Game crashes on startup

Comments

• Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    Dratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WE SERIOUSLY NEED A GM HERE!!! HELP PLEASEb:sad

i dont think it has anything to do with graphics cos i dont think PWE would risk losing players cos of this matter, and as you can see, many people are having problems. geez, i've never spent so much time in a forum. PLEASE HELP!
    i've pm'd a GM, with this thread's link. WE NEED TO BE SAVED b:sadb:surrender
  • Kyia - Lost City
    Kyia - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I did all the above. Verified the patch/update. Tried with and without the firewall turned on, and still nothing. I am able to get to the log in screen, and type in my information. But when I hit enter, I get an "Unable to connect to server" warning. This is ticking me off.
  • //Shadow - Lost City
    //Shadow - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At first I began the long 7 hour patching, when finally done I tried To play. Same Problem.
    Manual Patch, Same thing.
    Verified On every single thing.
    Uninstalled/Reinstalled. Samething.
    Changed graphics settings, Again.
    PWI, Do Something. Please.
    Ive been waiting ever since the 2nd to play this game. and Yet I still cannot. I have tried the Old download +patches. and the new download (Already Updated, Im assuming.)
  • Seinaru - Dreamweaver
    Seinaru - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If a PWE staff member is reading this, please check the first post. I added the log files for a computer that's having this problem and for a computer that can run it fine. I can't really understand them but hopefully you guys can?
  • darkdreams2012
    darkdreams2012 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since I was enable to play in the new update version, everyday I come to check the site, the foruns, all info I can...
    , and is a game that I really like it, I downloaded and instaled PW Europe. is a original version of game (withouth psic or sins race) and is not so "crowded" as pwi, so no lagging, lol.
    and is not all, PWEurope gives to all players at start, 1 Word Teletransport map, 3 mold for armors, 3 armors for level 20 all 3 sockets, 2 special rings, gives 50 silver for every hour played (or logged). the boutique is more expensive but 1 Euro=10 gold, for instance 1 Baby hercule is sold for 800 gold (80 Euro) and 1 Platinium HP/MP is sold for 7 gold (0,7 cents). and I am like the game as in original form.
    For level advancement you will go twice as fast as the official version because of the XP, gold or item are x2, and they have the Event of City Invasion every saturday!!! lovely.
    can find me there till all this is solved, if want try it.

pwi please give us a patch so we can all play!!!
  • midnightz29
    midnightz29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Qq After I Reinstall And Wait For The Frikking Patch I Still Got The Same Report Bug When I Click Start. Gm Please Help
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I did all the above. Verified the patch/update. Tried with and without the firewall turned on, and still nothing. I am able to get to the log in screen, and type in my information. But when I hit enter, I get an "Unable to connect to server" warning. This is ticking me off.

have you tried to tick the "force log" box? they may help.. if you still cant enter, then you're stuck like us -.- .. its weekend so we'll prolly not get much attention from PW staff nor the GM's/Mods... but lets hope we do, and hope we can start playing by tomorrow! I come to the forums and stuff every 2 hours just to check if anyone got a solution! But to no avail! Now, i'm going to bed, and I HOPE that when i wake up, i'll come here, with my cereals, and have a solution/work around/ or somethings that tells us there IS a fix planned and being worked onb:angry .. good night everyone b:byeb:sad
  • drysyn
    drysyn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ok so my gf plays this game on xp and i decided i would try it too, so i downloaded it and got the following error message when clicking on the start button , http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x7/steven2601/PWI.jpg

i have windows vista ultimate 32-bit with dirctx 11, after spending several hours searching these forums i found others have the same problems and no real solutions

i installed the game 3 times now, veryfied the files, i've updated my directx 11, 10 and also downloaded and installed 9.0c nothing has helped, i have updated my graphics card drivers still no joy, i turned off UAC didn't help, set compatabilty/run as admin etc even tried windowed mode nothing is working and i'm about to give up trying to get this to work PLS help
  • Raclette - Harshlands
    Raclette - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:surrender same problems : freeze before logging, im really fed up, something blocks but what? noboday knows u_u, we wanna play too.....
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    WE NEED HELP!!! SOMEONE HAVE A LOOK AT THIS AND GET A FIX ALREADY! ITS BEEN 4 DAYS!! 4 FREAKIN' DAYS AND WE HAVE NO RESPONSE!! WE DONT WANNA QUIT PWI! HELP PLEASE!!b:cryb:angry
  • Seinaru - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    So according to someone in another thread like this, they were able to fix it by clean reinstalling windows. But when they reinstalled their programs it didn't work anymore. So PWI is conflicting with some program.

Wish this wasn't a family computer so I could just format my computer and have it work b:surrender
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I had a look at that thread earlier.. hmm.. i guess ill go and start uninstalling some programs.. i'll let you guys know if i come by anything suspicous.. wish US luck ^^
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    im CLEANING up my pc as i write this down. Hey Seinaru, i was thinking about what you said being a graphical problem and i remembered a way to actually prove if this is true or not. My little bro's PC e VERY inferior to mine in graphical and CPU performance(64MB graphical ram and 933mhz), yet, as astounding as it may be he is able to play, im updating his game to the genesis expansion while i clean up my PC. Ill let you know if it worked on my bro's PC. and i'll post a step by step of what i did with my PC if it works. i'll post it here in a couple of hours. Wish me luck ^^
  • k3p4r
    k3p4r Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried on my Another Computer
    With Better Graphics
    and Faster
    But still Not Work
    i DOnt know whats Proplem here
  • drysyn
    edited March 2011
    So according to someone in another thread like this, they were able to fix it by clean reinstalling windows. But when they reinstalled their programs it didn't work anymore. So PWI is conflicting with some program.

Wish this wasn't a family computer so I could just format my computer and have it work b:surrender

lol i'll be d***ed if i'm going to format my computer,or start removing programs just to play 1 game, i'll wait a few more days
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    b:cryb:cryangryi removed a bunch of programs and games, i cleaned my pc, defragged both the hard disk and the registry, used 2 programs for virus's, spywares, adware's, etc etc, AND STILL GET THE ERROR... geez... I WANNA PLAY!!!
    My bro's PC is finishing the update.. lets see if it works.. HEY PWI!! HELP US ALREADY GODAMMIT!!! b:angryb:angry
  • Seinaru - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Yeah lol I tried uninstalling stuff I didn't need and closing out of every single process I didn't need running, and that didn't work =\

Wow, if it works on that computer with such low specs, I don't know see how it could be possibly be a graphical problem then xD
  • mistakanator
    mistakanator Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This definatley sucks, big time, same thing's happened to me. And I wanted to play Genesis T_T
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT!?!?! YES... YES MAN.. IT WORKS ON MY BRO'S DAMN LAPTOP!!! JESUS!!!! OMG..b:angryb:angryb:angryb:cryb:angry
  • drysyn
    edited March 2011
    b:cryb:cryangryi removed a bunch of programs and games, i cleaned my pc, defragged both the hard disk and the registry, used 2 programs for virus's, spywares, adware's, etc etc, AND STILL GET THE ERROR... geez... I WANNA PLAY!!!
    My bro's PC is finishing the update.. lets see if it works.. HEY PWI!! HELP US ALREADY GODAMMIT!!! b:angryb:angry

lol it's the weekend shouldn't expect any help untill atleast tuesday really as they'll be working on a solution tomorrow
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    lets hope they are working on a solution right now..b:thanksb:victory b:sadb:angry
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lissajane wrote: »
    In answer to my own problem a few posts back...i have fixed it so i'll tell you what i did.

i changed to windowed mode then zeroed all graphical effects. i was able to play my veno and so flew her northwards out of the area.

While still in windowed mode and graphics off i then tried to load a mystic ...and it worked!!

Curious, i then went to graphics again and turned each effect on one at a time to see if game crashed.
    Amazingly it didnt..so i am now playing mystic at my usual high graphix settings.

It seems game does not like the shock of new area ... it has to get used to it gradually LOLZ

i hope this may help someone with same problem i had :)

Well so much for thinking I'd cured the problem LOLZ b:shocked

Been playing new area for a whole day with no problems, then i get a flyer for Mystic and decide to fly to Tellus instead of teleport. Big mistake b:cry

As soon as reached height above the valley walls i got same old game crash and error message. I try my method of getting back in again (i.e. going to windowed mode and nerfing all graphix) but it didnt effing work b:angry

So word of warning ...DO NOT fly above new area..there is obviously something within the game design that is causing this. Hopefully it will be sorted d@mn quick!!

Odd thing is Seeker has never had this problem...only Mystic (and my Veno).
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    This new expansion has some serious coding issues... They better fix ASAP! and when i say ASAP, i mean they better be working on a fix RIGHT EFFING NOW!!!b:angry
  • drysyn
    edited March 2011
    This new expansion has some serious coding issues... They better fix ASAP! and when i say ASAP, i mean they better be working on a fix RIGHT EFFING NOW!!!b:angry

well according to the time on this forum it's not even 8am there yet....bet they don't start untill like midday(joke) but seriously it'll be late evening at the least before they even figure anything out just hang tight and go clean house or play something else....shame the other game by EA i want to play won't work either:/
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    i started playing jade dynasty a while ago.. eih.. it'll entertain me for today i guess..
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    OK... IM SOOOO BORED -.-b:surrenderb:surrender
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    hey guys, my tocket status changed. its now in "need more info". but i dunno what to say :O i've provided them with everything >.<
  • Dratsu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    i gonna format my PC.. i hope i get it to work after this.. i think it might be some problem with the coding which conflicts with our OS.. well.. cya tomorrow
  • Seinaru - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys got another response to my ticket so I thought I'd post it.
    Here are some things that might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

If the problem still persists, please send us your dxdiag.

Thanks!

Gonna try this stuff out so I'll post here with my results.

EDIT: None of it worked. Haven't tried the whole download + install + path + login without firewall or AV thing though, because I don't think it's a good idea to have that stuff off for like 6 hours straight...
  • Seinaru - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I got another response from the ticket after sending them my dxdiag. They say I have to allocate system memory to my graphics device through my BIOS but say that I have to ask someone else how to do it... does anyone know how to do so? Dx