so 4 mag 1 vit every level or what would be the best build
  • XAirx - Dreamweaver
    XAirx - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i think ill add a lil vit too so i wont be so squishy :P
  • SilentVapor - Archosaur
    SilentVapor - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    thats why im also putting a little bit vit case my summon dies i wont be to squishy but hope that dont happen

im in the process of updateing right now cant wait to try out the mystic class
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tetrahydra wrote: »
    so 4 mag 1 vit every level or what would be the best build

That's what I'm currently doing, with just enough str to use equipment.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would ASSUME to try to build it like either a mag veno or a ful mag cleric, since it seems to rely a lot on spell casting and since you will have summons, you don't have to worry about taking as much damage. I'm going to try full mag first myself.

Probably this
    Mystic will need a lot of chan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Terranei - Harshlands
    Terranei - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Full mag. Even though I did put 1 vit and 1 str every 2-3 lvls just in case for armor and what not. Until I get a full understanding, i'll probably go full mag once i reach lvl 15 or something.
    I'm a Mystical Mystic Mysticly Mysting you with my green Mystical powers of Mysticness.
    Yeah..I went there.
  • /I/oHope - Harshlands
    /I/oHope - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No ones even going to mention pvp?
    I think I'll go LA with 3 mag, 1 str, and 1 dex every level, just for some more survivability.
    After all, in pvp, I don't think anyones going to be stupid enough to go after the spirit alone.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No ones even going to mention pvp?
    I think I'll go LA with 3 mag, 1 str, and 1 dex every level, just for some more survivability.
    After all, in pvp, I don't think anyones going to be stupid enough to go after the spirit alone.

Maybe until 90, after that Definitely Not. **** survivability and **** damage. Though not sure how much pvp you're gonna do before high level.
  • Akkuza - Raging Tide
    Akkuza - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How I see it, you should go Pure Mag. On a mystic. They don't need the vitality; they have healing skills. The more mana = the more you can heal, and the more powerful the heals. Plus you have a tank pet, so..

Every even level: 4 magic, 1 strength
    Every odd level: 5 magic
  • yordravia
    yordravia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystic isn't a nuker class, full con ftw. Good resistence, mag attack enough for heal and damage ok, great char for pvp.

Each two levels: 6 int, 3 con and 1 for.
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm doing a vit arcane build on my mystic, capping vit at around 30-50 depending on what gear I get. So every even level I stat 1 str, 4 mag, and every odd level I stat 1 vit, 4 mag. Then 5 mag every odd level once vit hits 30-50.
  • QueenGaia - Archosaur
    QueenGaia - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So far the 1 Vit/3 Mag ratio has worked out very well. Always leave a few points so you are not complaining when a nice armor comes up but you're point-shy. It's about surviving, not how pretty you look. Having Stinger and Devil plus the char's own offense at level 21 pretty much makes my Mystic a PMS nightmare.

I love casting Stinger to attack one mob while pet attacks another. Meanwhile I just run around picking up drops and checking for the occasional heal. These stats only apply to PvE doing quests, not hardcore grinders or PvP. I have no experience with that or if different stats would have other results. I leave that to the little boys trying to make up for their **** size. b:laugh
  • Vetrobor - Raging Tide
    Vetrobor - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's what I'm currently doing, with just enough str to use equipment.

Do you think LA is better than Arcane here? (can't wait to finish update)
  • maddog17
    maddog17 Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    Mystics are a caster class who relies heavily on mp so i'd go full mag. la casters are useless and the only viable ha caster class is the veno cuz of fox form.

what i did is to start put 17hp left it at that c
  • maddog17
    maddog17 Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    So far the 1 Vit/3 Mag ratio has worked out very well. Always leave a few points so you are not complaining when a nice armor comes up but you're point-shy. It's about surviving, not how pretty you look. Having Stinger and Devil plus the char's own offense at level 21 pretty much makes my Mystic a PMS nightmare.

I love casting Stinger to attack one mob while pet attacks another. Meanwhile I just run around picking up drops and checking for the occasional heal. These stats only apply to PvE doing quests, not hardcore grinders or PvP. I have no experience with that or if different stats would have other results. I leave that to the little boys trying to make up for their **** size. b:laugh

funny girl lol :D
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics are a caster class who relies heavily on mp so i'd go full mag. la casters are useless and the only viable ha caster class is the veno cuz of fox form.

going with the logic that the only viable HA caster class is veno because of foxform, you could also consider verdant shell lv10 which gives an 80% boost to phys def, which dosent require going to foxform and losing all ranged attacks from the character's skilltree... IMO mystic could be quite a viable HA caster class, just might be more of a pain to fuel a heavy armor mystic than it is to fuel a heavy armor veno (mp wise)

(my "main" is a lv90 heavy armor veno btw)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Do you think LA is better than Arcane here? (can't wait to finish update)

LA is junk compared to AA, HA, or HA/AA mix for defenses... its why my veno went heavy armor at 72 (was LA).. but i wouldnt reccomend anyone going to HA on a veno or mystic unless you've collected and hoarded tons of neck, belt, rings, cape and headgear with mag+/str+/dex+ (or it wont work right at all, and you'll be wearing low lvl armor or wpn or both.. severely underpowering your character)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Think you kinda have to go pretty much full magic, maybe a little bit of vit until you have decent gear for survivability.

But Mystics are the biggest mp-junkies in the game ever. No other caster comes close in terms of mp-consumption. So if you're planning a full vita build, HA or LA you have to be prepared to use mp-charm while spamming a Herb Yuanxiao every 10 sec as well lol.

Summon plants needs loads of MP, than your regular skills/heals needs even more, than the summon wanna get his re-fill of mp or he starts stalking trash lol. Just healing his *** costs a fortune to <.<

Think there will be situations (specially when lvl 11 skills comes out) when a charm wont be enough to support a Mystics with mp. The charm wont be bale to keep up, specially if the Mystic is going full out attack with all skills + summons in PvP,
  • SneakThief - Harshlands
    SneakThief - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    edit: wrong topic.. oops
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    for me i am going robe, with HP stones, base vit 100. Ive done this build on my cleric and I loved it. Although more MP usage, I dont mind using the lvl 75 food. For now though, under 75, I am adding more MAG until then, because of the MP usage. I think its better to have more MAG in the lower lvls actually, and in the higher levels when you plan to do PVP, or other things besides just grinding mobs, then thats when some VIT comes in handy :)

but i believe everyones build is good in their own ways. there is a lot to choose from and its nice to have that sort of freedom in a game.

But what do you guys think about casting gears? If i go rank 8 (still thinking about this) I would have -30% casting by level 100 with the gear I currently have saved for my character. Our skills are already so fast, Im wondering if actually having casting gears would be good for us? Besides Absorb Soul, anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Vetrobor - Raging Tide
    Vetrobor - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    LA is junk compared to AA, HA, or HA/AA mix for defenses...

I updated and started...

You are right. LA is junk. For LA you need some DEX too, which means less MAG again.

And DEX doesn't help Mystic at all.

Thanks.