Why will you choose a Mystic?

Options
_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Now that there is a Mystic forum. I was wondering...

Of the two new Earthguard classes, why do you choose a Mystic over the Seeker?

That is, of course, assuming that you're willing to roll one of the two.

I, myself, would probably go Mystic, as a Veno is my main, and I like playing support, but not the main healer. Being a side healer and support would be fun.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Miss_Nikko - Lost City
    Miss_Nikko - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would say Mystic because they seem more of an all around support class, heals venos pets, players, able to DD from at far, and able to tank w/ pet. So that seem more appealing to me, that and they are a casting class ^_^.

so pretty much i can help anyone an be able to heal them as well as solo when i'm feeling more anti-social

The only way they can do all those things if they follow a pure AA squishy build... i'm just assuming at this point.

More off topic just thinking about it, so will a mystic will be able to go LA like a veno or HA? or will this be very unbeneficial to them?
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wanna play a mystic because I love the art of summoning:). I also like the support part of mystic too.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have been looking forward to playing a mystic!

I like playing casting classes!
    I like supporting!
    They look much more like the class I wanted to play when I first started out!

Clearly, mystics are a great aid to a squad and to clerics. What I am curious about is how much or in which instances or aspects of the game a mystic can replace a cleric. I think a mystic and veno combo could work extremely well! I am also very curious to see how the mana cost is, how the time limit on the various summons and plants works, etc..
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Most of the above reasons. I also wouldnt need to spend/farm a herc or nix b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm making one, and of course many female players will enjoy them for sure! b:dirty
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • _/Light - Raging Tide
    _/Light - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Most of the above reasons. I also wouldnt need to spend/farm a herc or nix b:chuckle

But how strong will the tanking pets be?
    I don't think it'll be as strong as herc/nix but will it be enough?
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    But how strong will the tanking pets be?
    I don't think it'll be as strong as herc/nix but will it be enough?

Well that depends on the mystic's gear:). I've read that a few time/talking to mooy also.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would say Mystic because they seem more of an all around support class, heals venos pets, players, able to DD from at far, and able to tank w/ pet. So that seem more appealing to me, that and they are a casting class ^_^.

so pretty much i can help anyone an be able to heal them as well as solo when i'm feeling more anti-social

The only way they can do all those things if they follow a pure AA squishy build... i'm just assuming at this point.

More off topic just thinking about it, so will a mystic will be able to go LA like a veno or HA? or will this be very unbeneficial to them?

yep, that's my reason aswell. and yes, since they use the existing weapons, they will be able to be LA. but not, the only sucessful spell caster with LA will remain the veno. only reason HA can work on a veno is because of it's fox form skill, and the skill that allows them a higher P attack in fox form. a HA mystic would be a rousing fail... however, i will be creating a LA mystic^^

i've heard they have a very high mana consumption habit, so the most effiecient biuld in terms of that would be the squishy arcane full mag biuld. however, if yer an insane apoth like me, focus powders will make up for the low mp tank O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mystic represents an opportunity to be the wiz that I never got to be. I can be a medium ranged caster. I can still be a carebear. I would have more survivability.
  • SandraPlease - Sanctuary
    SandraPlease - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am hoping mystic will be good in squads and also strong when going solo. They can cover many roles at least decently and it will be fun to see how that balances out.

My only worry is that they might not have enough AoE ability for higher level caves like fcc and delta.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For convenience reasons.

The mere thought of having to refarm TT for HA is not appealing.

Oh, and the other stuff too. And because magic classes are what I'm comfortable with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    They look much more like the class I wanted to play when I first started out!.
    I agree with you, this is the class I have been waiting for! I have a main who was my Veno, but once Mystic comes out I think my veno is going to become second alt that I never play. I may use my veno once in awhile to tame awesome cosmetic pets for my mystic. Other than that I will be playing full on Mystic.

The reason is I love being able to heal, I love pet classes, and I love the flying gliders mystics have. I also love the character customization for Earthguard, and the skill animations.

So all in all it is the perfect class for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide
    Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I will be a mystic... I love magic classes because their attacks look awesome..... And i love pets.... I am not allowed to have pets in real life so i want in game.... Playing is veno being a boy is weird...lol.... And the main reason, i love supporting.... :) my first char in PWI was cleric but it was fail :( .... I cant wait for genesis.... And hope we will be able to fly from lvl1 like elves...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I will be a mystic... I love magic classes because their attacks look awesome..... And i love pets.... I am not allowed to have pets in real life so i want in game.... Playing is veno being a boy is weird...lol.... And the main reason, i love supporting.... :) my first char in PWI was cleric but it was fail :( .... I cant wait for genesis.... And hope we will be able to fly from lvl1 like elves...
    Sorry to burst that bubble but you'll be hoofing it until lvl 15, where you'll get the free stash flyer (I hope they give us those new SS items)
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm playing a mystic because I love healing/supporting. And having an alt that would be a viable heal/support class? YUMMYb:dirty

EDIT: Oh, and i want that dammed rezz buff. Cheaper than lugging scrolls with me, I think.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm playing a mystic because I love healing/supporting. And having an alt that would be a viable heal/support class? YUMMYb:dirty

EDIT: Oh, and i want that dammed rezz buff. Cheaper than lugging scrolls with me, I think.
    Yes it is, cause at least you only need lvl 1 for that "ress scroll-ish" effect.

edited February 2011
    Options
    Sorry to burst that bubble but you'll be hoofing it until lvl 15, where you'll get the free stash flyer (I hope they give us those new SS items)

free stash flyer at level 15? i figured it would just be a quest. so does that mean that earthguard players don't get that lvl 15 ring from the stash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    free stash flyer at level 15? i figured it would just be a quest. so does that mean that earthguard players don't get that lvl 15 ring from the stash?
    They get both the ring and a feather to choose your flyer based on race, but its timed (the flyer of course).

• Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mystics are my favorite. you can heal and summon pets at your command ^^. and of course the feel of being needed and the looks of their skills b:cute
  • squall143
    squall143 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like pwi coz of its tw system n a mystic will b a gr8 class for pvp n tws !!

Mystic gt healing n res skill ( 1st skill :recover 350 + 40% of base magic attack

2nd skill: Bless the target. If attacked, the target will recover 714 + 30% of base mag. attack in 9 seconds. Effect lasts 1 min. )

which will make it awsom supporter n wid summons ( First summon:summons a devil (?) which does metal damage. Mystic can absorb powers from the devil to gain additional 50% of elemental defense and 150% increase of magic attack. Lasts 20 seconds.

Second Summon:summons the god of salvation which can buff you and your squad's defense. Mystic can absorb powers from this summon to absorb 4000 damage + 4500 hp recovery in 9
    seconds.

Third summon:Costs 30 chi. Summons a tree. It has a chance to reduce the enemy's movement speed by 40% and attack by 20%. Lasts 6 seconds. It can also ****ing explode and cause physical damage!!
    b:shocked
    ) n

imbba damaging skills (1st skill:100% base damage + 3494.8 wood damage + 12 meter knockback + cost 30 chi to cast

2nd skill: cause 14m AOE damage of 100% base + 2425.2 + chance to seal the target)

gonna make it an epic class !! Mystic will b a DD n a healer same time which will b b:dirty help for allies n b:surrender pain in the *** of opposition !!

NOTE: the skill info id frm Genital_Wart - Harshlands thread abt half n yr ago , so the damage , heal , CD ,vigor cost may change !! also sry dat i hvnt added the name of skills! Also dis is my first post do if i hv done ny mistek plzz let me no!! b:victory
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah I for one agree, Mystic is gonna be AMAZING!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
    edited February 2011
    Options
    just ta add anouther reason i fergot. i heard mystics can heal venos pets too, and i wanna be able ta heal my faction's tankers, and heal all my faction's veno pets too. it'll give them more time ta DD and run a muk of things without having to worry about their pets dieing^^

mainly wanna heal your oaki neko, gonna make yer big ol' fat *** yellow buddha happy so you have more time ta run off and get milk b:victory

and since we've lost afew healers, guess who'se gonna be backin ya up hask xDb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wylo - Raging Tide
    Wylo - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am hoping mystic will be good in squads and also strong when going solo. They can cover many roles at least decently and it will be fun to see how that balances out.

My only worry is that they might not have enough AoE ability for higher level caves like fcc and delta.

i shared that worry but, it should be ok, mystics get aoe curse traps that damage enemies if you make them explode, u have 2 summons that are capable of AOEing, (the 2nd and 4th) and you get 2 attack skills that are AOE. So i think we will get away with it b:thanks

at least i hope so lol...
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm going after mystie because my two favourite classes are veno and cleric - but when playing veno I feel bad about not having any buffs and heals to help my party more, and while playing cleric I miss veno's soloing ability and survivability. Mystic is a bit of both, so it should be perfect for me.

Also seeker doesn't appeal to me a slightest bit. I'm just not into the physical classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • lazyflyingtiger
    lazyflyingtiger Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I play cleric because I like being able to be independent. Don't do squads or factions. However I tend to find that I'm only ever using two skills which gets pretty dull. The buffs are okay but there's nothing clever about them. So I'm really hoping that the Mystic is going to be the great taste of everything. It sounds like it's going to have a big arsenal of tricks that should keep the player entertained with versatile combos (or so I'm hoping). As long as the survivability isn't too low it should be fun. It actually sounds like it might unbalance the game by making other classes obsolete and generally being overpowered.
  • Pantherahh - Dreamweaver
    Pantherahh - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i'm gonna be a mystic because the dance is smexeh <333 also cuz i looooovvvee magic users
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna make a Mystic beacuse after playing over 2 years on my Cleric and random alts I would really like to make a new character and settle down with a new main. Honestly, one of the things that attracts me the most about the Mystics are their flashy skills :P. I also like that they're partly a support class with a ress (pseudo ress), buffs, debuffs (using plants) and heals. Being a Mystic will let me keep some of the supporting abilities of my Cleric as well as try a whole new way of fighitng with the summons and plant summons. Not to mention, who knows what playstyles Mystics will bring to the table; maybe luring, or DD, perhaps tanking with pets? And, on a last note, I took a Botany class last semester, did great, and now I'm all about plants and nature/ b:victory .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • ajk2
    ajk2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Excited it is HERE
    JUst waiting for the update to finishb:laughb:pleasedb:victory
  • Squallrogue - Sanctuary
    Squallrogue - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm playing as Mystic and I got the Earthguard thinker armor and I adore the fetish style thinker shoes. A fashion that is worth mentioning.
  • Cael_Cross - Sanctuary
    Cael_Cross - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i'm gonna be a mystic because the dance is smexeh <333

This, choose male mystic for his killer dance movesb:victory