We got an upgrade! Pet switching.

Options
Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Venomancer
Ok! Hoorah! We got a stealth upgrade.

Summon your pet. Now summon a NEW pet.

Voila! It just works (tm)

No more unsummon then summon the next one and swear at the interface because it sometimes has you wait for the summonning bar to reach the end before telling you it won't work because the server hasn't noticed your old pet is stowed, yet.

Not tested all the corner cases (what happens if you switch to a pet that can't summon, what happens if the pet could summon but is in a wall, do we still get the 'take no damage' unsummon if we time it right etc.) but this should make a few lures that would otherwise be suicide lures into safe normal lures.

I can't see anything better to do with it, though.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• TOtOty - Heavens Tear
    TOtOty - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    just tried it n it really work X>
    n if u summon a pet that u cant summon in the situation (like a water pet on land) the summoned pet will just get stowed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tOtOty | Heavens Tear VenoMANcer | (Cow) TotalSin
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Indeed it works :O :D

from mount to pet and other way around also works btw ^^

Thanks for posting it here b:thanks
    going to be usefull with luring ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok! Hoorah! We got a stealth upgrade.
    Summon your pet. Now summon a NEW pet.
    Voila! It just works (tm)
    XD i like how you worded that, it made me laugh.

also, mystics and venos can heal each other's pets (if you hadn't noticed)
    I can't see anything better to do with it, though.

how about tank dies, veno swaps DD pet for tank pet in a hurry. (sin drops aggro like it's hot XD veno can have it)

it could work, if the squad worked well together and paid attention.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok - after playing with it a bit, there is one big disadvantage:
    If you do this, you seem to lose the instant unsummon when the pet is getting hit. That means you're more likely to have a suicide-lure when you don't need to.

Still works if you unsummon the normal way, so there's more options for us now, is all.

But I could easily, for example, switch pets at brigand and linux, even luring through all of the ghouls (unwined) and the herc would be buffed and ready to catch with lots of time.

With faster bosses it won't work so well, but it's pretty nice.
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks for posting this...I had no idea until I checked this thread out. b:pleased
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    XD i like how you worded that, it made me laugh.

also, mystics and venos can heal each other's pets (if you hadn't noticed)

how about tank dies, veno swaps DD pet for tank pet in a hurry. (sin drops aggro like it's hot XD veno can have it)

it could work, if the squad worked well together and paid attention.

I immediately thought of Old Spice. "Look at your man. Now look at me."
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can confirm that instant-unsummon (when attacked) still works when you use the old method of unsummoning.

It's going to take some time to confirm everything still works as expected, but so far it seems like 'switch happens when new pet arrives rather than the new pet arrival failing' is the only change.

Hah, and they say Archers are bad for being anal about how mechanics work. All THEY have to do is shoot things!
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can confirm that instant-unsummon (when attacked) still works when you use the old method of unsummoning.

It's going to take some time to confirm everything still works as expected, but so far it seems like 'switch happens when new pet arrives rather than the new pet arrival failing' is the only change.

Hah, and they say Archers are bad for being anal about how mechanics work. All THEY have to do is shoot things!

Yes , but we are so sexy when we are doing it b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes , but we are so sexy when we are doing it b:dirty

So true. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I did it by mistake earlier. I thought I pressed the wrong thing, or it was a freak accident/glitch. Now it all make sense. Thanks.
  • Nehru - Heavens Tear
    Nehru - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    From the tests I've done, it looks like aggro stays with the veno if you switch pets during a pull.
    Not really surprising, though definitely something to remember.
    "It is said that whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. In fact, whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first hand the equivilant of a stick with a fizzing fuse and ACME Dynamite Company written on the side. It's more interesting, and doesn't take so long."
    - Terry Pratchett
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    even doing luring the old way (actually had to unsummon the pet and resummon it or summon another after), we had to get our pet to hit the mob or boss or it would come and hit us. being able to lure is one thing i'll miss if i start up a mystic lol
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wow that's great, Thank you for posting this b:pleased
  • CHOBITS - Dreamweaver
    CHOBITS - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The only bad thing about doing this is that whatever skill is the "active" one on your pet will not be used unless you disable and enable it again, so if you swap to another pet without stowing it first, it will do less dmg unless you disable/enable skill
    b:bye
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The only bad thing about doing this is that whatever skill is the "active" one on your pet will not be used unless you disable and enable it again, so if you swap to another pet without stowing it first, it will do less dmg unless you disable/enable skill

You know, I wondered about that, but hadn't actually thought that THAT was the reason my pet wasn't using his skills anymore...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Baoxian - Raging Tide
    Baoxian - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its just a matter of timing, normally I start to summon the new Pet before my
    luring Pet wrrives the mobs, but mostly in TT or FB im unsummonig them because its
    faster and I normally have enough Time to re-summon it.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes, and it is not the only issue. For example I switch to my luring pet, cactus, it appears with all skills turned off, so I send it to lure but instead of shooting it goes and cast that stupid skill. And even, whe nI am aware of this glitch, I turn on and off skills on this cactus before sending it and still, sometimes, it cast skill.
    Its just glitched, and we already had pet skills glitching before, so this upgrade upraded glitches too.

And yes I know and I will send a ticket very soon.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    From what I've managed so far - it SEEMS to be a UI only glitch.
    The newly summoned pet has the the same skill highlight as the old one - but it's not actually how the pet is set, the new pet has its first skill actually selected as normal.

I've not had unsetting it fail to work yet, so there may be another issue there.

Last note; It seems that, as expected, aggro transfers at the moment the pet switches - so in theory you can get the timing down to start the unsummon as you starft the lure and have the lure pet switch out just after it hits and before it gets hit.
    This seems somewhat tricky to time, though. I doubt it'll be much use doing it that way.

You could combine it with a teleport lure, maybe. May be worth experimenting with that a bit.
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ty for letting us know, didnt notice that by myself lol. Can be off use in certain situations, gonna try experiment with it also b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes it is a good upgrade BUT disastrous if used to pull unless u got 2 tanks or in a squad.
    i find the "pet switch" a weak update that could have been better via a "re summons" where the summoned pet will pop up beside u like if your pet is fightin and u run out of range and your pet popps next to u. THAT would be a COOL update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • Zeelia - Raging Tide
    Zeelia - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    As an update thats pretty weak, rather have new pets int he new territory please and thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]