just sad that its come to that.. a social gathering, more than anything else.

edward hong: http://www.mmogamesite.com/news/perfect-world-fourth-quarter-earnings-plummet-54-as-its-online-games-lose-advantage.html
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have tried FW, it has potential but also many small annoying things... Forsaken World = Battle of the Immortals in 3D. xD First, there are no Archers (in both games)... -_- Your character has to rely on a pet (in both games). If you want to deal lotsa damage, get a good pet with epic skills. I'm not fond of the character customization and the lack of skills. I know we have a talent tree, but that's another story. The biggest downside of FW is CRAFTING. If you run out of Vigor (was that the name?) you cannot craft until it recharges. You gain 12 vigor per hour... That means, for example, you can make 12 potions per hour. lol, enough for like 5 minutes? I really hate their crafting system... Most classes run out of mana / HP in after a few mobs... Bleh.

PWI does have flaws, but it offers more skills to learn and has a better gameplay than FW. Crafting is not limited, the character customization is better (we even have dyeable fashion). Our daily quests are not time limited like the events on FW, we can do them anytime, not only at 4pm (for example). PWI > FW.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried both and sincerly.. Both have good things going for them.

Long list of what I figured out :

1 - Crafting :

PW has now 5 crafts,
    FW has 12 (How useful though not sure, just had 4 before wipe)

FW wins

2 - Pets :

PW has Venos that can use attack pets, Mystics that can summon, and all class for all.
    FW has pets that can attack for everyone, pet interface better, can combine them..

FW wins

3 - Customization :

PW has very intense customization, cheek depth etc..
    FW (In beta at least) 6-7 faces per char, 6-7 haircuts, no "morphing" allowed..

PW wins

4 - Stats :

PW can allow stats where u want each level, more personalize your char
    FW has auto-stats each level.. (Ur a mage, ur gonna gain "x" hp and "y" mp each lvl..

PW wins

5 - Equipement

PW has equipements anyone can use (or close...) if u have stats for them and a lot of different "mods" possible
    FW has class restricted equipements.

PW wins

6 - Graphics

PW starts to show it's age , although EG area is nice
    FW has pretty nifty graphics

FW wins

7 - Music

PW can bring you to sleep why u play
    FW, a bit less..Better overall soundtrack

FW wins

8 - SKills

PW has a skill tree for each char, most skills can go to lvl 11 (sage/demon)
    FW unlocks 3 skill trees per chars at lvl 20, allowing to fine tweak ur char to your liking a lot more.

FW seems to win this

9 - Classes/Races mix

PW has now 10 that can be mostly male or female (except barb/veno) so 18
    FW has , well, more possibilities, but limitations (Tank is made of rock and male, dwarfs are the archers..)

FW wins to my eyes although not sure big differences between human priest and elf priest

10 - Quests

PW has quite a bit, some nice dailies, tideborn, new EG area ones..new emissary ones..
    FW has a lot of quests opening around lvl 10, some are just npc to npc though.

PW wins for now..

11- Events

PW has wraith attacks, Arch invasion, Celestial Tiger and maybe few random ones..
    FW has events almost each hour, harbor invasion, town invasion, fishing, etc..

FW seems to win this.

12 - Auto-pathing

PW let's u hit walls, trees if u auto-path somewhere and go make coffee.
    FW will get u there

FW wins

13 - Instances

PW has FB's/BH's/TT/FC/Nirvana/Warsong/Cube/Delta and might forget one
    FW was unfinished. Saw 4. They are mostly very small compared to PW so maybe good for people in a hurry.

PW wins for now

14 - Map

PW is free roaming, u can go fight lvl 105 mobs when ur 10 if u want, teleports can get costy though, but u can fly.
    FW is "sector based" with invisible walls. Can't fly, but most teleports I saw are free.

PW wins

15 - Boutique

PW has A LOT
    FW is pretty bland

PW wins.

16 - Actions

PW u can sit, dance, embrace, kiss or play dead from lvl 1
    FW u must quest and "learn" them

PW wins

17 - Squad making

PW, U can have ur "regulars" or go disk or WC for what I call "randoms" and be surprised if u get pro's or not so pro's.
    TW, U can hit a button a apply to a instance, so if someone seeks a member, outta the blue a pop-up will show inviting you to join it. More chances of getting "noobs" though

Tie for a few reasons. TW is VERY innovative, PW u can filter if u ask class/level and it's uneven so giving this point to one would unbalance the whole thing, b:chuckle

For now it's all, let's do count :

PW : 8
    FW : 8

So..Depends on point of view I guess :)
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Dragon Orbs, anyone?

Sad but true, almost all "free to play" mmo's out there are just as CS-oriented or almost as CS-oriented as PWI.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ummm, no.

Can you give some examples?

I can only think of Guild Wars and that isn't really F2P that is more pay-once and play.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    To guy who made a List did you really say "FW has better Graphics then PWI" U must have never seen PWI on Max Settings bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.