Rep badges gone

Assailer - Harshlands
Assailer - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
So ill state i was horribly against these ever being in the boutique...and now that they were, even more against removing them...basically gave a horrible advantage to those were active during this sale or had money etc, giving them a huge jump over other players or new players, or returning players...
maybe its jsut me, id liek to see them a permanat part of the cs..i mean if your gonna make them so cheap might as well give everyone who wants rank 9 the ability to do so
Ex Heavenly Marshal-- Ex Leader of Divinity--
The Point of Battle is not die for your beliefs, But instead Slay the enemy for theirs.~

The mere fact that I am attacking, intices the enemy to believe I am stronger than They~

Pkin Pkers is fun, and rewarding b:laugh
Post edited by Assailer - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Indeed and have the Medals of Glory in there as well. >>;
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    id hate to have a tourist like u come to hawaii and QQ about random sales ;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011

don't all the natives hate the tourists who come to hawaii anyway? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Hehe spot onb:laugh
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Um, with that logic, you could say that the same is true of every single sale, so they should all be permanent.

Which isn't how it works.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wait a few weeks it'll be back, along with pack sales or any other sale you really wanted. They have sales EVERY week i cannot believe you guys complain so much. Be patient and wait. I know thats hard to do in this day and age. >_>
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When they posted the sale they pretty clearly said the sale would end on 1-Mar when maintenance started. They said this when the sale first went up. It's not like they removed them without advanced warning. >.>
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This thread really proves to Fuzzy that no matter what PWI does, people will QQ about either side of the argument. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would agree. That would be like older players complaining the newer players got bh's etc we didn't have til lvl 70 or 80+. Things change, it happens. There is no disadvantage to you. There are ways to make money on this game without a credit card or without merchanting. Its called hard work. Mining herbs, mats and grinding your rear off.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    This thread really proves to Fuzzy that no matter what PWI does, people will QQ about either side of the argument. b:shocked
    I agree with that

/Sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    .basically gave a horrible advantage to those were active during this sale or had money etc, giving them a huge jump over other players or new players, or returning players...
    You're right.

Having a 90%-sale on something very, very powerful for a month, and clearly posting the exact time the sale would end, does indeed give some players a huge jump over other players.

Specifically, it gives players with...

A) Half a brain
    B) The ability to use said brain

...a huge jump over players who just absolutely can not / will not plan ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • marchellefl
    marchellefl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im still patching, but are you serious? They dont sell rep badges anymore????

How do we get lvl 60 rank armours then :S
  • Assailer - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    ok first off, im far from a new player, second off, hard to plan ahead when you arent in the game, and third i bought thousands so thats not the point...and it wasnt so much a sale as they havent been in the cash shop, technically to be on sale its price needs to be reduced, like a pack sale....

I have never had a problem with anything in the CS till wraith badges..my point was it cheapens the rank system...the ppl who worked hard for rank 8 or 9 or w/e
    The Point of Battle is not die for your beliefs, But instead Slay the enemy for theirs.~

The mere fact that I am attacking, intices the enemy to believe I am stronger than They~

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The sale is over, but will, inevitably, be back in a few months time.

If you can't wait that long, there's plenty of merchants sat at the reputation NPC willing to sell you badges - at a markup of course.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    ok first off, im far from a new player, second off, hard to plan ahead when you arent in the game, and third i bought thousands so thats not the point...and it wasnt so much a sale as they havent been in the cash shop, technically to be on sale its price needs to be reduced, like a pack sale....

Um, what is a "sale" and not is up to PWE, not the players. You'd also know that things such as mounts, packs etc. have previously been in similar, temporary sales. That's because it makes them the most money. Just look at it: They put tiger packs and Lucky Corals permanently into the boutique at the normal price and no one buys them because everyone expects a 25% or 50% sale eventually. The rep sale as been by far the best sale they've ever had, considering that it bumped gold prices over the 1,000,000 cap. So, if they put rep badges permanently into the Boutique, it'd cause them a massive loss. Especially since people tend to save up money until they announce a sale on something and then stock up on those items during the sale.

Also, the rep badges never really had a "discount", as the original price that was 10 times the price it ended up being was stated to be a mistake on their part. So if they put the rep badges into the boutique permanently, they'd have to put them up for either a higher price, in which case people wouldn't buy them, or for the same price, in which case every single of their other sales would be pretty much killed off since stuff just wouldn't be worth it with the prices forced by the reputation badges.
    I have never had a problem with anything in the CS till wraith badges..my point was it cheapens the rank system...the ppl who worked hard for rank 8 or 9 or w/e

Well guess what? I was lucky to start farming for Rank 4 when they had tokens. I paid about 15,000,000 for the rep I needed. Next time, I farmed coins and bought badges with Dragon Points. I happened to buy a total of 25,000 reputation with coins I made from merchanting during the first rep sale. Cost me less than 10,000,000.

And there are people who actually farmed the coin for Rank 8. That is, they farmed that 640,000,000 coins.

So yeah, complaining that you couldn't make the sale is pointless. You can still buy badges at less than 25% of the price it'd cost with tokens, so it's not like it's not affecting the badge market.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Assailer - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    once again i bought thousands of the badges..i caught the sale....and i understand the concept of limited time in the cs ...just dont liek the wraith badges, i think they need a complete overhaul to the rank system....and trust me ppl still buy the packs for 1g..maybe not as much as the 50% off sales obviously but they still make pwe alot of cash

as you stated the amount of coins and time it takes to rank up legit, is jsut insane

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    once again i bought thousands of the badges..i caught the sale....and i understand the concept of limited time in the cs ...just dont liek the wraith badges, i think they need a complete overhaul to the rank system....and trust me ppl still buy the packs for 1g..maybe not as much as the 50% off sales obviously but they still make pwe alot of cash

as you stated the amount of coins and time it takes to rank up legit, is jsut insane

I'd like to point you towards Rank 9. If you look at the costs of it, it's not quite as ridiculous as the 640,000,000 for Rank 8 used to be, but it's rather similar. Basically, they introduced new endgame gear and therefore justified making the previous ones cheaper.

And yes, people still buy packs, but the amounts people buy is much, much lower than before and that is obvious from the spike in token prices and the fact that you can hardly find any catshops selling packs.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So ill state i was horribly against these ever being in the boutique...and now that they were, even more against removing them...basically gave a horrible advantage to those were active during this sale or had money etc, giving them a huge jump over other players or new players, or returning players...
    maybe its jsut me, id liek to see them a permanat part of the cs..i mean if your gonna make them so cheap might as well give everyone who wants rank 9 the ability to do so

Awwww the kiddie wants his jolly rancher back :(.

Serious note: Like I care if it is removed or not. I would actually care if rep give some actual benefits to something other than lame stated equipment on most classes.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

Fuzzy Tiggy I always happy with what PWI gives Tiggy.b:pleased
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex