Servers are Up! Welcome to Genesis! Come one come all!

13»

Comments

• NeirinMagika - Heavens Tear
    NeirinMagika - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Please try running a "Verify" from the launcher; I've heard of your issue before, and the Verify solved it, although that player did have to run it twice.

The launcher got corrupted & it wouldn't even show up anymore. I tried uninstalling, but it was nowhere to be found, except the Perfect World International folder was still in the C drive.. I can't even delete it. I'm downloading the whole thing again, but it's still showing up as Rising Tide on the download, so idk..
  • razortiger356
    razortiger356 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cant even log on now b:angry
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm liking the expansion so far. I used the predownload patch, total time spent about 40 minutes between downloading, installing, and updating. Been playing all day with no problemsb:victory
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    will you bring back our beloved Events button in the Encyclopedia.
    i can't live without it
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • melwansul
    melwansul Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Please allow us to change the UI size!
    Right now half of my screen is covered in buttons!
    it is NOT friendly for users with laptops!
    Anyway I liked the old UI a lot more
    And the inventory WAS much better!
    Now I feel like some blind person or something with the size of that UI.
    PLEASE let us choose what size we need cos I've seen people with massive monitors having the opposite issue to me.
  • princeraider
    princeraider Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can we have the confirm button back on the autotracking please? It's not remembering the height I had it set to (usually 78) and if you don't untick and retick the reach destination button you just hang there in mid air.

Not keen on the new buttons either - too big and I can't see as much of the game as I used to. Same with the chat window - make it more see through unless you hover over it.

I'm sure there will be more things that annoy me about the game when I finally get to play properly tonight.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Awesome!

So glad they finally added some endgame content for the first time!

Oh wait . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • RimaStaar - Dreamweaver
    RimaStaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Please try running a "Verify" from the launcher; I've heard of your issue before, and the Verify solved it, although that player did have to run it twice.

I just did on this third download. Hoping it works. b:surrender
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not too keen on the General chat bar. That thing is ridiculously big and there's nothing I can do about it. I used to have it to the right of my chat screen, having most of it under my 1's skill bar for easy access and sight when I needed it. Now when I do that, the General chat just covers my skill bar and I can't even click on my skills when needed even if the chat is minimized. Same with anywhere else on my screen. The only safe place right now to put the chat bar for me is .. almost right in the middle of my screen. Any solutions for this please? b:cute
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I`m bored so I point out few problems I or my faction mates have faced(that they have mentioned). I myself had my screen go ballistic when I tried fix the **** up you did to 800/something resolution by changing to 1 bigger. I actually got SS here, restarting client fixed the issue. But mind you, I Couldnt access anything to change the resolution/log off, hence I had to shut the PWI client process.

I had my client froze/DC(lasted 1min till I just force shut the process again), when I was flying to EG starting city to get to tele to turn in guildbase dailies. And my faction members actually been complaining bout ridiculous lag spikes today. Now if it was just only me, I would just put it on my bad modem but it`s not just me. I still wonder why I even complain, I so called glitched expansion...

Uh.... 95% of the server in the same damn spot and you didnt' think there'd be any lag, that might possibly oh idk.... DC you? lmao wow..... ANY game that has that many people in one spot os going to be sending EACH pc HUGE amounts of data at once. If your PC's too old or your connection sucks (or both)... ya have fun with the lag.

Hell i made everyone invisible (names too) and i was lagging a LITTLE..... and i never lag, not even in west arch rofl

And um modem? Please tell me a cable modem or w/e... if that be dial up... well d'oh on getting lag....
    melwansul wrote: »
    Please allow us to change the UI size!
    Right now half of my screen is covered in buttons!
    it is NOT friendly for users with laptops!
    Anyway I liked the old UI a lot more
    And the inventory WAS much better!
    Now I feel like some blind person or something with the size of that UI.
    PLEASE let us choose what size we need cos I've seen people with massive monitors having the opposite issue to me.
    Can we have the confirm button back on the autotracking please? It's not remembering the height I had it set to (usually 78) and if you don't untick and retick the reach destination button you just hang there in mid air.

Not keen on the new buttons either - too big and I can't see as much of the game as I used to. Same with the chat window - make it more see through unless you hover over it.

I'm sure there will be more things that annoy me about the game when I finally get to play properly tonight.

Second what they BOTH said...... I play on my laptop sometiems and damn..... lol

As for the confirm button, ya I'd like it back too. Sometimes when i start out flying i have to manualy curve around some object i'm about to hit AFTER i've moved the bar to like height 60 or w/e. Before... when u do that auto pathing stayed and you start heading for the npc again or w/e when you let go of the directional buttons, but you don't keep flying UP. you'd have to hit confirm again to get your toon to start going up in height again too.

NOW.... no confirm button, you have to move the bar again to get it to.... auto go up (lol too tired i know that sounded funny). Then slowly move the bar again to back where u wanted it (or bother typing the # in).

To recap lol... b4 i could just hit confirm again after manually going around something to go up again, now it's just annoying.... ya....

EDIT:

"Last edited by ChaoticShelly; Today at 08:47 AM. Reason: Double post, please use the edit and multi quote option in the future. "

errr sorry... i had like 5 IE tabs open at once and been up 24 hours or so... didnt' even notice i did that lol.... heh
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i really wish they would allow seekers to use fists as they are practically BM's, Seekers are restricted to only swords yet a bm can use whatever they like including a bow... T-T

stupid if you ask me

i have 5.0 on my archer and was thinking about rolling an alt bm to transfer fists and eq to for 5.0 tanking as they have more survivability but having played the seeker i really love mine now; and they get BP!

so please fix the weapon restricting or you will kill this class off with people going back to their mains for 5.0 when they realised how in-effective the Seekers are without this at 100+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RimaStaar - Dreamweaver
    RimaStaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The launcher got corrupted & it wouldn't even show up anymore. I tried uninstalling, but it was nowhere to be found, except the Perfect World International folder was still in the C drive.. I can't even delete it. I'm downloading the whole thing again, but it's still showing up as Rising Tide on the download, so idk..

So yeah, I tried verifying and redownloading too. I can't delete what I already have, but unlike you I get the Genesis start up. I'm just STILL (for nearly 24 hours now and I own a faction!!!) am stuck at a screen that pops up telling me the update has failed. I keep asking, but will someone PLEASE give me another idea to try.

I've already tried redowloading with existing files, deleting files, verifying files and restarting my lappy.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i really wish they would allow seekers to use fists as they are practically BM's, Seekers are restricted to only swords yet a bm can use whatever they like including a bow... T-T

stupid if you ask me

i have 5.0 on my archer and was thinking about rolling an alt bm to transfer fists and eq to for 5.0 tanking as they have more survivability but having played the seeker i really love mine now; and they get BP!

so please fix the weapon restricting or you will kill this class off with people going back to their mains for 5.0 when they realised how in-effective the Seekers are without this at 100+

And kill BMs completely? I think not! b:cry Its bad enough I got asked several times today how I leveled a Seeker to 91, because I am one of the very few on the server using Swords/Blades for main weap. b:surrender
    edited March 2011
    And kill BMs completely? I think not! b:cry Its bad enough I got asked several times today how I leveled a Seeker to 91, because I am one of the very few on the server using Swords/Blades for main weap. b:surrender

BM's and Seeker's will both be co existent imo (no fist mastery's for Seeker or Flame arrow type buffs), but this way BM's will live on for sure and Seeker's will die off because who is going to take a pure sword bm to nirvana? be honest... nobody T-T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im pretty sure BMs havent been taken out of the game, you can still make one.
    they went through a lot of trouble to make seekers unable to use fists, im sure it was a calculated decision. if seekers we're going to be just another 5.0 spark macro class, it would be a dead class, we already have 4 of them.

an no, nobody is taking a pure sword BM in a nirvana party, seekers arent BMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011

we will see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im pretty sure BMs havent been taken out of the game, you can still make one.
    they went through a lot of trouble to make seekers unable to use fists, im sure it was a calculated decision. if seekers we're going to be just another 5.0 spark macro class, it would be a dead class, we already have 4 of them.

Thre is more to life then 5 -aps nirvana. Let them reject us seekers I will enjoying the freedom of swords not aps. I am sure there will be other things do at at level 100.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah nice i loged in after long update and noticed i play silent pwi. where is new music? Just immerse yourself in the good old outdoors. 5 mins on and its getting to pi.. me off acctually. i have to turn it off before i go insane. how can the ... up this bad? are they running out of time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    we will see...

seeker = bm as much as psy = wiz

Slight similarities, use same armor types, predominantly same attack style (phys/mag) and everyone wants to say we're the same thing...
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I give up. Expansion looks slightly recycled with a side of nothing new. Things that were changed didn't need it. Nothing to look forward to doing in the expansion, Guild bases can be destroyed. Seeker class is overwhelmingly boring (didn't try mystic, I have no wish to.) Have a good day I guess.
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."