Merit?

Options
dirtycar74
dirtycar74 Posts: 88 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
What's Merit?

In the newly retooled Faction dialogue, what is "Merit"?

are they like contribution points? If so, how to earn?
Post edited by dirtycar74 on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it's got to do with faction bases. unless your faction has (or plans to get) one of those, you can ignore it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Luvlylinda - Sanctuary
    Luvlylinda - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it's got to do with faction bases. unless your faction has (or plans to get) one of those, you can ignore it.

what do you do to earn merit when u do have a faction base?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what do you do to earn merit when u do have a faction base?

some sort of quests you get inside the base, i'm told. i don't have access to a faction base, so i'm going on rumors here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Tynice - Heavens Tear
    Tynice - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There are Quests / Daily Trivia that you can do to get Merit / Contribution Points

You can trade in Contribution Points for various things such as Training Tokens (more quests), weapons, armors, Buffs, or Dontant Contribution to guild for Base construction/health.

Faction Quests get you Materials (Tideborn = Flask which is water material) for base construction.

Merit / Contribution Points dont seem linked. Merit seems to be an overall number of what you have done for your guild (Contribution you keep vs donated Contribution from what I can tell)

700 Merit in Guild window could mean I have 300 Contribution on me and donated 400 to faction (Faction points as it seems to be called in the interfaces)

Hope that makes a little more sense.

Cheers..
  • Aiden_Glass - Lost City
    Aiden_Glass - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ok What if you dont have a base yet? I ask cause a member of my faction seems to have merit, but none of use know how he got it. He either doesn't know or is playing dumb.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There are Quests / Daily Trivia that you can do to get Merit / Contribution Points

You can trade in Contribution Points for various things such as Training Tokens (more quests), weapons, armors, Buffs, or Dontant Contribution to guild for Base construction/health.

Faction Quests get you Materials (Tideborn = Flask which is water material) for base construction.

Merit / Contribution Points dont seem linked. Merit seems to be an overall number of what you have done for your guild (Contribution you keep vs donated Contribution from what I can tell)

700 Merit in Guild window could mean I have 300 Contribution on me and donated 400 to faction (Faction points as it seems to be called in the interfaces)

Hope that makes a little more sense.

Cheers..

INCORRECT!

The Merit value increases. You can never decrease your Merit value unless you leave a faction.

Contribution points are a form of Currency, used to purchase items from inside the Faction Base.

Construction Points are used to help... You guessed it! Build the Faction Base (level it up).

Base Materials are also required to level up the base.

Each day, you are given a trivia question, a kill mobs for 5 drops quest, and a kill 15 mobs quest. Depending on the level of your Faction Base' Monolith, depends on how much Contribution, Construction, and Materials you get.

You can donate Materials as long as the Material Storage isn't full.

You can donate the Construction points at any time.

You should donate Materials and Construction points whenever you have them.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Sybarine - Sanctuary
    Sybarine - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ok What if you dont have a base yet? I ask cause a member of my faction seems to have merit, but none of use know how he got it. He either doesn't know or is playing dumb.

Last week's patch brought in a couple of quests you can take directly from the Faction Base Manager NPC, in addition to having to go into your base to pick up quests if you have one. There's a base manager in each starting city and in arch (the one in arch is at about 572 661).

For some reason these quests are available to people who don't have a faction base - I did one and got 83 merit, along with others in my faction. Some kept doing them daily and their total just kept going up. There are two quests: Trial and Merit. Trial gives you nice exp and Merit only rewards you with, well, merit.

The trial quest for my current level range is for mobs that don't exist in our version of the game, however on a 3x character the Trial is 15 easy mobs for exp comparable to CS. Haven't tried it on other characters yet.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Last week's patch brought in a couple of quests you can take directly from the Faction Base Manager NPC, in addition to having to go into your base to pick up quests if you have one. There's a base manager in each starting city and in arch (the one in arch is at about 572 661).

For some reason these quests are available to people who don't have a faction base - I did one and got 83 merit, along with others in my faction. Some kept doing them daily and their total just kept going up. There are two quests: Trial and Merit. Trial gives you nice exp and Merit only rewards you with, well, merit.

The trial quest for my current level range is for mobs that don't exist in our version of the game, however on a 3x character the Trial is 15 easy mobs for exp comparable to CS. Haven't tried it on other characters yet.

If it's like the other quests, then the mobs change every 10 levels or so. Mobs typically are level 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, or one level higher, so 36, 46, etc.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kieli - Sanctuary
    Kieli - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What if you don't have a base? I know you can still earn the merit but can you do anything with the points you get if you don't have a base? Or is it just there so it can show how much you do? Or even, has it not been implemented yet for those that don't have a base? Thanks in advance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Siggy made by me b:victory )
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If it's like the other quests, then the mobs change every 10 levels or so. Mobs typically are level 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, or one level higher, so 36, 46, etc.

The level bands are wider for the quests from the faction base manager. My 54 seeker has a Trial quest of 15 Torgirn Prime and a Merit of 15 Taurox Assassins. My 67 cleric has the same Merit quest, and a Trial for 15 of the non-existant Unjust Bowmen. My 87 venomancer has the same Trial, and a Merit for 15 Aurum Specters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • whytenoyse
    whytenoyse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If we leave guild with 20000 merit points where do they go?because i see in system u earn merit, does it transform into reputation? Can some answer me or if this doenst happen maybe is a good idea for pwi to implanted on next updade :)
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    whytenoyse wrote: »
    If we leave guild with 20000 merit points where do they go?because i see in system u earn merit, does it transform into reputation? Can some answer me or if this doenst happen maybe is a good idea for pwi to implanted on next updade :)

It goes poof.

Anyway, this is a necro.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.