mystic skill progression

Options
baconlube
baconlube Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Yes we've probably already had this thread many, many times, but once more out of interest, what skills are worth leveling?

I ran ff trips to lev 50 on my mystic already, the thing is, i only have 500k spirit, and its come to my attention that some skills are more useful for PVE than others.

I think that the whole plant chain should be skipped, till the last one, but for attacks the AOE one, natures vengence and soul absorb should be leveled. for pets level all at the same time and for defense level heal pet up since it maxes at lev 54 and break in the clouds for emergency self healing.

thoughts?
Post edited by baconlube on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol. seriously you think hypering to 50 makes you an expert?

actually playing the game will reveal that all the plant line can be useful - magic def reduction when you are playing a mage class is a pretty useful debuff.. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • baconlube
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol. seriously you think hypering to 50 makes you an expert?

actually playing the game will reveal that all the plant line can be useful - magic def reduction when you are playing a mage class is a pretty useful debuff.. ijs

I never said I was an expert. I also never said my progression was good. I just wanted an honest opinion on it.

imo the problem is that there is not a clearly defined line between useful skills and skills that may not be as practical.

thus overall sooner or later we're forced to drop out some skills. sure, magic def debuff's useful, but to what extent compared to better DD skills or more useful summons?
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't think the plants should be skipped over. Mystics do have a lot of skills to level, but so does every class. I am, however, saving some of the plants for later, leveling the aoe heal plant + the one that gives pdef/mdef debuff, while the rest are still level 1 for now.

There's already a thread on what skills people think are more important to level early, you know...literally two threads below this one >.>.
  • baconlube
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't think the plants should be skipped over. Mystics do have a lot of skills to level, but so does every class. I am, however, saving some of the plants for later, leveling the aoe heal plant + the one that gives pdef/mdef debuff, while the rest are still level 1 for now.

There's already a thread on what skills people think are more important to level early, you know...literally two threads below this one >.>.

thingg is, its not so clear cut, like psychics, e.g. dont lev tide form, lev dd skills. etc. etc. etc.
  • lightzq
    lightzq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's because it's only been a few days. People are getting acustomed to the class, getting experience and writing up a good guide for the newbies. Just contribute to the discussion in the other threads and actually read them (the ones that are not trolling).