Falling petals bug?

redblossom
redblossom Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Mystic
Dear players,

I just got the falling petals skill on my mystic, but I don't see any form of healing when using it. The skill discription says that I should get healed for an x amount of health when being attacked, but no matter how long I try, I Won't gain any health (aside from the normal hp recovery). Am I doing something wrong? Do you players experience this problem to?

Thank you all in advance!
Post edited by redblossom on

Comments

• Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Falling petals works sort of like IH. It heals that amount that the skill says over 9 seconds. After it's done the buff disappears and you have to cast it again. And at low levels the amount being so small, you don't notice it that much unless you're paying really close attention.
  • redblossom
    edited March 2011
    I'm not sure if that is correct. My mystic now has about 300 health and the healing petals skill should heal atleast ~100 health. If it is divided over 9 seconds then I should be able to notice it? (~11 health/second) But I really haven't noticed any health increase. Any other thoughts?
  • redblossom
    edited March 2011
    For some reason I am now gaining health as I should. (just logged in again) Thanks for the reply, perhaps it was just me then :)
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The "falling petals bug" is part of the reason I don't have this skill leveled.

At least for me, it likes to pick and choose when it wants to heal me/whoever I cast it on. I've taken 5 hits and almost died without it starting to heal before. But I've also had it activate on the first time being hit while having it on.

Haven't personally tested it recently, but those early experiences with the skill don't exactly make me fond of it... (I still put it on before a duel, just in case it decides it wants to work)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the description says 9 seconds AFTER being attacked. if i understand that correctly, it should mean that you get attacked, and then 9 seconds after getting attacked, then it should start to heal you. within the time the "buff" is left remaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    the description says 9 seconds AFTER being attacked. if i understand that correctly, it should mean that you get attacked, and then 9 seconds after getting attacked, then it should start to heal you. within the time the "buff" is left remaining.

The description is messed up, like several other skills. What it actually does is heal you a little bit 3 times over 9 seconds (3 heals total). It's like a miniature Ironheart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The "falling petals bug" is part of the reason I don't have this skill leveled.

At least for me, it likes to pick and choose when it wants to heal me/whoever I cast it on. I've taken 5 hits and almost died without it starting to heal before. But I've also had it activate on the first time being hit while having it on.

Haven't personally tested it recently, but those early experiences with the skill don't exactly make me fond of it... (I still put it on before a duel, just in case it decides it wants to work)

Made some tests on mobs and every time it started to heal me immediately after I got hit. 3 times in 9 seconds and after that the buff disappears. So didn't encounter any bug (except ofc for the description which is wrong).
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Made some tests on mobs and every time it started to heal me immediately after I got hit. 3 times in 9 seconds and after that the buff disappears. So didn't encounter any bug (except ofc for the description which is wrong).

Okay, I'll have to run some tests with it today, then. Because it was really glitchy on day 1 for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • cman117
    cman117 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Okay, I'll have to run some tests with it today, then. Because it was really glitchy on day 1 for some reason.
    o_o idk if any1 will read this but i have a mystic and i find falling petals only works with direct damage, doesnt work with things like poison and burn hope this helped

b:thanks
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    cman117 wrote: »
    o_o idk if any1 will read this but i have a mystic and i find falling petals only works with direct damage, doesnt work with things like poison and burn hope this helped

b:thanks

Nice nerco.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You really don't notice it, especially at low levels because it happens while you are fighting and you are losing hp's anyways. So you are usually getting damaged for more than you are getting healed.