unsummon pet?

Options
Vixter - Harshlands
Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
any way to unsummon your pet? besides letting it die from a mob? pressing the pet button doesnt recall it ^^ just summons a new pet again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
Post edited by Vixter - Harshlands on

Comments

• DoWStorm - Sanctuary
    DoWStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't think so.. Does it bug you that much?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ah, simple relogging gets rid of it ... wish there was an easier way though. and yea, its ugly, lol. and probably would be a nuisance when shopping or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • candlemon
    candlemon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    U learn a skill at lvl 49 that absorbs ur pet and increases ur stats... depending on the animal that is absorbed:
    1st summon: physical defense and crit. rate increased. (20 secs)
    2nd summon: magical defense and magical damage incrased. (20 secs)
    3rd summon: temporary healing and absortion of the damage increased. (30 secs)
    U can't absorb 4th summon, cause it only lasts 20 secs...
  • RoyalBlue - Raging Tide
    RoyalBlue - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So...im walking through a field of aggroable mobs...i find a fairly safe path that i easily walk through and not get my sqiushy butt killed...but uh oh. My summon wont unsummon so it pulls everybody while trying to folo me. Now in a situation like this (veno) would unsummon, reset the mobs, and go on her (or his) marry way. Sadly, this is mystic, and my summons are to hardcore to unsummon b:surrender. Poof goes the mystic and "pet". But hey, after its dead at least its stowed now. b:cute
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Looks like my mystic twins will be using zeal genies for pulling after all... =/
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Looks like my mystic twins will be using zeal genies for pulling after all... =/

Hmm actually it might be the contrary. While it's true that you can't fully stow it, when you resummon it what it does is stow the current one and summons another. Which is exactly how venos pull (stow-summon). Not only that but it happens faster than when venos does it(just takes one click and with less chanelling).

So not only can mystics pull like venos, it might even be more efficient.

Small disclaimer: I tested this only on low lvl mobs, not in the instances where pulling usually occurs. I will get there eventually and I'll post my tests.

But at this time there's no reason to assume anything changes along the way. So Mystics can pull.
  • Lady_Peach - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Peach - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can unsummon it, but it requires a mount, or maybe an all class pet, I know for sure summoning a mount unsummons it.
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There are 3 ways, energy leech, baby pet/mount, or opening a catshop. (It really does work lol)
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • Priea - Raging Tide
    Priea - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just tell it to halt and walk away from it.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thanks ALL of u for the ideas. i like the halt and run away one ^^

also, yea, luring with the summon works, u just gotta start casting it at the right time (if u dont want it to die, like in HH) dont know how survivable the pet will be, though, kinda sad it will replace the job of a veno tho >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kinda sad it will replace the job of a veno tho >.<

yeah...well more or less, everyone was using the zeal genie to pull anyways
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Getting carried by a guy works too.
    Rather unhandy if youre male or have to drag around a male with you though b:chuckle

So.. a little off here maybe:
    You can have a summon, plant and baby pet out at the same time?
    That would be a mess of things lol
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ah, simple relogging gets rid of it ... wish there was an easier way though. and yea, its ugly, lol. and probably would be a nuisance when shopping or something.

there is. if you put the pet on "halt" the pet will unsummon itself as u walk further away from it. i tried it and it seems to be a good way of summoning the pet.

just put it on halt and walk away. ull get a message like "devil chiyou has left"
  • Janeye - Raging Tide
    Janeye - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For females - having someone pick you up (embrace) then fly will unsummon a devil untill the next time you hit the summon button. I do not know if it works for any other kind of summon.
  • Onin - Harshlands
    Onin - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its big mess with these summons. I imagined what Archusaur will be like with so many pets. I lag and I cant see a damn thing from the clouds these devils are riding.
    Instead of glitching it why dont we just get unsummon button?
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They have a skill later that will consume the pet to gain stats (Consume Devil to add to pdef and crit rate, second summon to add magic def and mag attack, forgot third has to do with healing i think? idk) So that will be one way for people to hide them.

And I do not believe you can have an AC pet out at the same time as your summon. When I went to jump on my riding mount, he disappeared. However, if you look, when you summon the plant things, there is no "pet bar" (health, chi) for it therefore it's more or less a skill of a trap versus a pet. It doesn't matter how much damage it takes, it only will last one min (or however long it says)

Warning about those poison stinger plants: if you leave it and walk away to fight another, and respawn comes back and it's there it will attack respawn, and when it dies, you get aggro. If this is wrong, tell me, but I kept getting attacked by the Golden Oxes who respawned where I left my stinger xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • X_cupcakes_x - Archosaur
    X_cupcakes_x - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just tell it to halt and walk away from it.

LOL b:chuckle
  • MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver
    MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why does pwi fuuk up on simple things? it would make more sense to have an unsummon pet function. thats like not putting a log out feature or reseting your lvl all the way back to one when you log off. How hard is it to put a unsummon feature?
    download to claim you play,
    play a god forsaken amount to win,
    pay to cheat legally.
  • Squallrogue - Sanctuary
    Squallrogue - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think it's a bug. We're suppose to place the pet icon in the pet window where we can summon and stow it, but the pet window doesn't work.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think it's a bug. We're suppose to place the pet icon in the pet window where we can summon and stow it, but the pet window doesn't work.

That's for venos. Technically mystics don't really have pets, they only have skills that summons..stuff :'D
  • Lil_Riddle - Dreamweaver
    Lil_Riddle - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

is a very simple way. Tell it to halt, and walk away. b:victory I just learned this b:pleased
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why does pwi fuuk up on simple things? it would make more sense to have an unsummon pet function. thats like not putting a log out feature or reseting your lvl all the way back to one when you log off. How hard is it to put a unsummon feature?

Well, you can unsummon it by just telling it to stay put and walking away -- so leaving it behind. I find that when I want to unsummon it, it is because I am done killing for the quest and headed to turn in the quest. Plus when I do go to turn in the quest, I rather not have my summon adding to the overcrowding in the towns. So this method is no problem at all. Plus this method costs no mana whereas an unsummon skill most likely would. If you want to unsummon it to summon a different one then just summon the other one since that gives you your new summon and unsummons your old one all in one go (though the old one takes a little bit to fade away).