Report Bug after char chose menu+no char at menu

ciddel
ciddel Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Hey...maybe anyone can help me, since Genesis Update i cant log into the game anymore,
i can start PWI and also log in, but at char chose menu i cant see any of my chars and if i try to log in game crashes and report bug appear, i checked my graphics, reinstalled the game, verified all datas...but still nothing....
Anyone got a clue why it couldnt work?

Greetings
Post edited by ciddel on

Comments

• greenhesus
    greenhesus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got the same problem, nothing helps so far ( i try on 2 graphic cards, different versions of drivers and directx-nothing change). I think it is old Athlon SSE issue.
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    greenhesus wrote: »
    I got the same problem, nothing helps so far ( i try on 2 graphic cards, different versions of drivers and directx-nothing change). I think it is old Athlon SSE issue.
    Hmm found that GMS thread about chinese language pack...ill re-update it..hopefully itll work then:/
  • Sealana - Raging Tide
    Sealana - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got same problem. Already tried chinese language packs too, didn't help.
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    Hmm>.<...anyone know why it wont work then?b:surrender
  • Baoxian - Raging Tide
    Baoxian - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I had the same Problem, until I verified the Files.
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    Also tried to verify data...but still nothing... i can go until char choose menu..then no chars there...just on left side the char data...if i create..just earthguard there but totally nacked and i cant customize..other classes not there...
    idk reinstalled like 3 times now...getting sick of that sht:/
  • Banny - Harshlands
    Banny - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've got same problem here, Tried to Uninstall/Re-install and Verify 5 times or so doesn't matter if it's manual or auto-patch it fails at character selection screen where i can see my character's names and lvl's but the character itself it's invinsible, only when trying to create an EarthGuard it shows a model but not finished though(Naked, Bald, No eyes) when i try to customize i get an error sending me back to desktop and giving me a bug report which i submitted at least once, if i try to log in same thing happen, it crashs. i think it's something wrong with the Model Package because the background loads perfectly. i submitted a ticket and got this answer also

Have you tried the Verify option in the front end (beginning game launcher - smaller menu) of the game?

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.

2) Start the game, click on the Verify button on the game launcher menu, click on Yes, and let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also redownload any files that don't match.

3) This will take some time. Please be patient.

4) After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If this does not help, you may need to uninstall, and then re-install and freshly patch the game.

At your own risk, you can also try disabling/turning off your antivirus/firewall software before starting the game launcher and before running Verify. Once Verify has finished, and you can login and play the game, then turn your AV software back on.

I really did all this and still having the error with models, like i said the background loads perfectly. atm i don't know what to do anymore =) i hope gms post some kind of updated genesis client so we can download, because something on genesis doesn't seen compatible with the Rising tide version. b:surrender
  • Banny - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I forgot to post the problem's screenshots...well here

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6218/failed1.png

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1411/failed2.png

Everything looks fine except for characters b:sad
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    Yep... exactly my problems i have with the game...and still nothing works...WTF!!
    This pissing me off...hope theyll fix it soonb:angry
  • Banny - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I installed Simplified and Traditional chinese packs and uninstalled/re-installed and patched and same error lol. i also updated my video card driver and same error.well going to leave the patcher veirifying again while i go to work. Note to Gms: Take Cover!!! :O these patchs has gone rogue lol they're trying to kill me b:beatup b:lipcurl
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    I already updated my graphic card and directx...also got the chinese language packs,
    i re-update it at the moment...hopefully itll work now...gonna see it in like 1 hr^^...
    well if it wont work again then idkb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    WTF!!!!! ** IT.....3rd **** TIME REINSTALLED, VERIFIED ALL, RE-UPDATE, FKED....
    SERIOUSLY WTF GMS?!??!?!!!
    IT IS NOT MY **** PC....
    GAME DONT WORK SINCE GENESIS...
    WTF MY 500 DOLLARS DAGGER I MADE FOR NOTHING NOW??
    ** IT MANb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • SamKemmer - Dreamweaver
    SamKemmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Where is the solution PWI? Are u doing something about this issue? I have the same problem related by the other in this tread.... and yes i send a ticket... and nothing!!!!

Beleave me, i tried ALL to fix the problem but its a bug in genesis expansion... the solution is not in my PC, its need to be fixed by urs developers, who, for me, are the problem in the first place....
    SamKemmer - Assassin.
  • Banny - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I'm back from work and well.....my patcher Verified pwi files again......i open the game without any trouble i log on character selection screen and still no characters appearing only earthguard model and i can't log in because it crashes.....so i've a question....since i'm not able to log in cause it crashes...is there any chance for me to lose my characters equips and such? or if gms bring it a "fix Patch" everything will be normal like it was on rising tide? b:cold
  • Banny - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Ok Good News i logged on my lvl 100 veno just fine b:victory .....i discovered ArcSoft program for video conversion it's not compatible with the game...so i deleted Arcsoft software and everything running smoothly b:thanks i hope this helps some of you b:cute
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    Oh lucky:/
    i really tried ALL now and still nothing...4th day without working...
    looks like the model data pack is missing or something
    hope they gonna fix it...however
  • ciddel
    edited March 2011
    YAY...Banny my herob:chuckle
    also found ArcSoft video converter on comp (didnt know i got it Oo)
    removed software and now it works...
    thx so much...sometimes players found more out than GMs lol
  • greenhesus
    greenhesus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Same for me (winfast tv card using arcsoft) but still got some problem. I can play the game, but sometimes it freezes:|
  • Drizzt - Heavens Tear
    Drizzt - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm also having this problem. My drivers are up to date, i tried several different levels of graphics settings, and still nothing. I have a pretty reasonable computer graphically, and have specs well above the recommended.

I'm running Windows 7 currently.

Edit: I don't have ArcSoft or any other video converter on my computer, so that's not the issue here.
    Played in the beta, got so burnt out I quit for almost a year. Moderate your game time folks!
  • silentplease
    silentplease Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well . all what we can do is to wait till the next patch , maybe it get fixed
  • silentplease
    silentplease Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ok Good News i logged on my lvl 100 veno just fine b:victory .....i discovered ArcSoft program for video conversion it's not compatible with the game...so i deleted Arcsoft software and everything running smoothly b:thanks i hope this helps some of you b:cute

Banny , where can i find that ArcSoft program? ty :)