A new 'tip'

NiightmareXz - Harshlands
NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but on the loading screens, there's a new "tip".
It reads something like this:
"Don't stand on an NPC's head. You won't like it when they get angry."
I read it as "We aren't fixing the rubberbanding, and we know if you land on an NPC's head and try to jump off, you will rubberband. This is how we are dealing with it. They're like the Hulk."

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but something about that tip just grinds my gears.
b:defeat

Oh, I should also mention I was looking at TT gear in the AH today, and some of the gear (Ex: Mountaincrasher Cruisses) has a class restriction, while other gear (The same kind, mind you) does not. Why is that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
Post edited by NiightmareXz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lol Thats kinda funny. Hmm be funnier if they just made the NPC kill you without exp loss for standing on their heads.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Lol Thats kinda funny. Hmm be funnier if they just made the NPC kill you without exp loss for standing on their heads.

I actually feared that was going to happen, til I stood on an NPC's head and realised it was just rubberbanding effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I read it more as "We know there's a problem with landing on NPC's, and we're trying to turn it more into a funny thing with this tip", because now, every time you land on a head, what are you going to think?

"Oh noes, it's gonna get angryyyyyy"
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
    edited March 2011
    I read it more as "We know there's a problem with landing on NPC's, and we're trying to turn it more into a funny thing with this tip", because now, every time you land on a head, what are you going to think?

"Oh noes, it's gonna get angryyyyyy"

I never found rubberbanding funny, I found it really annoying, actually. If they don't us to land on an NPC's head because of the effect, why do they autopath us to the top of their heads?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    First rule of developers, lol :)
    If you can't fix bug - add it to documentation as feature :)
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with rubberbanding when trying to get off an NPC's (or player's) head after landing from flight. I was like "OMG! This guy is so gonna think I'm rude for standing on his head!" My solution has been to reactivate the aerogear, move forward a smidge and then land normally. Don't try to jump/walk off... all you will end up doing is a Salsa Dance on top of some innocent persons head. >_>,
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I saw that also. They said in the patch notes they plan on actually working on some glitches soon, but the way that tip sounds they don't expect this issue to ever be fixed. It is now part of the game.

A wild glitch has appeared!!!
    -Immune to damage-
    Glitch used Rubber-Band!!!
    It's Super Effective!!!!!!!!!!
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I saw that also. They said in the patch notes they plan on actually working on some glitches soon, but the way that tip sounds they don't expect this issue to ever be fixed. It is now part of the game.

-Immune to damage-

You almost made me choke in my drink. XD

And to the OP: yeh... I would read it like that too .__."
    It does seem like this is their fix for it >.< soon you'll get like "don't run of the bridges in archosaur! You might go back in time!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh, I should also mention I was looking at TT gear in the AH today, and some of the gear (Ex: Mountaincrasher Cruisses) has a class restriction, while other gear (The same kind, mind you) does not. Why is that?

I heard it's not like that once you get it out of your mailbox.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but on the loading screens, there's a new "tip".
    It reads something like this:
    "Don't stand on an NPC's head. You won't like it when they get angry."
    I read it as "We aren't fixing the rubberbanding, and we know if you land on an NPC's head and try to jump off, you will rubberband. This is how we are dealing with it. They're like the Hulk."

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but something about that tip just grinds my gears.
    b:defeat

http://www.fdnyemswebsite.com/images/GrindsMyGears2.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And what if I rubberband when I try to get off of my Aerogear? Don't tell me those get angry too... b:shutup
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2011

-Immune to damage-

lol they've claimed for years they plan on fixing alot of things but its never happend imo the should stop highering kids that barely understand coding to do it and higher some people that actually know what they're doing instead.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    just relog or fly up and its gone >.>

then learn to be careful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BigPizza - Lost City
    BigPizza - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    LOL
    i find it funny cause they are probably never going to fix the rubber banding problem
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I also read it as an attempt for them to say "hey we know its an issue" but everyone gets WAY to angry about stuff sometimes. Its more like "b:surrender freaking out at us doesn't get it fixed any faster, we know it sucks."

Besides, rubberbanding when you land on an NPC's head is the BEST way to rubberband. way better than being bounced back into a bunch of mobs and causing a squad wipe, which I have seen happen.

We should be content knowing they are acknowledging it and trying to fix it, raging doesn't get things fixed faster. It's been around this long we can survive a little longer...
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Help them find the people using speed hax, then they'll have no reason to keep rubber banding ingame.
  • dirtycar74
    dirtycar74 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Besides, rubberbanding when you land on an NPC's head is the BEST way to rubberband. way better than being bounced back into a bunch of mobs and causing a squad wipe, which I have seen happen.

the worst is when youre being attacked already and are charmed - it literally EATS your charm... That's neither funny nor fun. Their way of making you pay more for a new charm... Again, capitalism gone fully awry, amuk, and absolutely profitable for the company.
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol they've claimed for years they plan on fixing alot of things but its never happend imo the should stop highering kids that barely understand coding to do it and higher some people that actually know what they're doing instead.

lol, they did have people who knew the original codes, but they fired them b:cry IDK why.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11834062&postcount=2408
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
    edited March 2011
    I also read it as an attempt for them to say "hey we know its an issue" but everyone gets WAY to angry about stuff sometimes. Its more like "b:surrender freaking out at us doesn't get it fixed any faster, we know it sucks."

We should be content knowing they are acknowledging it and trying to fix it, raging doesn't get things fixed faster. It's been around this long we can survive a little longer...

I would accept that answer if this was the first post ever made about rubberbanding.
    Sadly there was already one made...
    about 2 years ago.
    just relog or fly up and its gone >.>

then learn to be careful

1. Some people do not have aerogear. Try the starter classes. I know they get aerogear at lvl 15 for 3 days, but if you aren't there yet or blahblah. Regardless, if they didn't have aerogear they wouldn't be ontop of an NPC's head. But there's other places that rubberband without having aerogear and the only way to get rid of it is to wait it out or use a flyer... which they wouldn't have.
    2. Relogging is a good idea, but, and i don't know about other players, I have a very limited time to play the game before work and can only play for about 20 minutes before I have to go to sleep for the next day of work and it takes me around 5 minutes to relog because my computer is slow. -__- I don't want to spend my game time relogging every time I rubberband.
    I have been trying to be careful about where I land now, but at times I'm just like "**** it, I'm landing on this NPC's head."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011

-Immune to damage-

Lol that's a pretty epic...uh, pokeglitch? o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    >.> dont complain on these forums the rubberbanding is in the Chinese version too so if you want it fixed go to the chinese forums and make them fix it since our gms dont have the ability to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    >.> dont complain on these forums the rubberbanding is in the Chinese version too so if you want it fixed go to the chinese forums and make them fix it since our gms dont have the ability to fix it.

There was a patch note that stated rubberbanding was reduced in certain areas of the map. PWE can fix it, but adding new dances is more important to them, obviously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's pretty obvious why it's happening. Ever since PW started a large crackdown on fly hackers rubberbanding has been happening. To combat fly hacking they introduced some sort of coordinate checker that seems to consistently send to the server the clients location and the server checks it validity, sends it back and the client updates. Something obviously went wrong with the way this is checked on NPCs or in other tricky situations (when flying forward and dropping you fall in an arc) but since it cut down the number of fly hackers it must have been deemed a worthy sacrifice.

Unfortunately it seems that the laggier it is the more prone you are to rubberbanding which is a direct cause of sending the location from client to server and back.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I watched a friend get stuck in the worst rubberband ever.

It happened in the water, and right above the water. He had no aerogear, and couldn't even equip any if he had any, because he was too low level.

He relogged damn near 20 times, and was stuck in the same spot for close to 2 hours. At first, he was rubberbanding underwater, then he was swimming in the air above the water, and that is where he got stuck for 45 minutes.

Eventually, it let him go, and he ran out of the water, power leveled to 30, and got aerogear.

Which brings me to another problem... Rubberbanding while deep underwater. It's happened to me. I couldn't fly to get out of it, I was on the bottom of the freaking ocean. I relogged, and was still unable to move, though swimming normally (not seizure-induceingly twitching around the planet). After 4 minutes of not touching a movement key, it just 'let go' and I swam away.

I was quite pissed.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There was a patch note that stated rubberbanding was reduced in certain areas of the map. PWE can fix it, but adding new dances is more important to them, obviously.

actually the patches come from the chinese version the patch notes are from there too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Man, I swear...they were on drugs when they made this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Man, I swear...they were on drugs when they made this game.

Especially when they made the EG's Thunder and Lightning quest. I mean....what were they thinking....or were they?!? b:surrender
    [Retired from PWI]