Crit finally displays correctly :)

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
You never used to be able to see crit from demon masteries or crit buffs but now it finally shows correctly in the char sheet :)

Nice undocumented fix.

I also like how you can switch mounts without dismounting.

Hopefully we'll see more fixes like this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    RedFangz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    YAY! i hope they fix rubberbanding soon too :P
    True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
    >>http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf82353e88e001a6<&lt;
    They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
    16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tested Demon Sunder just now, it only shows I have 95% crit when I do it, is that a cap or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tested Demon Sunder just now, it only shows I have 95% crit when I do it, is that a cap or something?

Well sins could have 100% crit, So I guess they capped that OPness. . .? Not that those 5% would make a difference. . .
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    Omgpie - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well sins could have 100% crit, So I guess they capped that OPness. . .? Not that those 5% would make a difference. . .

and explain how a sage sin can achieve 50% base crit? or demon sin achieving 60% base crit?
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and explain how a sage sin can achieve 50% base crit? or demon sin achieving 60% base crit?

Ugh, I can't remeber, but a while back, people created a 100% crit build somehow. I'll see if I find something. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    power dash adds a huge amount of crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options

How come you think that Demon has more base crit then sage? The mastery gives 2% crit, though Sage Power dash increases crit by 50%, while demon only increases crit by 40%.

Max base Crit i manage to calc is 43%, which even with sage power dash only results in 93% crit. I can't seem to recall how they did it. QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How come you think that Demon has more base crit then sage? The mastery gives 2% crit, though Sage Power dash increases crit by 50%, while demon only increases crit by 40%.

Max base Crit i manage to calc is 43%, which even with sage power dash only results in 93% crit. I can't seem to recall how they did it. QQ.

I don't think actually getting 100% crit for real is possible. However, if you count the effect Wolf Emblem has on your crit% and use a high enough crit% as a base, you'll get that your crit% effectively adds a multiplier that is greater than 2, e.g. effectively more damage than having 100% crit.

It's rather easy to find out:
    When you crit, your damage is multiplied by your Rage Damage %.
    When you don't crit, your damage is multiplier by 1.

So you get crit%*(1+R%) and 1 and the sum of these is the average multiplier. R% is the additional you get from Wolf Emblem; e.g. for non-assassins, R%=0.

Now, Sage Wolf Emblem adds 20% Rage Damage and Sage Power Dash with 43% base crit gives you 93% crit, so the effective increase to your damage from critical hits is now 1+0.93*(1+0.2) = 1+0.93*1.2 = 2.116.

Now, let's assume R% = 0 and solve for crit% for the multiplier to be 2.116:

1+crit% = 2.116
    crit% = 2.116 - 1
    crit% = 1.116
    crit = 111.6%

So what's the conclusion here? Well, if you compare an Assassin with Wolf Emblem to any character without Wolf Emblem, the effective increase in damage from crits for the assassin would be at least equal to the other class playing with 100% crit.

Though, for you to reach the 2.00 multiplier, you need at least 84% crit to begin with. So effectively speaking it only happens with Wolf Emblem. Which leads me to conclude that Sages are actually pretty good in terms of DPS, as they get a permanent Wolf Emblem and the +50% from Power Dash. Especially if you use glitch the power dash.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't think actually getting 100% crit for real is possible. However, if you count the effect Wolf Emblem has on your crit% and use a high enough crit% as a base, you'll get that your crit% effectively adds a multiplier that is greater than 2, e.g. effectively more damage than having 100% crit.

It's rather easy to find out:
    When you crit, your damage is multiplied by your Rage Damage %.
    When you don't crit, your damage is multiplier by 1.

So you get crit%*(1+R%) and 1 and the sum of these is the average multiplier. R% is the additional you get from Wolf Emblem; e.g. for non-assassins, R%=0.

Now, Sage Wolf Emblem adds 20% Rage Damage and Sage Power Dash with 43% base crit gives you 93% crit, so the effective increase to your damage from critical hits is now 1+0.93*(1+0.2) = 1+0.93*1.2 = 2.116.

Now, let's assume R% = 0 and solve for crit% for the multiplier to be 2.116:

1+crit% = 2.116
    crit% = 2.116 - 1
    crit% = 1.116
    crit = 111.6%

So what's the conclusion here? Well, if you compare an Assassin with Wolf Emblem to any character without Wolf Emblem, the effective increase in damage from crits for the assassin would be at least equal to the other class playing with 100% crit.

Though, for you to reach the 2.00 multiplier, you need at least 84% crit to begin with. So effectively speaking it only happens with Wolf Emblem. Which leads me to conclude that Sages are actually pretty good in terms of DPS, as they get a permanent Wolf Emblem and the +50% from Power Dash. Especially if you use glitch the power dash.

Thank you for professionally explaining it. I knew something in that direction was possible, but I couldn't find the posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Well in the short time I played on a private server I had a character with well over enough dex to have 100% critrate, yet it kept showing 95% and he didn't always crit either. I think 95% is indeed a cap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    O wouldn't have even noticed if not for this thread XD yay 39 crit. Whoever said all he could get 43, I'm pretty sure you can more. :o I saw a +6 crit ring on around somewhere, for some classes r9 gives crit +1crit from the pink robe if you use one or a toem with more crit + Heavenrage boots & a weapon with crit adds.
  • GetPoked - Sanctuary
    GetPoked - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wolf emblem improves crit damage, not %

trust me i have it and it doesn't increase the amount i crit one bit, but my damage does increase greatly
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wolf emblem improves crit damage, not %

trust me i have it and it doesn't increase the amount i crit one bit, but my damage does increase greatly

I know that, I happen to have Wolf Emblem. But I never claimed it actually increases crit, I said that the effect is equal to it. That is, in terms of increasing your average damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seems like they messed up the display of the crit rate in a different direction.

for example demon bow mastery works only with a ranged weapon, according to the skill description.
    but the crit from the skill remains with different weapon types or no weapon.
    pretty sure that the real effect gets calculated correct but is...again...displayed wrong.

for crit arrows what i heard (not tested myself), the not working crit with other weapons is no longer shown.
    but the + crit should be shown with a bow. but it is not.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    still waiting to miss a crit with demon GS

if i ever do will agree that 95% is cap b:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I first noticed that all the demon bms and wizards told me their crit was 3 or 4% higher than normal. I waa shocked, because I always thought bm masteries gave 1% more crit seperately when different weapons were equipped. So demon bms with 4 masteries get 4% crit, epic 30% crit I have now lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    still waiting to miss a crit with demon GS

if i ever do will agree that 95% is cap b:surrender

I guess skills are an exception to this.

Also, you still did not answer my PM. . .?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I love how it does show correctly. :)

http://s5.directupload.net/images/110303/md5qgnpo.jpg
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They've also fixed the crit display for the +1% from the arrow. If you switch to a different weapon from a bow, you lose the 1%.

Glad they're fixing all of these. In my opinion the smaller fixes feel a lot better. A lot more convenience :D
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Woot 15% now shows instead of 13%! :D
    Looks better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    as i wrote i don't think, for example you bms, get +4% crit for 4 different masteries.
    you use axes=>you get 1 crit for the skill

i bet it just shows now too much, compared to too less before.
    you know what i am saying?
    it still does not show the correct crit rate for some people

think someone should test this properly
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When I get home I'm gonna see if demon gs actually says 100%.

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol yeah, it displays 95%, but I'm positive it never misses crits.

24ndtzb.jpg