client version on website

Dixievixen - Heavens Tear
Dixievixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
I just got a new computer and was waiting for genesis to install pwi on it. The download from the site says Rising Tide 402. Does that mean I'll still have to patch for genesis after installation? If so, I wonder how long it will be before the site is giving the new client.
Post edited by Dixievixen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Make sure you download from our site here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download. You'll see it's all ready for Genesis!

Thanks.
  • _Ayraynna - Sanctuary
    _Ayraynna - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok, same issue. Unless I'm just totally missing it, the only links to click on for downloading are the Patch files : * Patch 468-484: Released 03/02/11
    * Patch 402-484: Released 03/02/11

I've tried both of them, and they both cannot be opened. I downloaded LOMA 2 days ago and had no problems. I found the old Rising Tide download link on my pc and am using that now to download then install patch seperate. Hope it works!

PWIDownloadPage.jpg
  • _Ayraynna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Ok, so the screenshot totally screwed up my post >.> Going to try this again --

Ok, same issue. Unless I'm just totally missing it, the only links to click on for downloading are the Patch files : * Patch 468-484: Released 03/02/11
    * Patch 402-484: Released 03/02/11

I've tried both of them, and they both cannot be opened. I downloaded LOMA 2 days ago and had no problems. I found the old Rising Tide download link on my pc and am using that now to download then install patch seperate. Hope it works!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg197/hjt397/PWIDownloadPage.jpg
  • KatimaBlast - Heavens Tear
    KatimaBlast - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am having the same problem, I am not good at computer stuff and I wondered if I continue downloading Raging Tide, or is there a download that I am not seeing?
  • Dixievixen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Ozimov wrote: »
    Make sure you download from our site here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download. You'll see it's all ready for Genesis!

Thanks.

That's where I am and the file name is PWIRisingTide402.exe. You say "it's all ready for Genesis!" but you don't say if it IS Genesis or if I will still have to patch after downloading. Patch took quite some time and download will too so I'd rather wait until the client download from that URL is the full and current game version. My question still stands... Is the client download on the pwi site Genesis or will I have to patch again? If it will require a Genesis patch, how long will it be before the site is offering the new client? Thanks for your replies. I hope everyone who's having problems in this thread gets things worked out. I love this game!
    edited March 2011
    That's where I am and the file name is PWIRisingTide402.exe. You say "it's all ready for Genesis!" but you don't say if it IS Genesis or if I will still have to patch after downloading. Patch took quite some time and download will too so I'd rather wait until the client download from that URL is the full and current game version. My question still stands... Is the client download on the pwi site Genesis or will I have to patch again? If it will require a Genesis patch, how long will it be before the site is offering the new client? Thanks for your replies. I hope everyone who's having problems in this thread gets things worked out. I love this game!

I am trying that out now, I'll let you know what the result may be :D
  • Dixievixen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I look forward to your report :)
    edited March 2011
    I started the download at 6 and and ended at 8 and the patch takes roughly 30 minutes. But file name Rising tide can be converted to Genesis :D but it takes awhile :D See you in game :D
  • _Ayraynna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Well my internet is really slow, but so far it seems to be working. I installed the Raging Tides version and it's updated to the Genesis launcher and is now updating to current game version.. Gonna take awhile tho, was version 229 when I downloaded it >.<