hello pepole! a new mystic here need fast help!

Options
Collpse - Harshlands
Collpse - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
hi!
im just wondering...
i need a build for my Atrributtes...
i want surviveabilty.... DMg less important, as long as im not dead! b:laugh
thanks! b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
Post edited by Collpse - Harshlands on

Comments

• ShaoliXen - Lost City
    ShaoliXen - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Roll a barb.

Seriously though you could go for a vit-magic build if you really want to do so. I'd still just recomend a pure magic build with good equips and skill to make up for surviability.
  • Collpse - Harshlands
    Collpse - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Roll a barb.

Seriously though you could go for a vit-magic build if you really want to do so. I'd still just recomend a pure magic build with good equips and skill to make up for surviability.

um... but im afraid it would be the same as i had with me Assassin.
    i went on a pure dex build, and every 5 mobs sent me to nearest city cuz of death.
    i really hate using an infinit pots and all that. so if i have fine Dmg but high surviveabvilty, i would be happy.

so give me all the options and ill choose one myself.
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There are really only two viable builds here:

-9 mag 1 str (pure)
    -7-8 mag, 1 str, 1-2 vit every two levels.

Pure mag is best still, though, imo (9 mag 1 str), because your heals and damage are higher, so you have better resources with which to protect yourself. Plus Mystics go through mana like mad, so every bit counts, and you might struggle with a smaller mana pool if you have 30-40 points into vit.

You can always shard and refine for hp later on, but mag isn't as easy to raise.

Edit: As for your above comment, sins don't have tanks at their disposal. Mystics do. Your pet is the tank, so you shouldn't be taking a lot of hits.
  • ShaoliXen - Lost City
    ShaoliXen - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystics are ranged characters so you "shouldn't" be getting hit at all since you have pets + ranged attacks + heals to cover you if you do get hit so you wouldn't die as much as your sin since they are melee and take damage directly.

Anyways, there is some good info if you look for it. Found your answer to your question a mere 11 threads below yours.

"PURE MAGIC
    STR = Armor Requirements
    MAGIC = Remaining.

Comments: More of Damage Dealing and Healing, very low HP.

VIT BUILD*
    VIT +2
    Str +1
    MAGIC +7
    *Per 2 Levels."

Link to the rest of the guide here.

EDIT: Curse you fast typers! *shakes fist* >.<