Completed Mystic Guide.

Comments

• SolRei - Harshlands
    SolRei - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The guide itself is useful but you only really gave small quirks as to the individual skills. There was no real thought put into it. You basically said ok this is what the skill does and a simple opinion. I feel this guide would be better if you put some complex thought into the skills themselves and really gave your opinion on them so people could have a better opinion of what they would like leveled. This is only imo and you really dont have to do it. I was just stating what I thought about the guide.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The guide itself is useful but you only really gave small quirks as to the individual skills. There was no real thought put into it. You basically said ok this is what the skill does and a simple opinion. I feel this guide would be better if you put some complex thought into the skills themselves and really gave your opinion on them so people could have a better opinion of what they would like leveled. This is only imo and you really dont have to do it. I was just stating what I thought about the guide.

Yes, I have to agree with this somewhat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i think this deserves a sticky b:victory

might not be enough but enough to fill us up with more knowledge on the class and build
  • iiiiiusion
    iiiiiusion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, I have to agree with this somewhat.

@SolRei
    Hmm, yes.. it might be true that this guide only contain "small quirks", if i am suppose to put in that i think in term of "complex thought" and everyone who read the guide just follows, would it be just plain spoon feeding? However i will take this into considerations and make relative improvements. Thank you. b:thanks

@ResMePls
    To your previous posts, this is my answer, There isn't a good estimation of duration of the silence/immobilisation even at level 10, if i am to put in my estimate of the chance that the skill activates for the effect and the duration, it would only be a mistake. Because, really, it is not stated in the skill itself, and there isn't a solid proof to back it up. b:thanks
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I doubt you even can give complex thought about it at this stage; wait until TT equips to put those on paper.

Speaking of which... which is higher lvl of mystic you've seen/heard of so far? and on what server?
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    There are a couple of level 7x-9xs already
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • SolRei - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    yea to add to my earlier post I understand that it's only been a few days sense the earthguard came into being and also understand that complex guides do not come right away. Just do what you can to improve on the guide.

I myself have read a world chat that said a level 80 mystic needed some people for fb squad. That's the highest I've seen.
  • Sangea - Sanctuary
    Sangea - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    iiiiiusion wrote: »
    There are a couple of level 7x-9xs already

True, but keep in mind they power-leveled and likely have no idea what they're doing way up there. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    yea to add to my earlier post I understand that it's only been a few days sense the earthguard came into being and also understand that complex guides do not come right away. Just do what you can to improve on the guide.

I myself have read a world chat that said a level 80 mystic needed some people for fb squad. That's the highest I've seen.
    True, but keep in mind they power-leveled and likely have no idea what they're doing way up there. b:chuckle

b:chuckleb:thanks I will see to it :3
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I power leveled my mystic and quite frankly I am rolling people in PvP. And in PvE I am doing very well.....Planning on power leveling some more today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • elsawhite
    elsawhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ty very much for your breakdown guild of skills. Please put a sticky here. b:kiss It
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    Thank you all. And anyway, adding a table about the pets and it's skills across level soon.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am curious how to use mystic in pvp/TW. Resurrect skill will be important, how can the plants be used etc. Maybe too early to say since sage/demon skills aren't out yet. The pets with energy leech seem to be very nice for DD purposes.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    elsawhite wrote: »
    Ty very much for your breakdown guild of skills. Please put a sticky here. b:kiss It
    I am curious how to use mystic in pvp/TW. Resurrect skill will be important, how can the plants be used etc. Maybe too early to say since sage/demon skills aren't out yet. The pets with energy leech seem to be very nice for DD purposes.

That is where technique comes into play, and it is the techniques that defines you from other players. That is something i won't be mentioning in this guide, because it is just a guide, not a mystic manual etc etc. :)
    And oh yeah energy leech is a good skill to go against back stabs and stunners

@elsawhite Tq :)
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    Sharazen - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm using the vit build and you 10hp per point of vit. Where should I cap my vit at exactly?
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    I'm using the vit build and you 10hp per point of vit. Where should I cap my vit at exactly?

Try using Ecatomb's stimulator. and do not forget your armor can add to hp. So don't over do it.
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    gonna cap it at 45.
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Oh yeah here's a link to a thread I did on Genie Skills. You can thank Derressh for the for info. ^^

Link: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1018801
  • Druzt - Harshlands
    Druzt - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The knockback skill: Brable Tornado, can be reflected by a Psychic's reflect skill. Instead of the Psy being displaced, YOU will be. Try it out.
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    The knockback skill: Brable Tornado, can be reflected by a Psychic's reflect skill. Instead of the Psy being displaced, YOU will be. Try it out.

Great observation, yes this is true.
  • SolRei - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I feel you should mention this somewhere in the guide.

"Mystic's original job is that of monster killing. With the Nature / Absorb Soul combo, the support of its summon, plant summons, and the Mystic's heaing abilities, you'd see the Mystic is well equipped for support against monsters like fb and high hp monsters alltogether. the mystic itself can solo a few high hp monsters such as the earthguard fb. (From person experience this is very possible.) "

Don't put it in my words cause they sound kinda newbish but I feel that this is the major job of a Mystic and people should know what they're getting into.
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    I feel you should mention this somewhere in the guide.

"Mystic's original job is that of monster killing. With the Nature / Absorb Soul combo, the support of its summon, plant summons, and the Mystic's heaing abilities, you'd see the Mystic is well equipped for support against monsters like fb and high hp monsters alltogether. the mystic itself can solo a few high hp monsters such as the earthguard fb. (From person experience this is very possible.) "

Don't put it in my words cause they sound kinda newbish but I feel that this is the major job of a Mystic and people should know what they're getting into.

Mystic is not a 100% monster killer, however, it is already stated that a Mystic is a highly versatile support/attack class.
  • SolRei - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Mystic is not a 100% monster killer, however, it is already stated that a Mystic is a highly versatile support/attack class.

Agreed but from person experience I can tell you that the Mystic Class is definatalie something you want to bring on an fb mission. The class makes monster battles that much faster with its support.
  • moonveno
    moonveno Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    awesome guide, awesome work in such short time, well doneb:victoryb:pleased
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    moonveno wrote: »
    awesome guide, awesome work in such short time, well doneb:victoryb:pleased

Thank you!
  • Drestic - Harshlands
    Drestic - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nice guide btw.

I'm on low lvl yet, but hope I'll like this class, might be great for me because I never realy enjoyed any of old classes. A bit of balance of everything would be cool.

Only problem is that mp pool goes low very fast and Mistress was kinda lame to me(tho dunno how is it later lvl), I hope lvl 33 pet would be nice tank.
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    Nice guide btw.

I'm on low lvl yet, but hope I'll like this class, might be great for me because I never realy enjoyed any of old classes. A bit of balance of everything would be cool.

Only problem is that mp pool goes low very fast and Mistress was kinda lame to me(tho dunno how is it later lvl), I hope lvl 33 pet would be nice tank.

Just to let you know, Salvation is not a Tank :) It is a supportive pet, with an epic fail for a damage. It is not like what the skill info at all.

*epicness = uber low =.=
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just to let you know, Salvation is not a Tank :) It is a supportive pet, with an epicness damage. It is not like what the skill info at all.

Epic damage? Salvation is the pet with the shield and damage absorption.
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    Epic is not a good thing =x
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Epic is not a good thing =x

...? b:surrender

"Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size"
    "Heroic and impressive in quality"
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/epic

Perhaps you meant 'epic fail'? That's the one that's bad.