Options

Comments

• Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't understand the qq...
    For one, I play this game for fun.
    I'm enjoying questing on my current lvl 28 seeker.
    My main is an 86 bm, starting at 82 to stay at chief assassins I genie dumped until I had the money to buy fc armor, decent grinding set, and fc'd my way to 85. Now I'm at 86 and killing rockenwolves, and am genie dumping again. I don't BH, I don't crazy stone, and I dont cube (well I do on occasion, but again I genie dump the exp)
    I'm pointing this out so people understand what type of player I am.

Personally, I don't care that people alt FC, especially since it's just heads. Every time I've run fc since the second time, I have hypered on everything BUT the heads, and for 1 good reason. Heads give absolutely terrible spirit for the experience you gain. What's being created are seekers and mystics, with high levels and crappy skills because of a lacking of spirit. So personally, I don't care about this...what you term "exploiting", because honestly it's harmful as much as it helps.
    Some people play the game for limited endgame, some people like to take their time to actually level. I don't see any fault in allowing them to bypass low level territory they've done before, in order to reach end game. And anyone running an alt fc, if they're intelligent, will know how to play their class. It's really a simple matter of PLAYING THE CLASS. Testing out the entirety of seekers skills can be accomplished in a single afternoon. Have they repeated the same mind numbing actions 10000 times? No. Does that mean they don't understand the class? also no.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wonder how many hyper noobs will be running around and then quit because they're bored/have absolutely no clue how to play their class properly...maybe people will get bored after a week b:laugh

The point of the whole thing is that yeah you have a high level main that can probably solo the whole thing, but could you at least play the game as it's supposed to be? How does it hurt us? Where are the grinding buddies? What happened to the spirit of following a story and doing quests? Is the whole point of the game just to be the highest level and then quit? What about skill? What about interaction?

Those are my questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wonder how many hyper noobs will be running around and then quit because they're bored/have absolutely no clue how to play their class properly...maybe people will get bored after a week b:laugh

The point of the whole thing is that yeah you have a high level main that can probably solo the whole thing, but could you at least play the game as it's supposed to be? How does it hurt us? Where are the grinding buddies? What happened to the spirit of following a story and doing quests? Is the whole point of the game just to be the highest level and then quit? What about skill? What about interaction?

Those are my questions.

Why do u say you cant play their class when they lvled to 100? i have myself lvl 100+ Cleric, bm, barb and been PvPing for very very long time now which means i know how to play every class and how to play against them.
    This is a no problem for me when u hyper lvling in FCC. b:bye
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options

Those are my questions.

I leveled slightly on my own, till I could barely manage to oracle. I then proceeded to get to 70 basically through oracles. I hypered a lot of fc early, those "learning fc" but they each gave well over a level, sometimes 2, so I hit 80 fast. Since I have become a hardcore grinder who cries when he levels because it's closer to new gear and less time to farm coin. I've gone into BH with people with mediocre skills and poor gear, and these werent the people who even leveled fast, CS'd their way up, some were regular casual players. The sheer number of bms my level that understand tanking a boss with alternating spark burst and shadowless kick, and sometimes throwing in the genie skill true emptiness, is pitifully small. So I cannot say I'm against leveling fast, lord knows before the 70s a bm cannot axe aoe like it can afterwards, the mobs simply dont exist in enough capacity to round them up. The gear is too shotty, and spirit is too necessary to spend so much getting maxes out tree. Plus with low level aoes, it makes for bad repair/healing bills per run.

Now, mostly this topic is about people who use alt fc (especially recently) to level up new characters to try out, while they actively play on their mains. Sure, some people sell the service to new players as well. I don't think this is such a bad thing. Some classes and some people are more suited to end game than early game, some are more suited to early and wane at end. Personally I'm a fan of mid game, farming for end game.

Besides, people dumping a lot of money for alt fcs, getting bored, and quitting earns pwi a lot of money which keeps the game functioning. The economy is terrible since most of the rarest thing in the game are available at the opening of a wallet, and random red letters appear often adding 5 mil to the game. Tho in essence, the game is perfectly fun once someone finally reaches the place they like to be. Had I not had an easy way to the mid 70s, and training fcs to 80 as well, I probably wouldnt have ever played the game this long or enjoyed it nearly as much. Please take this into account before you speak of what you have not experienced, and listen to someone who has gone through it.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the ppl rageqqing about ppl lvling their alts in fcc are missing the point completely... plz stop for more sensible disscussion... i dont know why some of u ppl are whining about ppl not playing their classes properly and blaming it on oracle or hyper fcc. this is completely without merit and ur not seeing the forest from the trees

ppl need to start asking themselves how valuable a game is where u skip almost all the content in between levels 1 and 100 only to experience endgame like a private server

if u consider games that include trainers or cheat patches... maybe gamesharks or code breakers... im sure we r aware of ppl wanting to skip certain things and thats ok but seriously skipping just about all the content of game just for a limited endgame that isnt even being updated in around 2 years now?

its not a matter of telling people what they should find fun but try and consider this from outside an addicts point of view and look at the real source of the problem with is pwi

i already know im gonna get responses from ppl justifying the obvious saying well boohoo u can play how u like.. but i will simply say that for those who want to actually play a game with worthwhile content that u dont skip and that is not given the thumbs up by the content maker itself to bypass for what someone will find once their addiction is up to be a complete farce.... this is not the game for it... they wont change it, so find another game... they r purposely catering to skipping their content to try and grab as much money as they can b4 ppl start realizing other games have content worth playing and who dont aid u in skipping so much of their content... lot of ppl have realized this already.... some are going to realize it soon... and the others will get the rug swept from under them when pwi shut down the servers cuz ppl found a better game
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the ppl rageqqing about ppl lvling their alts in fcc are missing the point completely... plz stop for more sensible disscussion... i dont know why some of u ppl are whining about ppl not playing their classes properly and blaming it on oracle or hyper fcc. this is completely without merit and ur not seeing the forest from the trees

ppl need to start asking themselves how valuable a game is where u skip almost all the content in between levels 1 and 100 only to experience endgame like a private server

if u consider games that include trainers or cheat patches... maybe gamesharks or code breakers... im sure we r aware of ppl wanting to skip certain things and thats ok but seriously skipping just about all the content of game just for a limited endgame that isnt even being updated in around 2 years now?

its not a matter of telling people what they should find fun but try and consider this from outside an addicts point of view and look at the real source of the problem with is pwi

i already know im gonna get responses from ppl justifying the obvious saying well boohoo u can play how u like.. but i will simply say that for those who want to actually play a game with worthwhile content that u dont skip and that is not given the thumbs up by the content maker itself.... this is not the game for it... they wont change it, so find another game

Yes, because this game is filled with empty patches where content should be, but simply isnt. Hell, there arent even any mobs from 40-60, they assumed you'd be alt fcing so they removed them...
    Oh wait, the game does have content for those who like it.
    The ability to alt fc is that persons choice. The ability to level normally is also that persons choice. Does the fact you do BH every day instead of grinding the % out on normal mobs (since bh didnt even exist at first) make you not playing the game either?
    And wines, they remove some of the dungeon, they must be the evil incarnate.

PWI has a lot of OPTIONS for people who WISH to skip CERTAIN parts of the game they do NOT LIKE. However, it in no way restricts people from playing the game "as intended to be played"

So the reality is PWI is just like every other game out there, with the unique features that allow you to maximize your enjoyment and minimize what you do not like...what a horrible feature for a game to have, yer right, lets all go play a game with no option to bypass repetetive quest chains by instead leveling through an instance. That has no hyper mode to the highest pinacle of endgame fun. And wow, look at how little content there is at endgame some people have spent those 2 years and running enjoying their little hearts out. Such a shame they have CHOSEN to skip the low level drool they find boring to reach what YOU find boring, how horrible.
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Once you've leveled a main from 1 - 100 doing mostly quests, all the quests 20+ are boring as ****. I did myself a favor and hypered my seeker past the mind-numbing quests, however trust me when I say I won't be trouble to any squads until I know wtf I'm doing because I've been stuck in squads with idiots who hypered and never took the time to actually play the class too. For me, it's just about surpassing those levels that I can't stand.

And honestly, I don't care who hypers to 100, the more who do it seriously the more guides there are on quests, builds, and skills. And if I get stuck in a squad with a hypered moron, I tell them so and kick/leave. It's not hurting anyone, unless you don't have the balls to leave/kick, and it also pays for me to play.

Plus I doubt I'll be playing it often, I <3 cleric too much b:cute
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Those are my questions.

not knowing how to play the class only lasts for a short time. doesnt take long to learn how to play it even if u hyper. stop with the superiority complex.

this game is a quest game. and after 20+ most quests are all the same. so if u got to lvl 100 by NORMAL means on one of your characters, why the **** will u put yoursel through that pain and horror a 2nd or even 3rd time doing basically the same ****ing thing? you can either think you are superior by doing all of that mindless questing and grinding for 3-5 months or u can skip it all by hpering and getting plvls and save urself those 3-5 months.

if anything you are a bigger nerd if u do the former, especially if you already did it on a main.

now if you are a COMPLETLY NEW player to the game then its highly highly advised u just play the game outright. but if you have ALREADY did that on one of your mains (since most ppl on this game has been playing since beta) then why the hell do it again? that makes no sense what so ever and its a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE waste of time.

F thatb:bye

another thing about the story. if you actually took time to read and understand the story of this game you will find out its full of plotholes and sensless stupidity and translation errors/grammar errors/etc etc. playing it just for the story is a even bigger waste of time.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Someone is mad they can't solo FC or have no hl alts.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes, because this game is filled with empty patches where content should be, but simply isnt. Hell, there arent even any mobs from 40-60, they assumed you'd be alt fcing so they removed them...
    Oh wait, the game does have content for those who like it.
    The ability to alt fc is that persons choice. The ability to level normally is also that persons choice. Does the fact you do BH every day instead of grinding the % out on normal mobs (since bh didnt even exist at first) make you not playing the game either?
    And wines, they remove some of the dungeon, they must be the evil incarnate.

PWI has a lot of OPTIONS for people who WISH to skip CERTAIN parts of the game they do NOT LIKE. However, it in no way restricts people from playing the game "as intended to be played"

So the reality is PWI is just like every other game out there, with the unique features that allow you to maximize your enjoyment and minimize what you do not like...what a horrible feature for a game to have, yer right, lets all go play a game with no option to bypass repetetive quest chains by instead leveling through an instance. That has no hyper mode to the highest pinacle of endgame fun. And wow, look at how little content there is at endgame some people have spent those 2 years and running enjoying their little hearts out. Such a shame they have CHOSEN to skip the low level drool they find boring to reach what YOU find boring, how horrible.
    using a very low percent of brain power i see

i recognized in the post u quoted that there r options but unsurprisingly u ignored them wonder why... im not going to engage in the discussion most r having in this topic about the evils of this and that... ill let u babble on with others about this overly simplistic whiner vs lover nonsense that goes nowhere

now if u actually wanna start moving the cogs a little bit understand that ur choices are also swayed by the actions they do

1) they make hypers extraordinarily cheap, and cheaper, and cheaper.... they r pushing ppl to buy them and lvl faster... ever work in marketing or take a marketing class? probably not since ur distinguishing a black and white choice vs no choice... instead of the grey area which is product steering and persuasion
    2) given it isnt inherently wrong to push ppl to level faster if they so choose... then it make sense from development perspective to add CONTENT for what ur pushing ppl toward

instead they are pushing ppl to endgame and not providing ANY new endgame content for ppl to enjoy who get there... congrats uve reached endgame... thank u for playing reroll a new toon and go back to hyper fcc... by their actions the only assumption that can be made is this is what they want ppl to do

and b4 i get this nonsense about this is how every game is out there try actually playing this game when it came out and content was constantly being released and expanded on

or maybe look at pwi competitors instead of a lackey where they want to profit like any normal game being a busness but they give ppl incentive to play their game for a long period of time by producing content and not just milking a cash shop w/o content.. unless u actually call the long developed earthguard area and guild bases "content"... if this is the case u probably have not played any other game and do not even know what content is

hopefully this will spark some lightbulb instead of the same black n white "qq u have a choice" reply which i already predicted previous post........
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    using a very low percent of brain power i see

i recognized in the post u quoted that there r options but unsurprisingly u ignored them wonder why... im not going to engage in the discussion most r having in this topic about the evils of this and that... ill let u babble on with others about this overly simplistic whiner vs lover nonsense that goes nowhere

now if u actually wanna start moving the cogs a little bit understand that ur choices are also swayed by the actions they do

1) they make hypers extraordinarily cheap, and cheaper, and cheaper.... they r pushing ppl to buy them and lvl faster... ever work in marketing or take a marketing class? probably not since ur distinguishing a black and white choice vs no choice... instead of the grey area which is product steering and persuasion
    2) given it isnt inherently wrong to push ppl to level faster if they so choose... then it make sense from development perspective to add CONTENT for what ur pushing ppl toward

instead they are pushing ppl to endgame and not providing ANY new endgame content for ppl to enjoy who get there... congrats uve reached endgame... thank u for playing reroll a new toon and go back to hyper fcc... by their actions the only assumption that can be made is this is what they want ppl to do

and b4 i get this nonsense about this is how every game is out there try actually playing this game when it came out and content was constantly being released and expanded on

or maybe look at pwi competitors instead of a lackey where they want to profit like any normal game being a busness but they give ppl incentive to play their game for a long period of time by producing content and not just milking a cash shop w/o content.. unless u actually call the long developed earthguard area and guild bases "content"... if this is the case u probably have not played any other game and do not even know what content is

hopefully this will spark some lightbulb instead of the same black n white "qq u have a choice" reply which i already predicted previous post........

Umm...that was your post, kinda weird to make it sound like it was someone elses but...

You didn't just predict black and white qq u have a choice, you also recommended other people play other games. Because this one isnt steered toward content...which I find a little funny simply because the one thing this expansion honestly did instead of pushing tons of "get to end game now" propaganda or however you look at it...was introduce a whole new quest system that ties into a crafting system. This utilizes stones from decomposing low to high level gear, through each leveling plateau, while incorperating more incentive for people to do their BH and have fun in instances, since theres a new goal yey!

Also they added a whole ton of lower level quests...like a lot of them heh.

Now, this is kind of all pushed toward leveling faster. But I mean...so is everything in a game. Content to do for fun without reward isnt content. It's pointless space people have no incentive to do. And even then, theres always the CHOICE to genie dump that extra experience. In that way you freely control game experience in all aspects O.O

...I have played a...variety of game. Wurmonline is a bitter sweet relationship. I dont mind the graphics, but once you build your area to your liking, it becomes a lot of maintenance or none at all that you pay to be self kept...limiting your space and giving less incentive to log on.

Rohan was fun for a long time. Complete "find a party and aoe for hours on end" grindfest game. PVP was excellent, cash shop worked decently. In the end, way too much grind for too little mid game content for me. It was all about reaching end game, only issue was the shortcuts still take forever and a half.

Darkfall was an awesome game, nice pvp...hell it was all pvp, because the rest of the time is macroing afk and bugging mobs for high end loot. Eventually my straight edge gaming style made me leave, it bugged me to no end the exploiting in that game.

To be honest...not interested in listing all the games I;ve played, it's a long list and I'll inevitably miss some of them. I can say I have played just about every game out there, and in the end, they are all the same. Simply because they are games.

This thread is pointless tho. You don't like something, you talk about it. I defend it has a right to exist...because of course it does. The worst thing to ever happen to a game, is for it to be too limited to one persons playstyle. Lack of choice makes for a tiring experience. And to be honest, if you feel it isnt worth it for people to play this game, why don't you simply leave yourself...

*edit:
    have to edit in, the fact you opened by outright insulting my intelligence doesn't make what you say seem worth the energy it takes to read I will admit. But I did read it and will continue to read anything else you type...simply because I'm bored enough to do so in between watching the second season of Monk.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Quoted for truth.

When PWI was first released, there were actual content updates about every 3 months for the first year. Then they decided to stop that and instead add new classes. A year passed, then TB came out. Another year passed then Genisis.

New classes and starter towns is not new content. If you actually played the new classes, you get to lvl 10 without even doing anything. They rush you through the starter town so fast... it's not content, it's just new, mostly unused map that they've added.

PWI has pulled another fast one and only the new player base is fooled.

Funny.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Quoted for truth.

When PWI was first released, there were actual content updates about every 3 months for the first year. Then they decided to stop that and instead add new classes. A year passed, then TB came out. Another year passed then Genisis.

New classes and starter towns is not new content. If you actually played the new classes, you get to lvl 10 without even doing anything. They rush you through the starter town so fast... it's not content, it's just new, mostly unused map that they've added.

PWI has pulled another fast one and only the new player base is fooled.

Funny.

pff, everyone can tell genesis lands are rushed to hell. I'm sure part of it was taking into consider demand. Imagine if they had a land like plume, lost, or ether. Then remember on the same day hundreds of people made that race. It would be utter chaos.

Saying the addition of a new crafting (although it is crappy), reward system that matches the crafting, new daily quests, guild bases which introduce MORE group pvp aspect to the game on a higher occasion than tw, and as an in between to tw, and yes even fun new races to explore is awesome.

I rememeber rohan, when giants were released, the lands were a bit more rushed (it is a grind fest type of game), there was some slightly updated higher up lands but basically a rework that added more dead space, and no real changes at all.

I first played pwi in the end of 2008, obviously this is a much different game. Tho I have to admit, if yer on the forum enough to diss it, you're either still playing for some reason/attachment, or you literally have no life. Either way...stop QQing and go do something -.-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think thats what everyones problem is who are against Power leveling. Most people who power level end up not being able to play their class competently and makes the whole class unwanted. I think they fear idiots makeing the new classes lookbad and makeing it hard for them to get squads.
    That's a stereotype, it doesn't take months to learn how to play a character. I know plenty of people who have leveled a class to 100+ in a few weeks and can play their class perfectly fine. People who don't have the means to power level just say that to make themselves feel better.

I grinded an archer to 83 and trust me, it was the most boring thing I've ever done in my life, and no one should have to do that to level if they choose not to.

This is PWI from level 20 to 99 if you choose to level the "old school" way

1. Do crazy stone "woo I afk for 10 minutes, exhilirating"

2. Do world quest (70+) "woo afk auto pathing around the map, so much fun"

3. Do your quests.

NPC: GO KILL 50 MOBS PLZ "k"

*runs off to kill mobs, finishes*

NPC: GO KILL 50 MOBS THAT ARE PRACTICALLY THE SAME "ugh, k"

NPC: GO KILL 50 MOBS THAT ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT "wtf, srsly?"

NPC: GO KILL EVIL BOSS

*finds a few other ppl that need the boss, kill the boss with practically no effort*

NPC: THANKS HERE'S YOUR REWARD "Wooo hooo, 0.3% xp and 1/10th of a mirage!" repeat x 1000

Step 4. Grind

Kill mob

Kill another mob

Kill another mob

Do this another 100000 times.

And repeat until you level up, now repeat all that about 80 times, isn't this fun!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's a stereotype, it doesn't take months to learn how to play a character. I know plenty of people who have leveled a class to 100+ in a few weeks and can play their class perfectly fine. People who don't have the means to power level just say that to make themselves feel better.

I grinded an archer to 83 and trust me, it was the most boring thing I've ever done in my life, and no one should have to do that to level if they choose not to.

3. Do your quests.

*finds a few other ppl that need the boss, kill the boss with practically no effort*

NPC: THANKS HERE'S YOUR REWARD "Wooo hooo, 0.3% xp and 1/10th of a mirage!" repeat x 1000

Step 4. Grind

Kill mob

Kill another mob

Kill another mob

And repeat until you level up, now repeat all that about 80 times, isn't this fun!?
    That's y hyper exp exist lol. No 1 would lvl to 100 for about 1year if u questing..
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's y hyper exp exist lol. No 1 would lvl to 100 for about 1year if u questing..

This is true, it takes roughly one year to get to 100 playing the 'old school' way (nothing but questing grinding and dailys)
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

3. Do your quests.

Step 4. Grind

Kill mob

Kill another mob

Kill another mob

Exactly b:chuckle
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

3. Do your quests.

Step 4. Grind

Kill mob

Kill another mob

Kill another mob

I still think thats why they are QQing. You can't deny that there are many who have powerleveled that can't play worth **** That is where this fear of people powerleveling stems from. I have the means to power level but I don't. Now you all can power level all you want. I'll take my time and build my skill. b:surrenderI need the time I only know how to play a venob:surrender

But again I think thats why people are unhappy about the power leveling. Only logical reason I can come up with from my experience with MMOs.

Of course I don't give a **** about reaching max level. I'm haveing too much time chatting with friends and **** around in cube or going and loosing exp because I decided to poke a monster I shouldn't have.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I still think thats why they are QQing. You can't deny that there are many who have powerleveled that can't play worth **** That is where this fear of people powerleveling stems from. I have the means to power level but I don't. Now you all can power level all you want. I'll take my time and build my skill. b:surrenderI need the time I only know how to play a venob:surrender

But again I think thats why people are unhappy about the power leveling. Only logical reason I can come up with from my experience with MMOs.

Of course I don't give a **** about reaching max level. I'm haveing too much time chatting with friends and **** around in cube or going and loosing exp because I decided to poke a monster I shouldn't have.
    There are people who have powerleveled who are terrible at their class this is true. But there are also many people who quested/grinded to 100 who are also terrible at their class. Powerleveling doesn't mean you're bad at your class, it doesn't even increase the odds, I learned way more about playing a barb from doing FC than I ever did grinding or questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There are people who have powerleveled who are terrible at their class this is true. But there are also many people who quested/grinded to 100 who are also terrible at their class. Powerleveling doesn't mean you're bad at your class, it doesn't even increase the odds, I learned way more about playing a barb from doing FC than I ever did grinding or questing.

This is true. Just because you do or don't power level does not make you a good player. Just, well, being a good player, makes you a good player. Hell, just because of a persons level doesn't make them a good or bad player either (I've seen level 60s that just seem to actually be BETTER players than some of the 100s i've met, obviously just not as 'powerful' in the game). A good player is a good player, and a bad player is a bad player, and that's all there is to it!
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options

I know. Lol I'm not saying I'm the best at being a veno. Even tho I level the old fashion way. I'm notb:surrenderDefinetally not the worse.

I'm not saying I beleive all powerlevelers are noobish. I'm just saying thats the only thing I can think of that thease people can be thinking. The only reason I can think of that they are QQing.

I may crack jokes about it but I never beleive they are all noobs.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ya wanna know somethin, at least I think we owe respect to people that play, no matter HOW they play (aside botting; which is BS and NOT a player) whether they power level, or level the 'old school' way.

You know what we should all hate on:
    people who BUY their characters

which reminds me of this funny video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sah-LkfmEyY&feature=relmfu
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know. Lol I'm not saying I'm the best at being a veno. Even tho I level the old fashion way. I'm notb:surrenderDefinetally not the worse.

I'm not saying I beleive all powerlevelers are noobish. I'm just saying thats the only thing I can think of that thease people can be thinking. The only reason I can think of that they are QQing.

I may crack jokes about it but I never beleive they are all noobs.
    It's not because it creates failures, they're QQing because they're jealous and this BS about not being able to play thier class is the excuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...then again we have strayed off the original topic. The topic is about a cap on FF/FCC/FC.

am I against power leveling, no (am I QQing no)

do I think they should have a limit on something like FF/FCC/FC so you can't just stroll in with a level 1 (and walk out something like a 36 in ONE run)... yes

that's my 'onion' of the actual topic this thread was supposed to be about.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...then again we have strayed off the original topic. The topic is about a cap on FF/FCC/FC.

am I against power leveling, no (am I QQing no)

do I think they should have a limit on something like FF/FCC/FC so you can't just stroll in with a level 1 (and walk out something like a 36 in ONE run)... yes

that's my 'onion' of the actual topic this thread was supposed to be about.
    they were actually doing ok with gv being the best source of endgame experience because people actually did other things too besides that

its quite ridiculous to see what they have done to their game all it takes is a broad view of 2008 to 2011 and whoa holy **** what were they smoking when they decided to blow this game up and turn almost all of their world map into a wasteland

with that in mind a fcc lvl cap would be good but at this point it would be a band aid on a gushing wound... u have to consider their mindset when they allowed this to start and continue to happen all this time

its quite nerve wrecking and depressing at the sdame time
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's not because it creates failures, they're QQing because they're jealous and this BS about not being able to play thier class is the excuse.

b:surrenderI was trying to be nice. Much better to be considered misinformed then jelousb:surrender
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it. If someone wants to power level then that's up to them. They still have to go through and do their cultivation.

FC isn't even the worst when you think about it, back when the nein quest was going on I was able to get my BM to level 60 by doing nothing but standing in etherblade and right clicking. Then I just did the goshiki quest and a couple BH runs to get to 70, then got to 80 off of orbs from BH100. If anything needs to be nerfed it's those orbs, 666k xp in a few seconds by right clicking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If someone wants to bypass all the content in the game, to be able to run the same instances over and over at endgame, who are we to say otherwise. They might find dull repetitive play fun b:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If someone wants to bypass all the content in the game, to be able to run the same instances over and over at endgame, who are we to say otherwise. They might find dull repetitive play fun b:chuckle
    Because lower levels is any less repetitive right? (see my earlier post)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I find axe aoeing rockenwolves constantly very relaxing..
    just my two cents :)