Mystic summons (a small guide on summons)

Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Mystic
**UPDATED 3/3**

So this is as much as I've figured out so far. You are welcome to share your own experience with summons.

Few basics
What is a summon? Summons are not pets in the same sentence as veno's pets. You cannot tame a summon. They are skills, which means you can find your summons in your skill tree.
How do I get a summon? The same way as you learn skills, at Mystic Skill Trainer. However, you will need a skill book in order to do this. At an appropriate level a quest will auto trigger. You need to finish the quest to get the book for your summon.
Can you unsummon it? As for now it seems that you can't. The only way to get rid of the summon after you summoned it is either to relogg, die, let it die or through the sacrificing skills (see below).
Do I need to level up my summons? No. Summons stay same level as your character. But you gonna have to resummon it after you level up.
How many summons can I have? There are two main categories of summons. One is a plant type and an other is more of a pet type as veno's pets. You can only have one of the each summon types out at a time, so total of 2. It's been discussed that you may have up to 3 at a time (see more details below).

Summon types

Pet type
There are two types of summons. First one I call the permanent type or the pet type, simply because they are most similar to the veno's pets. It means they have a pet's skill bar with own skills and actions just like veno pets do. I also call them permanent because they will stay with you for unlimited time until you or the summon dies or if you sacrifice it. You can only have ONE of these summons out at a time. These summons fall within the 3rd row from left in your skill tree, so there's a total of 4 summons of this type: Devil Chichyu (7), Storm Mistress (23), Salvation Emerges (33), Cragglord (59). The first three summons are permanent, the last one however only lasts for 20 sec. But it goes under this category, I believe, is because it also has an own skill bar (has to be confirmed though).

The difference between the summons are their abilities. As I already mentioned they have an own skill bar. Their difference has also to do with what boost they give after being sacrificed (see below). An other thing about the pet type summon is that they need MP to use their skills (it can also attack w/o skills). You can transfer your own mp to the summon with Transference, skill starting at level 17.

Plant type
Now 2nd type of summons are the ones in the 5th row from left, a total 6 summons of this type. Those are limited, which means you can only have them summoned for a limited time. The first 5 summons stay out for 1 minute, while the last 6th one only last 20 sec as well. Their difference is again their abilities. They cause some kind of debuff or paralyze. Some plant summons also heals. But these summons don't have a skill bar compared to the first type. You can also not heal them and they don't use mp.
Most of them are also AoE except Punishing Sting which is a single target. If a mob dies and the summon is still out, it will auto atk/debuff other mobs nearby. Also first time you summon these, you need to have a target to where you want it summoned. It will stay in same place until it disappears.

You can only have one of this type of summons out at a time. I thought at first that you could spawn several plants at once. This is however not the case. So apologizes for earlier misguidance. But you can still however have one plant type and a pet type summon out at once.
In the first row with attack skills there's a skill that says it will summon plant to deal Wood damage. This could be a 7th plant summon, but I think it's a regular attack. It doesn't have a duration time for the summon. So in any other case this skill/summon could also possibly be used with the other two types. Someone also suggested that the 20 sec summon could be out at the same time as well (this needs to be confirmed).

Sacrificing summons

There are two skills that makes you "sacrifice" your summons. In other words explode and give different kinds of effect. For pet summons this skill is called Energy Leech, learned at lvl 49. It only works with the first 3 summons but not with Cragglord! Each of the 3 summons of pet type that I mentioned earlier (beside their skills and normal attacks) also give some sort of effect when you sacrifice them by using Energy Leech. In each of the summon skill description you can see e.g "Use Energy Leech to improve your physical defence by X% and Critical rate by X%". This is the case of Devil Chicyu summon. By sacrificing pet summons you normally get a positive effect on yourself (buffs).

For the plant type summons goes a different sacrificing skill, called Lysing, which makes them explode (learned at level 19). Again, depending on the plant/summon, it will cause a negative effect (debuff and/or aoe dmg). E.g. Punishing Sting description says "The Lysing of Sting Nettle (description has a different name) deals 4x physical damage". The Lysing skill makes all plants within range explode (18.4m range at lvl 1) and cause AoE dmg for 10m of EACH plant. Since you can't have more than one plant summon out at a time, my assumption is that plants of all other mystics within the range will be affected. You need to have a target selected to use Lysing. By target it means the mob, not the plant that you want to sacrifice. Now if you have for example 5 plants around the target (yours and other mystic's plants), they will all cause 4x dmg each in an area of 10m around each plant. So the actual area could be greater, depending on how spread out they are. Cool huh? Just note to be careful, because you can aggro a lot of mobs when not needed.

Leveling up summon skills

(Note that this section should not be mistaken with the level of the summons (which they gain themselves as your character level up). This is concerning leveling your summon skills (which goes from 1 to 10) and the skills of your summons.)

This part can be a bit confusing since the word "skills" is involved a lot. Someone asked a question about the summon skills, so I will explain it a bit.

By leveling your plant summon skills, a couple things will happen. You will improve either a) their healing ability (goes for both healing plant summons), b) their debuffs after plant been sacrificed and c) debuffs when they been summoned. This varies between the plants. For example upgrading Listless Blossom only improves sleeping effect that comes from sacrificing plant, NOT the effect from a summoned plant.
I am unsure what happens if you level up Punishing Sting skill/summon. According to ecatomb there's no other stat that changes other than mp and range.

For the pet type summons goes that mainly their buffs/healing ability gets better when you level up your summon skill. Also since they have their own skill bar, their skills wills automatically level up when you have leveled your summon skill. For example my Devil Chihyu is level 4 now and my summon's skills also upgraded to level 4. I'm not sure if it goes all the way to 10 which is the max level of each summon skill. This has to be checked.

Leveling sacrificing skills
By upgrading Lysing, you will increase the area within which plants will explode. Does NOT affect explosion area of the plants. According to ecatomb, the cooldown will also increase. At level 1 Lysing has a cooldown of 46.6 sec and at level 10 157sec. This is however incorrect. Cooldown is only 7.5sec at level 1. Needs to be looked into what cooldown is at level 10.
By upgrading Energy Leech I only assume that it will give you a buff that makes you immune to stun and freeze for 6 sec at level 10. The skill inscription is a bit unclear. Cooldown supposed to be increased as well.

I hope that makes few things a bit clearer :)
*Semi retired*
Post edited by Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, that was helpful!b:pleased
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    perhaps with a mystic, it might stop the power levelers as you need the quests to get the books?
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Updated first post with sacrifice skills. b:victory
    *Semi retired*
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The level 59 summon only lasts 20 seconds and does not work with energy leech.
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Updated first post with sacrifice skills. b:victory

Those sound awesome, I might have to rethink my endgame plans. (or lack thereof)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The multiple plant summons will be the first thing they nerf due to QQ, this is my prediction
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The multiple plant summons will be the first thing they nerf due to QQ, this is my prediction

Would be funny though..seeing people QQ bout "creepers" or "blossoms" with looks that don't help either
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Very useful and well put. Stickied!
    edited March 2011

Thicket summon goes under the first tree with all the attacks.. So yeah I guess there is a "7th" plant summon. But it falls under a different tree, so I didn't refer to it.
    Very useful and well put. Stickied!
    Woot. Thx. :o
    I will reconstruct it a bit after I tested some more of them. ^^
    *Semi retired*
  • khaleeji
    khaleeji Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So Im lvl 20 and I got this book Befuddling Creep I went in Arch at mystic npc and back to Tellus to trainer but i dont know how to learn this book pls help
    edited March 2011
    You need to choose option "Learn Skills" and have the book in your inventory. If you see the skill but can't learn it (if its sorta greyish) then you're lacking spirits and/or coins.
    *Semi retired*
  • khaleeji
    khaleeji Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I cant see the skill , I got 4 skills in the list that I need to learn but not enough spirit and I got in the bag the book , I have 3484 spirit right now
  • KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I must be missing something here, but how can you summon multiple plant summons?
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just preformed a simple test on my level 11 mystic.

When I summoned a second Punishing Sting plant, the first one disappears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thicket summon goes under the first tree with all the attacks.. So yeah I guess there is a "7th" plant summon. But it falls under a different tree, so I didn't refer to it.

You mis-understood me, I meant that the Craglord Summon in the chain with the 3 other battle summons only lasts for 20 seconds. On the flip side its skills don't take any (pet) chi and are powerful AoEs

Otherwise I agree with you about Thicket b:victory
    I just preformed a simple test on my level 11 mystic.

When I summoned a second Punishing Sting plant, the first one disappears.

Didn't I mention this like 2 months ago or something? lol. Oh well its always good to confirm things lol
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Didn't I mention this like 2 months ago or something? lol. Oh well its always good to confirm things lol

Yeah, I seem to recall that. Just figured I'd post it here because the OP states that you can have several out at one time, and I don't want a mystic guide to have false information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They fixed that in Wanmei already, I guess OP didn't notice it.

They can summon one normal summon, a 20 sec summon, and all plants. But I think it got fixed and only allow one plant one summon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • samwulf
    samwulf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Anyone know does lvling up the smn's skill have any effect on the pet type summons or do they just change the sacrifice stats?
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Both sacrifice stats and summon's skills. Not summon skills, its summon's skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • whitegoesrawr
    whitegoesrawr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

You are so Right MindCrafit is AWEZUM!!!!!!!!!!!!b:laugh2b:victoryb:victoryb:pleasedb:chuckleb:laugh
  • Sekaiya - Heavens Tear
    Sekaiya - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks a lot for this :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★:: Playing since 2008 :: 100% F2P ::★
  • shadesofgraey
    shadesofgraey Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you definately can't summon multiple plants. A good reason too... Imagine how op it would be to summon 10 plants in tw around your cystal and one shotting every cata barb that doesn't have invoke up when you lyse them lol.
  • Hugh_Jass - Dreamweaver
    Hugh_Jass - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you definately can't summon multiple plants. A good reason too... Imagine how op it would be to summon 10 plants in tw around your cystal and one shotting every cata barb that doesn't have invoke up when you lyse them lol.

Can we say minefield boys and girls? I knew you could b:sinb:cool

edit: can summon at least one punishing sting and one creeper at one time, haven't been able to test more than a single type of plant, but can get both out on the field at once.
    edited March 2011
    Guide has been updated and reconstructed. Ty for inputs.
    *Semi retired*
  • Amberantheia - Sanctuary
    Amberantheia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can you unsummon it? As for now it seems that you can't. The only way to get rid of the summon after you summoned it is either to relogg, die, let it die or through the sacrificing skills (see below).

You can also unsummon them by getting on a mount *ground mount, not flying ones*, embrace and by setting up a catshop
    edited March 2011
    samwulf wrote: »
    Anyone know does lvling up the smn's skill have any effect on the pet type summons or do they just change the sacrifice stats?

I am unsure what happens if you level up Punishing Sting skill/summon. According to ecatomb there's no other stat that changes other than mp and range.
    The other plant summons is a mix. By leveling them up you either enchance their debuff ability when you summon them, or their healing ability, or their debuff ability after you sacrificed them. This depends on the plant.
    For the pet type summons goes that mainly their buffs/healing ability gets better when you level them up. Also since they have their own skill bar, their skills wills automatically level up when you have leveled up your SUMMON SKILL. E.g my Devil Chihyu is level 4 now and my summon's skills is also level 4. I'm not sure if it goes all the way to 10 which is the max level of each summon skill.

Added an explanation of this to the guide.
    *Semi retired*
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    It might also be good to note in the "Can you unsummon?" part of the guide that you can also

- Embrace
    - Set up a catshop
    - Get on a mount
    - Bring out a baby pet (?)
    - Command it to stay and walk out of distance

I might be missing some, but those are the ones that I've heard or tried myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • BladesDomain - Lost City
    BladesDomain - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:scorn
    perhaps with a mystic, it might stop the power levelers as you need the quests to get the books?

hatin on power levelers.. u just jealousb:scorn and no it wont lol seaweed theifs and bms yippee :Db:sin
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hatin on power levelers.. u just jealousb:scorn and no it wont lol seaweed theifs and bms yippee :Db:sin

Nah, we're just preparing mentally for the bunch load of high level noobs who don't know how to play that power leveling creates.
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011

They can summon one normal summon, a 20 sec summon, and all plants. But I think it got fixed and only allow one plant one summon.

You can summon multiple plant summons--not of the same type, but one of each. I had three plants and a pet summon attacking a boss yesterday.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno