Summons vs Herc Tank Wise

Options
Faeble - Heavens Tear
Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
So, I was curious how do the summons stand up to the herc?

I know herc is supposedly (debatably by some) the best tanking pet and I am wondering how the summons stats compare later on to him. I am under the impression that herc still is the best and the summons can never be as good (otherwise how would pwi make their money off herc anymore? unless they release a SoF like thing to gather for a mystic for their "ultimate summon" or something.. not to give them ideas *sigh*)

Just curious how they weigh out in comparison.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
Post edited by Faeble - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Herc. Summon's def is same as LA def. Summon get more hp. But if you take more damage, no matter how much hp you got, if mystic is not fast enough to heal it, summon still die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Herc. Summon's def is same as LA def. Summon get more hp. But if you take more damage, no matter how much hp you got, if mystic is not fast enough to heal it, summon still die.

thats in the lower to mid lvls tho. as you get higher in lvls along with the summon the pet actually does just as good as the herc. atleast thats what ive heard from a few ppl that i asked in game that had veno mains.

there stats scale good with each lvl compared to herc. especially the lvl 59 summon. but that summon only lasts 20 seconds. so we will have to see what a lvl 100 devil chihyu looks like stat wise.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thats in the lower to mid lvls tho. as you get higher in lvls along with the summon the pet actually does just as good as the herc. atleast thats what ive heard from a few ppl that i asked in game that had veno mains.

there stats scale good with each lvl compared to herc. especially the lvl 59 summon. but that summon only lasts 20 seconds. so we will have to see what a lvl 100 devil chihyu looks like stat wise.

Wow, in a way I hope that is true, but also at the same time, I feel bad for all the venos who have spent hundreds to get their Herc. I have a feeling Herc will still come out on top by at least a little though, so PWI doesnt miss out on that bit of cash. But it's nice to know that the summon will actually turn out to be a nice tanking pet after all. (Wasn't sure how much tank it would be versus more of a DD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for now, or at least i can be completely sure, i would still rather use my venos herc to tank TT bosses and such (well right now, my lvl 37 mystic cant do that anyways XD), at least until 90+ or that i can be sure it is able to do. but hey, whenever we get to that lvl, we can just cast ress on ourselves and go try it XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystics pet heal also heals faster than veno's pet heal. They have the same base heal and % , but the mystics has .5 second channel and cast while veno's is 1.5 sec channel and 1 second cast.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Plus I hear that the mystics have a -chan skill, which could help with "healing faster".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

The def is about...3k to 4k lower at high lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But is all this including the buffs that hercs have...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The summons aren't going to be soloing bosses lol. You can't put strong/protect/bash on it for one thing.
    Plus I hear that the mystics have a -chan skill, which could help with "healing faster".

If it's anything like veno's pet heal, it wont make that much of a different. Honestly, 0.5 is already way too fast. -channel isn't going to affect it that much.
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kknboy wrote: »
    Mystics pet heal also heals faster than veno's pet heal. They have the same base heal and % , but the mystics has .5 second channel and cast while veno's is 1.5 sec channel and 1 second cast.

And the mystic pet heal requires nearly 3x as much mp as the veno heal does, so you won't see any uncharmed mystics tanking things that require spamhealing with Chihyus. Maybe the mana cost with the level 75 pots wouldn't be so bad, but still, 275 mp per heal is a lot.

From what I've seen on my low level mystic, the Chihyu is squishier than a Glacial Walker, even, nevermind a herc. But maybe that changes as you level + get better gear, because right now, it's more akin to a Dark Wanderer than a GW, in my opinion.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And the mystic pet heal requires nearly 3x as much mp as the veno heal does, so you won't see any uncharmed mystics tanking things that require spamhealing with Chihyus. Maybe the mana cost with the level 75 pots wouldn't be so bad, but still, 275 mp per heal is a lot.

From what I've seen on my low level mystic, the Chihyu is squishier than a Glacial Walker, even, nevermind a herc. But maybe that changes as you level + get better gear, because right now, it's more akin to a Dark Wanderer than a GW, in my opinion.

it does. everyone was right about the pet getting extra stat points from ur equips. i didnt notice before because at a low lvl the stat points u gain from equips are so small because of how sucky they are. but once u get upgraded rank 8 and rank 9 gear and such the pets stats will skyrocket up. not only that but they also get stat points from lvling up ur character and from lvling up the skill itself. so im fairly certain at higher lvls a summon can hold its own.