update problem

Zmeu - Raging Tide
Zmeu - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Support Desk
neither the auto patch or manual patch work auto stops at elementskill.dll and says try again or stop update manual stops same spot and says files are corrupt any idea on how to fix this? ive submitted a ticket rebooted tried manual without a net connection nothing seems to work both my AV and firewall are off if that makes a difference at all
Post edited by Zmeu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• donitt
    donitt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have update problem too b:sadb:cry
    i always stuck on file " litmodel_415.bmd ". its never end&always fail. i retry many2 times & got same result..
    both AV & firewall are off. what supposed to do?b:surrender
    i have been waiting this genesis long long time..
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Have you initiated the verify function selectable on the launcher menu? Let me know, so I may assist you further.

Thanks!
  • Zmeu - Raging Tide
    Zmeu - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ozimov wrote: »
    Have you initiated the verify function selectable on the launcher menu? Let me know, so I may assist you further.

Thanks!

i have tried that it stops at elementclient.exe maybe i have to re-install?
  • donitt
    donitt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have tried that too & still have same result..b:sad
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    =( i have the same problem. the auto patch wont update it ALWAYS get stuck on different files...and when i tried to manually patch it it told me my client was too new and to try and older version....-.- all I wanted to do was play pwi...ive been havin this problems for 12 hours..its really annoying...
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Same problem :(

Been auto-downloading for 6 hours but now is stuck on file (chinese script).bon with message "file download appear error - retry?"

if i start auto-patch again (or try manual patch) will it resume from here?
  • frendvthdevil
    frendvthdevil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The problem is your antivirus program.

Here's how i fixed it with avast.
    1. open avast and click on settings.
    2. click on exclusions.
    3. hit the add tab and choose browse.
    4. find your main pwi folder. (Usually in program files.)
    5. tick the box next to it.
    6. click ok.
    7. go to sleep for several hours while genesis updates. b:sleep

Probably pretty similar routine for AVG or any other antivirus. Just got to find the exclusions option. Hope it works for everybody.
  • SheShank - Heavens Tear
    SheShank - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Come on already I have been downloading both automatically and with the link in forums patch ec_patch_144-161 and patch is done after 23 hours of downloading and says its corrupted now. And, automatically update still isn't finished downloading progress bar isn't even halfway yet this is bullcrap.....I too just want to play....last Tideborne update took me 18 hours with my connection...it's now been 23 like i said this is bullcrap....I admit I have lousy internet service.....but, it isn't dial up.......so this shouldn't be taking this long....i'm not really happy, i'm really frustrated now...had one friend say it took him 3 hours........i don't have avast....I have full coverage AVG the kind you pay for.....Any one have any solution for me this is totally annoying i'm just about ready to give the game up.........And, Lord knows I certainly don't want to do that....As, i have a level 100 bm, level 82 cleric and small wiz and would love to also make a new class...Also, I do have about $400 USD in this game and can't even update it with out it taking this long is so messed up....... so i need any kind of help i can get ty I would appreciate it kindly.........
  • frendvthdevil
    edited March 2011
    ok...look...im telling you that this IS a problem with your antivirus...so you need to look through avg and find an exclusions option and add perfect world to your exclusions list(It's probably under settings)...that is what i was told to do...and as a matter of fact I was told it was an error with avg and not avast...I had to figure out how to fix it with avast on my own...and btw shutting off your av and fw wont fix the problem.

I think this is the fix...

1. Open AVG.
    2. Click the 'Tools' menu, then click 'Advanced settings...'. This opens the advanced options window.
    3. From the menu on the left, find 'Resident Shield'. You might have to click the dot next to it to drill down to the submenu.
    4. Click 'Excluded Items'.
    5. From here you can either add an entire directory or a single file. To exclude a whole directory, click the 'Add Path' button. To exclude only a single file, click 'Add File'. Doing either of these things opens a window which will ask you to browse to the location.
    6. To make changes to anything already in the list, click the 'Edit List' button.

And now that its completely spelled out for you I hope you can get it to work. I hope that fixes it for you. If not then i guess you have a totally different problem.
  • za3600
    za3600 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    same problem ..
    But the main problem is that i dont have any Anti-Virus and i canceled the Firewall and still stuck on some files ...
    plz help me i tried to login from 3 days b:surrender
  • baralaikiats
    baralaikiats Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have managed to follow your advice and put my pwi folder in excluded on my avg the problem is the loginloop.mpx i have seen many people complain about this on facebook and im wondering is there a reason for this .? ive tried everyway i can think of to fix this problem but no luck so far .it always gets halfway through the file then it errors
    b:cry
  • frendvthdevil
    edited March 2011
    It seems to me that there are more ways to add exceptions to avg and that avg has had more problems with false positives than avast. Try this one:

*Open the AVG Free program -> "Tools" menu -> "Advanced settings" -> "PUP exceptions" -> push the "Add exception" button to add a new exception.
    * Now find the file you want to except from AVG Free detection. If you are not sure that the file location is static, enable "Any location - do not use full path" function.
    * Save the setting using the "Add" button.

More http://free.avg.com/us-en/faq.num-3042.pnuid-1285273697#ixzz1Fgdz6g1L

Also I would make sure that windows firewall is turned off if you have AVGs firewall running because they conflict badly and cause all kinds of problems. I wish I knew more about avg so I could help you better.
  • namiinder
    namiinder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ozimov wrote: »

Thanks!

the verify button is greyed out cannot click on it
  • toxinheal
    toxinheal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My update is stuck at bon doesn't go further than that the error keeps on coming i've kept the update for 3 days and not done yet pls help me b:beg
  • toxinheal
    toxinheal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    MY update is stuck at bon and not going further than that :/ the error keeps popping up its been happening continuous for 3 days Pls helpb:cryb:beg
  • za3600
    edited March 2011
    148648133.jpg

always i get stuck here
  • ant1xxangel
    ant1xxangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Been waiting ages to load,doesn't look promising any more, it get stuck at like 75% ,then doesn't move ,starts saying there is error then i have to restart for it to make more progress ,but it looks like it'll never reach the end.Been waiting bout 2 days not as longs as some other people,but it didn't have this problem initially ,it says the client is fully updated but the game itself is not i'm guessing->has nothing to do with my firewall or internet connection, hoping a 'GM' -will know how to fix ,don't really want to download again.

Thanks for your help (if i get it) :-D
  • Arudesu - Dreamweaver
    Arudesu - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm still having trouble with the loginloop.mpx portion. I told my firewall and avast to leave PWI alone but I'm still getting nowhere further with the update, as far as that goes. Any help? It's been hours and it just keeps trying and failing to get past loginloop.

**EDIT**

I didn't think to turn the firewall off completely. I tried that and it finished downloading with no further problems :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • za3600
    edited March 2011
    SO any help any change ?!! ANYTHING !!!!!!!
    still try get update and not completer
    and i format my laptop
    b:surrenderb:surrenderb
  • immortalis1
    immortalis1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    am i supposed to download Battle of the immortals it 100 times?