New computer, and PW stilll LAG?

Aoi_Tetzuru - Raging Tide
Aoi_Tetzuru - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
Hi all! :D

this is my problem, i have a brand new computer with

Core 2 Quad, 4 GB Ram, XFX nvidia GTS 250 1 GB, Motherboard XFX 750i

i cant play perfect world with all the settings in full without lag... D: like 3 to 9 FPS...

what can i do with this? i have a good internet conection 15mb broadband

Please help me :Ob:cryb:cry
Post edited by Aoi_Tetzuru - Raging Tide on

Comments

• leaxienzo
    leaxienzo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm having the same problem. My computer is old (an emachines) but normally I have a good connection. I tried playing PW SO MANY TIMES! But it lags to much. I can't even close out of it due to lag. I have to actually shut down my computer.

I also sometimes get the blue screen while PW is lagging, or PW shuts down and my computer lags like heck as if I'm still have PW running. Any idea on how to fix this?
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually, I think this is a real bug with the new expansion. Others have complained about this. In case it's not, try these graphics tips.

Trees and plants consume extra resources, so try turning them down completely. Also, the special effects "sharpen" and "soften" usually just make the game look worse on most PCs, so you could turn those off. My game performs just fine this way and I'm running an old processor. The one exception is the new Earthguard area. For that, I just need to turn down distance a litttle.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • leaxienzo
    leaxienzo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That didn't help. It doesn't say it's laggy when I hover the cursor over the one bubble thing, but I still lag.
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Your symptoms are typical of old computers. You could get a lot of help from a video card upgrade, but you really need to do your homework for that. You really just need an entirely new computer. Of course, the best way to buy one is to have a computer expert build one for you.
    b:victory

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All my specs are less than yours (not sure about your graphic card though....it's probably equiv.) and PWI runs faster (only drops 5 - 10 in crowded areas with full graphics settings). The problem is PWI doesn't run on a very efficient engine and some systems for various reasons simply have problems of their own. It's even possible that your machine is too new for PWI.

The Earthguard areas are especially crowded right now and with all the trees, plants and stuff that adds to the graphical lag....
    [Retired from PWI]
  • celestialsunberry
    celestialsunberry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have 8GB of RAM, two Nvidia graphics cards, a fast connection....and I'm lagging like no other REGARDLESS of how much I turn down my graphics. It's not improving anything. The lag is absolutely insane....oh well, right?
  • Ambroshus - Heavens Tear
    Ambroshus - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Have you tried turning off Water entirely? With the latest Nvidia drivers, it has caused serious video issues, in almost all games. Turning off water in PW helps a bit. The best Nvidia drivers to use are 258.96, everything after that are bugged to sh*t.
  • Lainnie - Raging Tide
    Lainnie - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've gotten that lag even on the previous drivers, for some reason i had to load firefox and look around on the PWI forms and it stops o_o which is werid, right now its not doing that even on the 268 version drivers as for me lately.
    I have 8GB of RAM, two Nvidia graphics cards, a fast connection....and I'm lagging like no other REGARDLESS of how much I turn down my graphics. It's not improving anything. The lag is absolutely insane....oh well, right?

You have SLI mode on them online? Best to disable that for certain games since it not that good for older games or you get loads of slowdown which its not designed for them normally.