Challenge 5 P(WI)NTM 2011

pwicontest
pwicontest Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
4seasons_1.png

So, results aren't up yet but the show must go on~!

For this week, the challenge is pretty straightforward, the theme is:

The 4 Seasons~

As expected, you've all been randomly paired up with a season as follows:

_Agrona_ : Spring

Estiah : Summer

Temara : Fall

Xainou: Winter

The deadline will be on the

10th of March 2011, Thursday, at 11.59pm PST

Again, mail us your entries, ONE per person, to this account, before the deadline!

We're nearing the final now so give it all you've got! Good luck everyone! Looking forward to your entries!

PS. Please take note of the deadline ._.
Post edited by pwicontest on

Comments

• Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *sees the banner* Whut, bacon..? O__O
    *rubs sleep out of eyes* Ooooh, seasons lol
    *thinks about it*
    Hm...
    Damn, I know I got winter.
    *scrolls down*
    Ok winter it is xD

Thats funny, I knew 100% which I have gotten before looking b:laugh
    And yay, ideas :D
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Estiah - Dreamweaver
    Estiah - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ohhh Summer ^w^

looks like its time to go find a good sunrise spot again..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy By Belle~
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Sent off...

Linking from dA is a pain if you want it fullsized x_x'
    Had some very awesome shots that didnt quite fit the challenge but just blew me away :3
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • pwicontest
    pwicontest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, it wasn't expected, but there were only two entries in so no disqualification again this week.

So, our first for this week is:

summercopy.png

And not far behind...

wintercopy.png

Estiah beat Xainou just by one point to get top spot! So, congrats you two, you both well deserve to be in the final :)

This contest will soon be winding up, so keep yourselves posted for the final challenge!
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've really enjoyed watching this contest guys! I hope I have enough time for the next one...especially since my spring break is after this next week.

*hinthintnudgenudge* b:chuckle

Anyway! Those last two screenies are really good, this is going to be a close call for finalist. o__o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OMG, I ABSOLUTELY HATE how the contest turned out.
    It is sad that most of the time there was no need for elimination.

I do realize that some people COULDN'T deliver their work because of this or that, but some people... just... (in order to not start flames) ... DIDN'T.

It sucks!!! BIG TIME!!!

Why?

Mainly because there was not much emotion in this contest. I was so looking forward to the adrenaline, drama and stress connected with the every - week - eliminations. *MY CHAR WAS not IN THE CONTEST*

Instead, we had just 1 REAL elimination...

Kinda disrespectful, because some people, who didn't get in to the top 10 could have pulled it through...

Gratz to the 2 still standing. Hope next time we won't get to know that there was only 1 screenie sent...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    buttercupcruella, your name suits you well b:sweat

Lovely screenies again, a *bit* disappointed to see they're aren't more but hey, life > PWI.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Cruella, this is smack dab in the middle of school time of course things like this were going to happen. Hopefully they'll do a next contest soon because spring break is rolling around for many people.

~Overall I'm happy for the lack of pointless drama. I find no drama completely different than no emotion.

There also WAS SOME tension, adrenaline, and emotion for people who were actually in the contest. I remember many stressing about their own schedule, which screenshots to pick, and heck not even coming up with any good ones at all. Especially with not knowing what the other screenies looked like.
    And isn't having only two people left so suddenly because other's didn't show full of drama? It's certainly making some people react dramatically. Heheh.

~Though what do you mean no need for elimination? o.o It's how the entire contest worked...and if you mean no need because no screenshots were crappy then...that's a matter of separate opinions. Also up to the judges. I don't think it was about 'crappy' screenshots either. Just the best ones that showed the theme.
    ~Also confused by you saying there were no 'real' eliminations. I'm pretty sure save for the very first time I dropped out at the beginning people were eliminated every time. Save for this last one as well.

Did you just want people to make a bigger deal over it verbally in the forum???

Anyway I don't see how any of this is disrespectful in the slightest to..well...anyone. o__o People who were eliminated were eliminated because their screenshots were not up to par that week with others or the theme. And...that's how it was supposed to work. Also with the deadlines of course some people aren't going to make it. Life happens.

Maybe having more people with the next contest will solve dissatisfaction. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ~Also confused by you saying there were no 'real' eliminations. I'm pretty sure save for the very first time I dropped out at the beginning people were eliminated every time. Save for this last one as well.

Actually there WAS only one elimination. Everyone else who didn't make it to the next round was because they didn't submit any screenshots, so they weren't actually eliminated... just diqualifed xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Ahhh that makes more sense then. Yeah that's a bit disappointing.
    But hopefully when we get into the school break seasons it'll happen less with contests and other things in general. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Cynzia - Heavens Tear
    Cynzia - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just wana say good luck to those who carried on the contest, the screenies look lovely b:cute
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Bah 1 point away from Estiah b:sad
    Dont tell me it was the sharp edged rocks again lol

But yay, happy with how the shot came out^^
    I had lots of other tries, really beautiful susnet shots too but they just were not cold enough for my impression of winter. To me winter is a lonely, dead season that freezes the breath in front of your face, something mercyless. But still so beautiful in its white innocence and silence.
    Might post some of the other shots up if someone reminds me... I should really copy the folders to my portable harddrive I guess lol

A word to the going of the contest so far...
    Sure, many people dropped. But I dont see the point of making such a rage over it b:lipcurl
    It is hard to come up with a good idea, realize it, pick the right shot and send it in. No discussion there. And believe me, I had weeks too when I barely had an hour to play a day and my mind was elsewhere. Last year of apprenticeship and 4 big projects to work on too sucks. But I am giving my best here.

Im sad so many people didn't sent any screens in but its their own business after all. Sure, other people could have taken part. But theres no use in name calling because noone knows the reasons why people were busy.

About the more drama comment.... b:sweat
    Im glad this contest is not like the TV shows, fake drama made up to please the less smart watcher and keep him entertained...

/Myra wall of text over and out
  • buttercupcruella
    edited March 2011
    Actually there WAS only one elimination. Everyone else who didn't make it to the next round was because they didn't submit any screenshots, so they weren't actually eliminated... just diqualifed xD

Ugh.... thank you for the short explanation, Night:)

REAL elimination? I meant that only ONCE judges had to 'send some1 home'. Other times at least 1 person didn't deliver a screenie, which saved ALL chars in the contest. You get what I meant now, Llux?

There was no mentioning about 'crappy' screenshots. I thought every1 would send their work on time and the judges will have to think hard (xD) which ss of all the awesome ones to eliminate.

I enjoyed looking at all the submitted screenies. Made me realize, how much my screen - taking - skills suck...

@Amourie: Huh?
    But yea, I know some people had real life to deal with, but ... *cuts*

@Myralis: <3<3<3 No thread would be the same without you:)
    Rage? Lolz. Just stating my opinion. Dunno if I lived on this world for longer than you or not, but I believe I've seen too many people START something and quit midway...
    See, you say you are sad, too. I did not call any1 any names, HEY! (Unlike you...b:surrender)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Yeah I gotcha cruella. I was watching the contest somewhat in passing and didn't see any mention of other people just dropping out until this last one. So I do agree with you. it is sad. ;_; But I still had fun watching the competition from afar and seeing all the screenies.

But yeah I just think your post just came across strong and ragey. Especially since you opened with OMG I HATE- b:surrender
    So that's why I felt a little obligated to try to understand why and defend the contest I thought wasn't half-bad...especially since all the other contests have never finished. ;3

Anyway, this next challenge is interesting and unexpected. :o I love screenies that tell a story. *excited*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • buttercupcruella
    edited March 2011
    Llux, thank you for this civilized talk. I see how my posts might be somewhat strong and filled with emotions....

Yep, I enjoy the contest, screenshots and the way it was put together greatly. So by no means was I writing about the contest itself. I meant the 'models'.

I wonder if it would be possible for the jurors to give us... dunno.. some 'behind the scenes' kind of thing. I'd wanna know if they... *pauses*
    Imma leave this just as a suggestion. If they would have time and be willing to sum it all up; I would enjoy it.

And yep, I wonder what the last challenge will turn out to be, since I see the girls don't like the songs they got.b:chuckle

Good luck and see ya guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I wonder if it would be possible for the jurors to give us... dunno.. some 'behind the scenes' kind of thing. I'd wanna know if they... *pauses*
    Imma leave this just as a suggestion. If they would have time and be willing to sum it all up; I would enjoy it.

I'm not sure what you're asking for exactly, maybe if you elaborate I might be able to fill you in better. b:victory