I was just wondering whether to add vit to my mystic or not

and if i shall, what should the cap be?
Post edited by coolky on

Comments

• Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Personally I'm a fan of pure mag but if you feel your too squishy you can add points in vitality. Like maybe 1 point per 2 levels. Cap should be at 50, it doesn't hurt your mag atk too much but adds a good chunk of hp. And also you can restat them easily if you change your mind and want to go pure mag.
  • Sekaiya - Heavens Tear
    Sekaiya - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    coolky wrote: »
    I was just wondering whether to add vit to my mystic or not

and if i shall, what should the cap be?
    I am doing pure Mag build: 1 STR, 9 MAG every 2 lvls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★:: Playing since 2008 :: 100% F2P ::★
  • dezz85
    dezz85 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1 Str, 1 Vit, 8 Mag every 2 levels here as I only will be playing PvE style.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I will tell you from experience with cleric. A pure build beats a vit build.
    Vit has less magic damage so you will take longer to kill therefore taking more damage than if you just nuked it from the start.

On cleric my duel against same level vit build same weapon and roughly same gear: She hit me for 500 with lvl 10 plume shot. I hit her for 800 with level 8 plume shot. Big difference, imagine if I had level 10. And I beat her everytime. Her vit points couldn't give more hp then I could hit. Think about 3 hits in a row. She would hit for 1500. I hit for 2400. (again if all the same numbers ofc) But still, HUGE difference.

I know mystic isn't a cleric, but seeing as you can heal yourself, it comes similar and this is just to show the power of a pure magic.

Also, you are hiding behind a tank half the time, so if you know how to not take aggro from pet, you should be fine pve wise. pvp wise you will have a knockback that works in pvp to help and Falling Petals for when you get hit (Falling Petals is supposedly as strong as IH but doesn't stack and activates upon being hit for the first time and lasts 9 seconds)

Just some food for thought, if you do go vit I'd only do 1str, 1vit, 8 mag. And I'd cap vit around 30-40 ( I did that for my sin because he was squishy, so he isn't pure dex but yes I do suffer dealing damage wise)

*NOTE: Also take to mind that more magic (pure build) means more mana. Level one Res costs 650 mana.. which is for me, a pure, half my mana. VERY costly. I believe I read that sage/demon costs about 2k mana per cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.