Time limit on items???

Chardenelle - Heavens Tear
Chardenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
Why is it that the sword we get from the tags of sharpness come with time limits? e-e
I don't have a lot of time to play this game, even though if I know I'll probably level, but this stressed me out.
Does this mean that the weapon from the lvl 50 supply stash is timed too? e____e
2lafomv.jpg
Post edited by Chardenelle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sridanu - Harshlands
    Sridanu - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yep it is kinda disappointing.

But im guessing they have applied this scenario for the other classes as well with this expansion.
  • Silcad - Heavens Tear
    Silcad - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Timed gear pisses me off. Didn't realize "..weilds a massive two-handed claymore" meant "A claymore specifically for your new race to keep! LOL jk, it'll be gone in a couple days"
  • TheBauhaus - Sanctuary
    TheBauhaus - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All classes have timed box weapons, now.

I made a tester veno just to see if it applied to everyone.
    And it does. Her magic sword will run out, all the same.

If it makes you feel any better, you won't need it for long. Just buy a sword (or duals), or use a quest one when you run out.
    I bought dual blades at level 15, because my box sword was timed and weak.
  • Donnessa - Heavens Tear
    Donnessa - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    considering you will get another quest weapon about 3 or 4 levels down the line you won't be disapointed for long.

TBH I was think along the same lines of: "Well what if I don't level up to the next tag within 2 days?"

But I think, you get enough stuff thrown after you by quests that you won't notice.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bleh, now I'm glad I kept my TT60 Magic Sword. I switched the the 50 chest Magic Sword when I opened it because it was about as good but also had the channeling bonus. And if it is timed, then I am going to need the TT sword again when it runs out.
  • Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A warning.
    If your a seeker and your weapon has a time limit, it might not be the time limit to keep the weapon but it could be the time limit for one of the buffs the seekers have.
    The buff doesnt have an icon like most buffs since it isnt cast on yourself.
    Its casted into your weapon and there will be a timer for buff.
    The name of this buff is Bladed Fervor.
  • TheBauhaus - Sanctuary
    TheBauhaus - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A warning.
    If your a seeker and your weapon has a time limit, it might not be the time limit to keep the weapon but it could be the time limit for one of the buffs the seekers have.
    There's a time limit for the lvl 5 box weapon.

The weapon use timer is green, and directly under the weapon's name.
    The Bladed Fervor buff timer is listed below the weapon's stats in orange.
  • Scry - Harshlands
    Scry - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just make sure when you trade in the flying feather, that you have tie to play at level 15-20. They actually give you quests with enemies in the air and some you have to fly up to certain locations. So if your free flyer mount's time runs out its kinda gg for you.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A warning.

I somehow doubt the buff, even at max level or sage/demon when those come out, will ever last two days....
  • Akamisan - Sanctuary
    Akamisan - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bleh, now I'm glad I kept my TT60 Magic Sword. I switched the the 50 chest Magic Sword when I opened it because it was about as good but also had the channeling bonus. And if it is timed, then I am going to need the TT sword again when it runs out.

If you had your weapon before the expansion, it doesn't have a time limit. I just checked my hammers from the 20 box and there is no time limit on them.
  • Chardenelle - Heavens Tear
    Chardenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just make sure when you trade in the flying feather, that you have tie to play at level 15-20. They actually give you quests with enemies in the air and some you have to fly up to certain locations. So if your free flyer mount's time runs out its kinda gg for you.

Wow really? :/ So you're stuck or forced to buy an EG flyer if it expires???
    That's really stupid -__- what would happen if your internet was unexpectedly disconnected due to things you couldn't control and you couldn't play? You're just screwed? :S

I just learned that the level 50 weapon has a time limit of 14 days -___-
  • Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear
    Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow really? :/ So you're stuck or forced to buy an EG flyer if it expires???
    That's really stupid -__- what would happen if your internet was unexpectedly disconnected due to things you couldn't control and you couldn't play? You're just screwed? :S

I just learned that the level 50 weapon has a time limit of 14 days -___-

Its nothing new for spiffy flying gear from the Stash box to have a duration stat. Other than the elves the other races Never got any flying gear until lvl 30 when they did a little Quest for it. The Supply stash did however give you a nice upgraded Aero gear at lvl 40 that lasted one week. I assume we still get a Quest given Flyer at lvl 30. And in that case Im not about to complain about being given a temp Flyer at lvl 15. Its just added Cake b:victory

But yeah, the duration effect on the weapons is new and a little bothersome. More so because it suprised and confused people opening their New stashes XD worst case ask a friend or faction member to toss you a cheapy weapon to keep in your bank in case your temp gear goes poof on ya
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if it the lvl50 weapon has a time limit then you shouldnt have to use a hammer to open it >.> its messed up that you pay to open and the weapon dissapearsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cilfyn - Heavens Tear
    Cilfyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its nothing new for spiffy flying gear from the Stash box to have a duration stat. Other than the elves the other races Never got any flying gear until lvl 30 when they did a little Quest for it. The Supply stash did however give you a nice upgraded Aero gear at lvl 40 that lasted one week. I assume we still get a Quest given Flyer at lvl 30. And in that case Im not about to complain about being given a temp Flyer at lvl 15. Its just added Cake b:victory

But yeah, the duration effect on the weapons is new and a little bothersome. More so because it suprised and confused people opening their New stashes XD worst case ask a friend or faction member to toss you a cheapy weapon to keep in your bank in case your temp gear goes poof on ya

You see, the thing is, you need the wings to finish your lvl 19 cultivation because you have a mob you have to kill in the air. It's not just a little inconvenience. Might actually cause a problem for some people who can't get on the internet during those three days.
  • oragern
    oragern Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You see, the thing is, you need the wings to finish your lvl 19 cultivation because you have a mob you have to kill in the air. It's not just a little inconvenience. Might actually cause a problem for some people who can't get on the internet during those three days.

Not true... Earthguard spells can attack airborn monsters while on the ground. Should be same for all spells that are ranged now.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    oragern wrote: »
    Not true... Earthguard spells can attack airborn monsters while on the ground. Should be same for all spells that are ranged now.

You do realisze they fly at a higher altitude then a seekers ranged attacks can reach right?
    And i do agree there should not be a time limit on the weapons, I am fine with a timer on the new flyers
    The EG 19 culti should be tweaked so it requires you to kill land or water mobs instead of the flying mobs now
  • Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear
    Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hmm, I suppose they expect in a few days you have enough time to get 4 lvls to get that Quest >.>

Least thats the only thing that makes sense >< Not saying its exactly a good thing to do tho.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Agreed with Purple_fury. That would be some BS. Some BS that I can totally see happening.
  • sleepingsight
    sleepingsight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if they have to have the duration on the items the should have a way to set it so the duration doesn't start until after you equip it...
    i ended up selling one of my items before it disappeared because
    I have midterms coming up and won't be able to play much, and I put my points into another spot so I couldn't even use the weapon unless I leveled up some more to get more points... so was a complete bummer there, at least we can still sell the items to the shops
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    just get someone to help you kill it.

its a pain.. they arent listening.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100