Casting Res buff on Clerics

Furries - Dreamweaver
Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
If any of you dont already know this. the res buff is a target buff. meaning you can cast it only any player. however its duration is the same as its cooldown meaning u choose 1 player. while grinding solo its great to use on yourself.

However in a sqaud... ALWAYS cast the res buff on the cleric. that way even in a sqaud wipe. the cleric can res from the res buff then res all of you b:pleased

So mystic + cleric = No going to town :)b:victory
Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
Post edited by Furries - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I thought I remember seeing skill descriptions a while ago and the res buff only had like a 15s CD and 15min duration. O.o

I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    so if what yer saying is correct, that means, i will never have to have this convo then:

Random player: can i have your auto res buff please?

Me: why, are you planning on doing something stupid in the next 30 minutes?

Random player: no, but, just incase.....

Me: no, high mp cunsumption, no pots left.

Random player: ahh come on dude, don't be mean.

Me: Blocking you now.

however, i hope you are incorrect, because if it isn't like you say, i'm casting it on everyone in my squad during dungeon runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Zaraxia - Dreamweaver
    Zaraxia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If he's right about this, then yeah, the cleric would be the best candidate for it. But if it is realistic or possible to just give the buff to the entire squad, then that's even better. You never know what could happen in an instance run and that would make things a lot easier on the cleric, not having to risk letting the tank die to resurrect someone.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    CD is 30 seconds, just checked on CN

Oh, and it restores 8% od lost XP and 23% of total HP/MP, which should be at lvl 10 80% XP and 50% HP/MP...
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    From what I hear from a friend who looked into the CN way. To cast res costs a mirage celestone. That's if we get CN version ( I know some things change between here and there and I hope that is one ) Just liek Seeker party def buff takes a mirage from what he was saying. But, this isn't about them.

But yeah would cast on cleric first, heck, if I was a cleric I'd pay a mirage (12-18k ea) to cast res rather then paying 50k per res scroll.

Again, we wont know until tomorrow/later tonight for sure, that's just what I heard :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No they don't cost mirage. I posted sage/demon of the res already. 88% exp for demon and 95% exp for sage. Revive with 50% hp for sage and 100% hp for demon. High mp cost though...around 2k? 30 sec cd and res last for 30min
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Casting it on the cleric is a no-brainer.
    And yet I'll still see people casting it on themselves, I bet.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Duh :P
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well so much for me having demon res to help in squads. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No they don't cost mirage. I posted sage/demon of the res already. 88% exp for demon and 95% exp for sage. Revive with 50% hp for sage and 100% hp for demon. High mp cost though...around 2k? 30 sec cd and res last for 30min

Ah, glad to hear false rumors/info. I'd much rather use my mirages for refining my gear rather then a buff. 2k is pricey (at least my level 50 pure cleric only have 4k, but then again I don't know their mana per stat point compared to cleric) Though, of course, demon/sage skills aren't attainable until 89 so I'd sure hope they have over my clerics mp xD But, from that said, sounds like pure is the way to go build wise, more mp to play with. At least, thats what I'll be doing. ^^

Of course, some people are only out for themselves, though, kinda stupid. That's like a cleric not healing someone cause they're too busy attacking. Though, I could see casting it on cleric and then yourself and tank (tanks if your squad isn't smart enough to understand aggro) because a cleric in BB (if squad really needs BB) can't drop BB in order to res. Squad wipe 9/10 that is tried but usually the ones I see who die are sins due to aggro steal or people who don't understand tagging mobs vs fighting them entirely. Attack the mob your tank is attacking or don't QQ when you die. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Laelus - Lost City
    Laelus - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Of course, some people are only out for themselves, though, kinda stupid. That's like a cleric not healing someone cause they're too busy attacking. Though, I could see casting it on cleric and then yourself and tank (tanks if your squad isn't smart enough to understand aggro) because a cleric in BB (if squad really needs BB) can't drop BB in order to res. Squad wipe 9/10 that is tried but usually the ones I see who die are sins due to aggro steal or people who don't understand tagging mobs vs fighting them entirely. Attack the mob your tank is attacking or don't QQ when you die. b:chuckle

Its understandable to cast the buff on the tank if the cleric is in BB, but if not in BB would you still cast it on anyone but the cleric? Because if lvl10/11 at max only recovers ~88% EXP and the cleric has lvl11 res which recovers 100%... If cleric res doesn't overwrite other revives I doubt the mystic's will either. So, anyone know if the res overwrites?
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its understandable to cast the buff on the tank if the cleric is in BB, but if not in BB would you still cast it on anyone but the cleric? Because if lvl10/11 at max only recovers ~88% EXP and the cleric has lvl11 res which recovers 100%... If cleric res doesn't overwrite other revives I doubt the mystic's will either. So, anyone know if the res overwrites?

Personally I think that if the ressed player cares about exp then they should just carry Guardian Scrolls. So I wouldn't make strategy based on that. Maybe that's just me though.
  • Laelus - Lost City
    Laelus - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Personally I think that if the ressed player cares about exp then they should just carry Guardian Scrolls. So I wouldn't make strategy based on that. Maybe that's just me though.

True. In most of my game-play I rarely find people who still carry scrolls though, in pvp there's a few, but in instances and pve I still get called halfway around the map to res people. Having lvl11 res, I've had some people pay me for tele fees and even wait up to an hour for me to finish a bh and go res them.

Ohwell, if I play a mystic, I'll just make sure to max the res and ask before buffing anyone but the cleric.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    clerics aren't dead because no one will replace their powerful heals. and they have the option of ressing. for mystics it's a set buff. that consumes a lot of mana. trust me guys clerics r far from dead :D
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]