Perfect Horns

Nenor - Dreamweaver
Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Did you guys really have to put perfect horns in the supply stash? Give us a break and take them out please. b:angry
Post edited by Nenor - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    no dont take them out >.> i dont see a big issue with a horn going off once in awhile its not like it hurts you guys at all you dont have to read the chat there and infact i thought the wc spam about the person using the horn was more annoying then the person using the horn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Well, personally, it may not bother you, but personally, it annoys the **** out of me. And as far as WC goes.. I keep that turned off 99.9% of the time because i don't want to see it either. If WC bothers you so much, you can do the same. I can not turn off the horns. IJS
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It IS rather annoying, having big bright text flash across the screen every now and then...but at least it isn't quite as often as it was before...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Didn't know they had done that - what stash level are they in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It honestly isnt that bad, how do you guy manage the TW and Bidding Hall spam then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    >.> people are paying 5 gold currently just to open the stash to get the horns you think pwi is actually gonna take them outta the stash box? on top of that its once in a great while these horns get used to it and stop qqing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Doesn't bother me & I haven't even noticed any in wc for quite a long time. You make it sound like they give away 100s in stash. I think duke spam is much more annoying.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    It honestly isnt that bad, how do you guy manage the TW and Bidding Hall spam then?

My point exactly. There's already enough spam in the chat. And yes sqiuish, with the 'new and improved' duke.. it is even worse now. At the least, we should have some way of filtering SOME of it out , without adding more. jmo, nothing more
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lol, ppl want anything to **** about these days, I never saw the problem with horns personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wait, they put the horns back?

Dammit PWE, just when you were starting to restore some good faith, you go and pull this kind of ****? Do you not remember WHY they were removed to begin with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If it's just 1 horn at the lvl 65 stash that's no biggie to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *sings*
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah, short memories. guess they want everyone to leave again- they give people one, as a teaser, then next thing we see will be selling them cheap, and driving us all nuts. Duke they can sut up, but people with the horns will spam all channels with their garbage....again.
    Wait, they put the horns back?

Dammit PWE, just when you were starting to restore some good faith, you go and pull this kind of ****? Do you not remember WHY they were removed to begin with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    omg you guys are seriously crying about 1 horn people have to spend 5 GOLD to even see this is so rediculous i cant even say how rediculous it is. i mean seriously its not like everyone is opening boxes past 50. not to mention you only get 1 horn. 1 time use and its gone get over it and play the damn game dont like it then quit and stop ******** about stupid ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It is a little interesting to see the different reception compared to the last time Perfect Horns were a topic of conversation:

New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

I appreciate that there are differing circumstances compared to last time which I guess might explain it but interesting nonetheless.

I first time I came across it this time round was when a text window that for all intends and purposes was nonexistent beforehand suddenly appearred with the perfect horn message in large text appearing in the top left hand corner over my character status display as well as in the general chat box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    some of us have been here longer than you, and are older than you, so we know how both the game and the RL work. so its not fussing about just one horn, but knowing how this company has done things in the past. thats the real issue here.

omg you guys are seriously crying about 1 horn people have to spend 5 GOLD to even see this is so rediculous i cant even say how rediculous it is. i mean seriously its not like everyone is opening boxes past 50. not to mention you only get 1 horn. 1 time use and its gone get over it and play the damn game dont like it then quit and stop ******** about stupid ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    some of us have been here longer than you, and are older than you, so we know how both the game and the RL work. so its not fussing about just one horn, but knowing how this company has done things in the past. thats the real issue here.

no you havent been here longer then me this is escorian. i have been here longer then you. >.> cept this avatar doesnt show it wtf.
  • saphire1960
    saphire1960 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sorry i meant to post on this name and as you can see my join date > your join date.
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Name: (you will see)
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    when somebody is willing to spend enough money to spam wc with perfect horns then we'll have a problem, but until that day comes, let it be and calm down...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I logged in just to say....

ELOHELUMAD?

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011

You are forgetting, they can then just go buy more Account Stashes with Tokens, buy more Hammers, and use the horns from those as well. And PWI gets more money out of this, hence why they added them to the stash.

I don't have a problem with it every now and then, it's not nearly as bad as the duke shouting Best Lucks even before the expansion, as well as the biddinghall spam.

I plan on saving my horn till I hit endgame, then using it to announce that I am open for business as a Free Mercenary for people who are on a tight ingame budget. One announcement, one time only, and I plan to make it when people are not being hit with red text. And I plan to make it short and sweet.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    While I can agree with the folks saying "It's just one, it's from the supply stash," the problem is if you sent the message to PWE saying "it's okay, we don't mind," we will have issues again. Speak out before it becomes a problem, or I swear to you, it will NOT end with "just one horn from the supply stash."

Seriously, it's like allowing "only one barrel of toxic waste" or "only a small case of mercury poisoning." Rationalizing it will only make things worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    no you havent been here longer then me this is escorian. i have been here longer then you. >.> cept this avatar doesnt show it wtf.
    While I can agree with the folks saying "It's just one, it's from the supply stash," the problem is if you sent the message to PWE saying "it's okay, we don't mind," we will have issues again. Speak out before it becomes a problem, or I swear to you, it will NOT end with "just one horn from the supply stash."

Seriously, it's like allowing "only one barrel of toxic waste" or "only a small case of mercury poisoning." Rationalizing it will only make things worse.

it is just one horn and even if they put them back in the ah who cares? i dont so what if people spam the horns let em. it doesnt interrupt anything and it doesnt effect my play style horns are just teles basically so what if you cant censor them i normally have wc on in my other chats and tbh the crying about the teles are worse then the horns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I hate to break it to you all, but PWE really doesn't control the main aspects of the game (like the actual rewards of the supply stash). All the main things are controlled from the devvs in China. If I am not mistaken the GMs here at PWi can only change the boutique for the most part (from what I've figured out). Why do you think it took so long to get our DQ price reduction compensation, because the resolution and approval had to come from the devvs in China. So the horn being a reward from Stash being removed simply is not going to happen.

I actually feel bad for the GMs here that have to put up with all of our complaints when often there really isn't anything they can do. However if it is within their control or abilities I've noticed they do hold true to their word. If you remember, I do recall hearing a GM say that they would NOT bring back the horns unless they made a way you could turn them off (like world chat), and they have held true to this. Like I said, I figured it out; that for the most part they mainly have control over the boutique (and little if anything else). If you noticed the horns were never fully REMOVED from the game, just 'effectively' removed by no longer being offered for sale in the boutique. I know this for a fact because I saw someone speak with a horn they must have pulled out of their bank from way back before they removed them for sale, but they used it long after they were taken off sale (and prior to the Genesis expansion). To actually remove the horns from the game, well, that would be something that would have to be approved / done by the devvs in China...

So, to my fellow player-base, I feel your pain (to an extent). The horns do suck, however if a person can only get a limited number via supply stash, it's certainly something that I can 'live with' (and I'm sure you can too).

To the GMs and employees of Perfect World International, keep up your good work.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Oh, and for anyone who doesn't believe me. Perfect World Entertainment is a subsidiary of Perfect World beijing.

For those who don't know what a subsidiary is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiary

and as you can see here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World

perfect world is developed by (Beijing Perfect World):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Perfect_World

You'll notice Perfect World Entertainment is listed only as a publisher, therefore they ONLY have control over whatever Beijing Perfect World ALLOWS them to. Which it is to my belief that they can only freely alter the boutique (and possibly a few other overlooked 'small aspects' of the game, see my evidence / thought process of this in my above post).
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    .......so now I try to remind myself; that it's not Perfect World Entertainment that is ruining the game. It's Perfect World Beijing =\
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Horns never bothered me before. The only times they get annoying were when people would type one letter per horn to spell out "I love so and so" or some such. I can see why people get bothered by them since they're in every chat. To be honest I agree though, the spam over the horn was even worse than the actual use of it.

I don't see pwi removing them since it does give an incentive for others to open the stash. C'est La Vie :/
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Apparently ppl lack tolerance.....seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sorry i meant to post on this name and as you can see my join date > your join date.

Just thought I'd point out NEITHER of you have a damn clue when the other started playing...... join date on here is the join date on the FORUMS.... lol
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's not so much that it's one free horn, but moreso that there was a very negative backlash against the initial release so they decided to remove it. So what in the world are they thinking by re-adding them without changing the mechanics of what made people hate them so much in the first place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.