Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Comments

• Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are you deprived of your PWI experience because you can't/won't get a faction base? It's just an add-on for factions that want to fight, if you don't like it, don't get it. The rest of the game would still be the same no? Saying you will quit over it doesn't even make sense..

I'm not saying I'm quitting over not getting a base. And having PWI just do another thing to benefit only Enrage / top people is a HUGE let down. I am frustrated that I have been looking forward to this since, what, Nov, Dec? Only to have it crushed by that. I'm saying they shouldn't have led us on thinking EVERYONE can get a base and have one. You can't. You can get a base and lose it. Yes, it is an add on. One that could be used for fac events, meetings, games, bank location. T

And does it interfere with my playing? Well, I can't get quests. That was one I was looking forward to was fac quests to bring the family even more together. So ya, In a way it does obstruct my gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ruxal is determined to be unhappy with this expansion.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fiercerage wrote: »
    Ruxal is determined to be unhappy with this expansion.

you and around like 300,000 other people.but hey its all about the money in year 3.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, we knew that the base would risk losing resources if we got attacked.

We did NOT realise we'd lose the entire base.

[RABBITS] that noise.

And a guild can attack multiple guilds, but can't BE attacked multiple times? And if you try, you lose your fee?

So it's even WORSE than territory war?

MORONS.
    Imbecilic mouth breathing MORONS, consuming MY air!

So, yeah great.

No point even trying to build one.

And I kinda would like to try to pvp occcasionally. But multiple hundreds of millions just to try it?

I KNOW that you want a coin sink, and it DOES have to sink billions from the game.

But... yeah, this [DROPPINGS] don't fly. No base for us. :(

Edit:
    And base isn't essential?
    Well, no. But it WAS being touted as the new big feature. And it unlocks new gear and various boosts.

How'd you feel if you were told that your guild was, by design, locked out of nirvana?
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are you deprived of your PWI experience because you can't/won't get a faction base? It's just an add-on for factions that want to fight, if you don't like it, don't get it. The rest of the game would still be the same no? Saying you will quit over it doesn't even make sense.

@above

Do you people really know what you want? How many QQ-pack threads were there when it came out? How many QQ-no-pack threads were made when we figured out there weren't going to be packs last week?

The game is too hooked on competitive players are you serious? lolrank sale ****ed over competitive players. Now any no-name with a big wallet get gear that's better than what people farmed for months for. Getting one shot by nonames in R9 GG.

Pack qq was originally endgame gears being handed out ok?Now that pwi had made them a mainstay of the game for over a year,damage was already done and theres more than enough of those gears,and now people are hooked on tokens,mp and hp food especially,them getting more expensive has f all to do with the original pack qq so seriously you and others can stop touting that on forums as if everyone who complains now are hypocrites.

Offtopic now and i won't do anymore to derail this.
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are you deprived of your PWI experience because you can't/won't get a faction base? It's just an add-on for factions that want to fight, if you don't like it, don't get it. The rest of the game would still be the same no? Saying you will quit over it doesn't even make sense.

@above

Do you people really know what you want? How many QQ-pack threads were there when it came out? How many QQ-no-pack threads were made when we figured out there weren't going to be packs last week?

The game is too hooked on competitive players are you serious? lolrank sale ****ed over competitive players. Now any no-name with a big wallet get gear that's better than what people farmed for months for. Getting one shot by nonames in R9 GG.

Yes I do know what I want and so do many others:

1) Skill balance
    2) PvP Arena
    3) 5 aps nerf
    4) Sin nerf
    5) Sub Jobs that actually serve a purpose
    6) More/improved instances
    7) PvP balance
    8) Nerf the cash shop
    9) Fix the ............ rubberbanding
    10) update genies please....

These are just 10 that I have been talking about forever. I find that there is a core set of players who are ready to uphold all the bs that PWI spews forth but as soon as anyone is clear sighted enough to call their bs you are quick to put them down and dismiss what they have to say.

Having played many mmos I have seen them come and go and many go because of their refusal to listen to what players say.

You think I make my comments to be negative? I make them because since I play almost everyday I see how the game can and needs to be improved. So I come to the forums in hopes that the GMs would see what I/we have to say and that they would relay our wishes to the developers. In the end the improvements benefit everyone.

As soon as you say lets nerf aps for example the"defenders of PWI" fly down to shut u up or try to make you look stupid BUT clearly aps needs a nerf. I see how it has benefitted some but I also see how it has killed the game in other more crucial aspects like class balance and pvp. But because certain people "invested" in their aps characters as far as they are concerned they can't be touched! So the game chugs along in its current state because of selfish people and lazy developers who lack the ........ to nerf it.

You think your game will collapse if you offend 5 aps people? I am a cash shopper and I have stopped using the cash shop. Why? Because your cash shop is also overpowering the game. Because 5aps needs a nerf. Because sins are op etc etc etc.

It will soon be a matter of time when other cash shoppers like myself stop because we are not seeing the benefits of the money we spend! For all the cash pumped into PWI you mean the programmers cannot fix rubberbanding?

Well the community is divided. Those who love things the way they are and those who do not. When your monthly earnings/profits start to decline you will know which set you should have listened to.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Materials can also be gained by destroying enemy structures.

4. Decommission
    Faction Base structures can be destroyed in faction base battles. If the Health of your faction base reaches zero, it will be decommissioned.

It destroys your structures (Alchemy room, Armoury, etc) through the war (I am assuming first prior to destroying entire base) , but if your health drops below 0 then yes, your faction is trashed. And you are out 400m+.

Re-reading everything: I am wondering if Fac Health is SEPARATE from war. Because I can deal with losing materials. However, if losing materials takes down health then base dies. If it doesnt then fac base lives. From the way it sounds is that fac wars can kill your entire base. I would really like if a GM/Mod/Person who knows to verify what actually happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You can lose them? Is this official? That means only one faction per server gets a base.

So Faction Bases are basically a load of game content that noone has access to. Faction bases are about as valid as the Black Market Vendor you see around the towns.

The expansion is a f@rt that got stuck before it ever got out of the @zz.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Exactly! Competitive spenders and farmers don't see the benefit of what they're spending, whether it be time or money. That's been the whole complaint since packs all along. Some people worked for R8 b4 the sale and look what happened. Now it's like barely more expensive than Lunar. You don't seem to realize that PWI is massively catering to more casual players by doing what they are doing. People that spend hard and play hard get trolled hard by PWI. Look at where those people are now? What is this I hear about LC being more empty than Sanct? Do you know why? Because a PvP server IS more hardcore and competitive, and PWI ****ed that up.

And about 5aps lmao. We're not defenders of PWI, I posted against packs repeatedly when they came out. It's just that half of people's argument don't make sense. PvE balance should be maintained by changing PvE, permaspark don't have to make such a big impact in PvE, if only instances were modified. BTW, there are quite a few cash shopping R9 wizzies on my server, and they don't QQ about 5aps. They just one shot ppl w/ Gush crits. You're telling me you won't be one of them because you won't get invited to Nirvana instances due to lack of APS as a wiz? lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I doubt it will be very easy to reduce a guild base's HP to 0.

I'm sure if a guild is able to even put up a feeble attempt to defend their base they should be able to keep it around, might be very, very slow to level, but they won't lose it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Larger factions having advantage is nothing new...Look at higher apoth for example, only TW-able factions have access to those.

And to be fair, I can kinda see they tried to make this Guild Base thing realistic.

Faction leader 1: "I shall smite thee tonight! ENGARDE!"
    Faction leader 2: "Er, sorry not tonight" *declines war*
    Faction leader 1: b:sad

And the resources needed to build a freakin' fort shouldn't come as a trip to Home Depot either. I think the idea is that if you have enough manpower to gather the ridiculous amount of resources to build a base, then you'd have enough manpower to defend it...A cashshopper with fat wallet could make a faction and build an entire base for himself and keep it that way because nobody could declare war on it if he was able to decline...in that sense I think the fact that you can't decline war is nice.

But I see where you are coming. I think they should at least refund like 90% of the resources used to build the base so there would still be some motivation left in a faction to re-build it.

Also, APS =/= untouchable. I know 5 aps people that have so low health that a Wizzie or Psy with mediocre gear could 1 shot them. If you spent same amount of coins as a 5 aps character on a caster class, you get to 1 shot people. The only area where 5 aps can be considered OP is PvE, and that's likely just people QQing about how much faster 5 aps can farm it compared to caster classes.
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And here I was kinda excited about the guild bases. But forced ganking...fail.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I doubt it will be very easy to reduce a guild base's HP to 0.

I'm sure if a guild is able to even put up a feeble attempt to defend their base they should be able to keep it around, might be very, very slow to level, but they won't lose it.

If that is the case, then I wouldn't mind doing the guild, yes I know I will lose materials, enrage will eat us alive. Probably others too but materials I don't mind. However, if war reflects on hp and we lose base, I'd be MAJORLY pissed off. Until I get a for sure answer, I'm staying out of it.

Also, it does say that
    2. Health
    This value ranks the activeness of members (daily total Contribution income). It will shrink day by day. If the shrinking rate is higher than the increasing rate, as the number reaches 0, the base will be destroyed.

Not about war or mats there (which is why I am confused which way it is) But how many active players do you need on to keep that up. What about breaks like I was saying. Many leave over summer and others leave closer to returning to school (not leave fac, leave as in get on less then "usual")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    "Defenders cannot prevent an attack. Once a battle is declared, they have to prepare for it and enter the battle the next day."

You dont have a choice. If you build a guild base, you will get attacked, no matter what.
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And to be fair, I can kinda see they tried to make this Guild Base thing realistic.

Realistic? Its a medieval china-based fantasy mmo where characters fly on manta rays and butterfly wings and the game is set to release a....motorcycle....as a mount and you are talking about realistic?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmm.. this kinda sucks ~___~

The idea of a faction base is really awesome imo. Even if the mats can be robbed.
    But that the whole base can be just destroyed? What the hell!?
    I'm in a small faction, and I enjoy being in one. I know that people in my fac would be willing to work hard and put in the effort of getting a base. But it can be destroyed?

It suddenly sounds a lot less appealing -__-"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Oh and heres another thing someone brought up in fac

What about the top guild (Enrage)
    Saying "Want to keep your base? Pay us not to attack you"

You cant prevent that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow i didnt know it was gona be like that with the faction bases. I am High lvl in the best faction on our server so I wont sweat it to much but..... What about the little guy?

I just see that pwi is trying to get new ppl to play the game but they are making it harder for them to do anything else but lvl fast.

I would like to see what a GM has to say about this post.... can it be true? or is it a temperary guild base detruction. For Eg: if your weapon gets damaged you dont have to make the weapon again or get the mats to fix it, will you have to pay a simple repair bill to fix it.

Also if your in a PvE then you should have the option to decline battle, but the PVP servers I can see how they might be a little meaner. Would the PvE to PvP make a difference?
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Oh and heres another thing someone brought up in fac

What about the top guild (Enrage)
    Saying "Want to keep your base? Pay us not to attack you"

You cant prevent that.

Who is to guarantee after you pay them, they won't attack you anyway? You could get robbed and r/\ped.

So much for a 'Perfect World' right?
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok so apart from attacking another guild base, what are the alternate ways of getting the materials for wings?

The reason am asking is, if all the small guilds (seeing that they can lose the base) opt to not start one to begin with, how would the 1/few top guilds that do make one, expand?

In terms of the OP, if Enrage is the only guild that has a guild base, how would they further expand it? Similar to creating the base OR these items can only be got from the 40v40 mini-wars?
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    stinks wrote: »
    Wow i didnt know it was gona be like that with the faction bases. I am High lvl in the best faction on our server so I wont sweat it to much but..... What about the little guy?

I just see that pwi is trying to get new ppl to play the game but they are making it harder for them to do anything else but lvl fast.

I would like to see what a GM has to say about this post.... can it be true? or is it a temperary guild base detruction. For Eg: if your weapon gets damaged you dont have to make the weapon again or get the mats to fix it, will you have to pay a simple repair bill to fix it.

Also if your in a PvE then you should have the option to decline battle, but the PVP servers I can see how they might be a little meaner. Would the PvE to PvP make a difference?

We are the little guys on ours b:chuckle I mean, we do have higher levels too most of us are 50+ but still. 50-80s stand no chance against Enrages 95+ elite gear pros. (Most of us have never even done TW, so going in blind to that)

Glad to see someone cares about the little facs :P

But like we also have members who are totally not wanting to be involved in TW at all (seems like all facs are going toward TW) and since we don't, they came here.

And as for the decline: someone mentioned that it would be a bummer to the attacking ones to be declined. I'm saying dont even put our fac on the "able to attack" list. Almost as if we have no base at all. Have a mode you can set your fac to so that we are excluded from fighting (both being attacked and attacking) I mean, th e list would be like that anyway if we didnt get base. So whats it matter, at least you gained 400$ out of it. (You meaning PWI lol)

Who is to guarantee after you pay them, they won't attack you anyway? You could get robbed and r/\ped.

So much for a 'Perfect World' right?

Yup there is that too -_- Even worse then being blackmailed (kinda) is to ripped off and killed too xD

God PWI really screwed this up and made it more complicated then need be.

Ok so apart from attacking another guild base, what are the alternate ways of getting the materials for wings?

The reason am asking is, if all the small guilds (seeing that they can lose the base) opt to not start one to begin with, how would the 1/few top guilds that do make one, expand?

In terms of the OP, if Enrage is the only guild that has a guild base, how would they further expand it? Similar to creating the base OR these items can only be got from the 40v40 mini-wars?

3. Faction Materials
    Materials can be used to construct or upgrade faction structures. Members can complete quests taken from Hall of Loyalty to get faction materials. Members can only get materials for their own race:

Human - Etherblade Steel
    Untamed - Lost Sand
    Winged Elf - Plume Stone
    Tideborn - Raging Tides Spring
    Earthguard - Gaian Wood

And Drakon, Dominus, Radiance are all 90+ and actually stand a chance (drak has won TW a few times) so Enrage wouldn't be the only big one out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2011

You have daily quests inside the base ( had to kill mobs around sandsong Village ). You get rewarded with contribution points and materials on completion ( each race gets a diff set of materials as rewards ). These are used to upgrade the base.

TBH looking around it's been badly implemented.
    IE: weapons from base forge have a 7 day timer
    Special Items seem to have just been auto translated from the PW-CN economy : 30k Cont points and 186mil coin to get a +12 vit stone b:bye

Anyhow on topic. I don't think people have an issue with the fights the issue is with the potential to lose all that hard earned work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I really wanted a fac base. Hell. The game would have made $400 off just us and Im sure a lot others.

Anyone who is willing to spend 400 usd on the game WILL NOT be level 81. I know you are trying to talk big... but be realistic. with the ease of leveling... anyone who even remotely spent 100 dollars on the game should be at least level 100.

and finally... no one in enrage is going to give a rat's furry *** about you and your guild. to put it bluntly you are not worth any of our time. how much resources do you think you can your buddies can gather? more then rad, dom, golddigs... or even drak? i highly doubt it. why waste time on a penny... when there is a perfectly good hundred dollar bill two steps away.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @anyone who says this is just another aspect that doesn't affect the playability: WRONG!!

We cannot get Runecrafting skills without Guild Base and we are not able to get all of the Weap n Gears n Buffs n Quests either.

This is the ONLY thing in the game that REQUIRES PVP to accomplish. How is this fair to PVE players?

@Kiyoshi: No the big factions might not give a rat's about us smaller factions, but what if they get bored? At any time, they could wipe our 400m base on a whim!
    how much resources do you think you can your buddies can gather?

Well, I had gathered half of the materials needed (100m, 250 emblems, 1,000 subs, and all chips) for our low lvl faction, so don't underestimate the power of dedicated people (oh yea, and I don't cash shop either).

To sum up... this is COMPLETELY unfair to smaller factions who don't PVP.

I was completely wrong here, my bad
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Anyone who is willing to spend 400 usd on the game WILL NOT be level 81. I know you are trying to talk big... but be realistic. with the ease of leveling... anyone who even remotely spent 100 dollars on the game should be at least level 100.

and finally... no one in enrage is going to give a rat's furry *** about you and your guild. to put it bluntly you are not worth any of our time. how much resources do you think you can your buddies can gather? more then rad, dom, golddigs... or even drak? i highly doubt it. why waste time on a penny... when there is a perfectly good hundred dollar bill two steps away.

Because it only takes a second to pick up that penny before you pick up that hundred dollar bill.....
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Because it only takes a second to pick up that penny before you pick up that hundred dollar bill.....

you don't randomly log on one day and just attack. there is certain slots available for base wars. and enrage is not going to waste a slot on some **** guild... when there is a perfectly plump one asking to be taken.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @anyone who says this is just another aspect that doesn't affect the playability: WRONG!!

We cannot get Runecrafting skills without Guild Base and we are not able to get all of the Weap n Gears n Buffs n Quests either.

This is the ONLY thing in the game that REQUIRES PVP to accomplish. How is this fair to PVE players?
    You can get runecrafting without a guild base b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Werian - Sanctuary
    Werian - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ah the new expansion and the old QQ, Quess we don't like the changes,but we have to remember this game comes from China and all the patches are made there, maybe not thinking how other countries would like to have in them.

Perfect world entertainment ofc needs money for paying their employees but they should think if they lose players, they lose money. This guild base in a idea is awesome, but why include war between bases, isnt tw enough? Factions are not balanced, since as we know all doesnt like pvp at all and some like real pvp servers its their way of playing. But to make changes only on pvp servers are hard, i believe. To form alliances is not easy task, some factions like to stand alone, but this guild base thingy isnt fair for them with price they cost. Where is the fun to try new features in game when you need to fear that some other faction wants to own everything and enjoy destroying weaker factions. PVP is not something that everyone love or like, so pvp'ers I as you not to make fun of those who just doesnt like pvp, its childish.

This change aint fair, but hey it will be like this for now, maybe they change it, maybe not. Either you play or don't play or just don't make guild base. Everyone makes their own decisions, i left long before this expansion, cos i got fed up by many things. Arguing and raging doesn't help lot, so head on and look will something happen. Form an alliance to change this wrong doing against non-pvp factions.

~Werian
    ~I'm standing in shadows looking how new heroes to rise and how old ones fall like me, long forgotten, waiting people to remember them. If only I would have strength to rise again~
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    One option is to get all the small faction to bid on each other and hope the random selection if favourable.

Ie: If both Enrage and small faction A bid on you. They both have a 50/50 chance of getting the war.
    If they bid it doesn't mean they are 100% guaranteed to fight you unless no one else have bid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You fools didn't realize months ago how flawed the guild base system was?
    b:chuckle

This feature will be enjoyed by top TW factions. It is not intended to be enjoyed by less dominate factions.

pro stock tip: invest in bandwagons b:nosebleed
This discussion has been closed.